PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII boss tournment

aeris2001x2
06-30-2004, 02:11 AM
and now the most famous RPG gets its turn.

i,m going to do a seperate tournment for all the numbered ff games which will go all the way to the last six, then these best six(except ff1 which will only have 4 finalists) from each ff will do battle in the finals with the other ff games top six ! so please post (or pm me) who u want to 2 go through in each of the bouts! o (i hope ppl reply). u can judge the vote on ANYTHING u like, be it hardness, coolness, character design, personality etc its YOUR choice my friends

note, there was originally 50 bossess/super enemies i identified but i chose to omit two because of no room. they are the gold saucer versions of Sea worm and Serpent. same again, * denotes its seeding, this time with 48 bossess, 3 rounds. the top six progress to the finals. the first round matches are.

Sephiroth(*1) V Godo

Emerald Weapon(*2) V Lost Number

Ruby Weapon(*3) V H0512

Ultimate Weapon(*4) V Maximum Kimairi(Special battle only)

Hojo(*5) V Hundred Gunner

Jenova Synthesis(*6) V Motor Ball

Rufus V Dyne

Ho-chu(Gold Saucer only) V Diamond Weapon

Midgar Zolom V Wolfmeister

Staniv V Grand Horn

Behemoth(Gold saucer version) V Heli Gunner

Unknown 3(gold saucer version) V Reno

Chekov V Carry Armour

Guard Scorpion V Eagle Gun

Air Buster V Elena

Proud Clod V Demons Gate

Schizo V Snow

Palmer V Bottomswell

Shake V Jenova Birth

Rude V Gorki

Rapps V Gi Nattak

Aps V Jenova Life

Jenova Death V Dark Nation

Materia Keeper V Red Dragon

phew thats alot of matches. deasline is 12am saturday and as ever i apreciate all your input :D

CloudDragon
06-30-2004, 03:44 AM
Hmm, I think I understood all that gibberish, good luck.

1.Sephiroth(*1)

2.Emerald Weapon(*2)

3.Ruby Weapon(*3)

4.Ultimate Weapon(*4)

5.Hojo(*5)

6.Jenova Synthesis(*6)

7.Rufus

8.Diamond Weapon

9.Midgar Zolom

10.Staniv

11.Behemoth(Gold saucer version)

12.Reno

13.Chekov

14.Guard Scorpion - WINNER

15. Air Buster

16.Demons Gate

17.Snow

18.Palmer - getting hit by a truck rules

19.Jenova Birth

20.Rude

21.Gi Nattak

22. Jenova Life

23.Jenova Death

24.Red Dragon

Ultima Shadow
06-30-2004, 09:17 AM
Sephiroth(*1)! Reason: Powerfullness: The story tells about his powers and Supernova can be more dangerous than many of the weapons attacks. Coolness: He looks cool and weilds the cool sword Massamune.

Emerald Weapon(*2)! Reason: Powerfullness: He's the most powerfull boss in the game. Coolness: He is a Weapon.

Ruby Weapon(*3)! Reason: Powerfullness: He's the second most powerfull boss in the game. Coolness: He is a Weapon.

Ultimate Weapon(*4)! Reason: Coolness: He is the coolest looking boss there ever was (in FFVIII but cool enough in FFVII too). Longtimetobeatness: Chasing him around takes a while. Powerfullness: At least he has Shadow flare and Ultima Beam is powerfull first time you face him. Funnyness: It's a funny battle. Tradition: Ultima(te) Weapon has became the most traditional boss. Figth: Ultimate Weapon kicks the crap out of that pityfull Maximum Kimairi. Asskickingness:ULTIMATE WEAPON JUST RULES! Ultimateness: Just for the sake of it.
... now let's look at the others...

Hojo(*5)! Reason: Insanity: He's a real madman. Evilness: Yea, he is the most evil character/monster in the whole game. Funnyness: The battle is funny.

Jenova Synthesis(*6)! Reason: Powerfullness: The story tells about her power. Coolness: Cooler than Motorball.

Rufus! Reason: Just like his place in the story.

Diamond Weapon! Reason: Coolness: He is a Weapon

Midgar Zolom! Reason: Hardness: If you try to beat it the first time you have to cross that swamp, it is hard. Coolness: Looks cool and Beta is a cool attack.

Grand Horn! Reason: fliped a coin. and Grand Horn won.

Behemoth(Gold saucer version)! Reason: Tradition: Behemoths are very traditional. Cooness: Behemoths are cool monsters.

Reno! Reason: Coolness: He is one of the Turks.

Carry Armour! Reason: once again I fliped a coin.

Guard Scorpion! Reason: Coolness: He is the first boss and that's so very cool.

Elena! Reason: Coolness: She is one of the Turks.

Demons Gate! Reason: Tragicness: Last battle with s Aeris . Coolness: It looks cool.

Snow! Reason: Snow is "hot" :D

Palmer! Reason: CloudDragon already told why. :D

Jenova Birth! Reason: Powerfullness: The story tells about her power.

Rude! Reason: Coolness: He is one of the Turks.

Gi Nattak(that's the boss in Cosmo Canyone rigth?)! Reason: Coolness: It's cool.

Jenova Life! Reason: Powerfullness: The story tells about her power. Coolness: Cooler than Aps.

Dark Nation! Reason: To many Jenovas if don't vote this one.

Red Dragon! Reason: Coolness: A big, red dragon that guards the Bahamut Materia.

Zifnab
06-30-2004, 09:28 AM
Sephiroth(*1)

Emerald Weapon(*2)

Ruby Weapon(*3)

Ultimate Weapon(*4)

Hojo(*5)

Jenova Synthesis(*6)

Rufus

Diamond Weapon

Midgar Zolom

Staniv

Behemoth(Gold saucer version)

Reno

Carry Armour

Guard Scorpion

Elena

Proud Clod

Snow

Palmer

Jenova Birth

Rude

Gi Nattak

Jenova Life

Jenova Death

Materia Keeper

Flashback007
06-30-2004, 12:23 PM
I still think this is a great idea. I even think it's so great I did it on an other forum, a Dutch one, not Final Fantasy by the way, and it's reaching a very high popularity. Thank you very much....

My choices are:
Sephiroth(*1)

Emerald Weapon(*2)

Ruby Weapon(*3)

Ultimate Weapon(*4)

Hojo(*5)

Jenova Synthesis(*6)

Dyne

Diamond Weapon

Midgar Zolom

Grand Horn

Behemoth(Gold saucer version)

Reno

Chekov

Eagle Gun

Air Buster

Demons Gate

Schizo

Palmer

Jenova Birth

Rude

Rapps

Jenova Life

Jenova Death

Materia Keeper

Ultima Shadow
06-30-2004, 01:28 PM
I still think this is a great idea. I even think it's so great I did it on an other forum, a Dutch one, not Final Fantasy by the way, and it's reaching a very high popularity. Thank you very much....

Indeed, a great idea it is. And the more people who vote, the funnier will it be.

SpiritWolf
06-30-2004, 09:00 PM
Sephiroth(*1)

Emerald Weapon

Ruby Weapon

Ultimate Weapon(*4)

Hojo(*5)

Jenova Synthesis(*6)

Rufus

Diamond Weapon

Midgar Zolom

Grand Horn

Behemoth

Reno

Carry Armour

Eagle Gun

Elena

Demons Gate

Schizo

Bottomswell

Jenova Birth

Rude

Gi Nattak

Jenova Life

Dark Nation

Materia Keeper

Evil_Cloud
06-30-2004, 10:02 PM
1. Sephiroth

2. Emerald Weapon

3. Ruby Weapon

4. Ultimate Weapon

5. Hojo

6. Jenova Synthesis

7. Dyne (I dont care what u say, Dyne could whoop Rufus anyday)

8. Diamond Weapon

9. Midgar Zolom

10. Staniv

11. Behemoth

12. Reno

13. Carry Armor

14. Eagle Gun

15. Elena

16. Demon's Gate

17. Schizo

18. Palmer

19. Jenova Birth

20. Rude

21. Rapps

22. Jenova Life

23. Jenova Death

24. Red Dragon

aeris2001x2
07-07-2004, 11:51 PM
sos i,m so late :D the results for the first round are...

Sephiroth(*7) V godo is like Usa V iraq without the post war campaign, a 7-0 whooping.

Emerald Weapon(*2) even without the hp advantage could just fall over and beat Lost Number 7-0.

Ruby Weapon(*3) Snorts at this insult of an opponent and even then H0512 collapses into the bottomless pit of the resulting earthquake. 7-0 victory.

and the Ultimate weapon(*4) fights to keep that status with a resounding 7-0 win over the pitiful batle arena boss.

and the most evil man next to Kefka imho, Hojo(*5) beats up on the pitiful machinery that represented Shinra towers best defense 7-0.

Jenova Synthesis(*6), the core of Jenova herself sends motor ball tumbling with one hit of her tentacles...7-0 clattering.

and the first person to go through having dropped points is Rufus, defeating marlenes father 5-2 and still managing to stay uber cool.

u maybe able to morph Ho-chu,s into Ribbons, but a weapon is a weapon after all. 7-0 to the percious metal.

Wolfmeister maybe a hard as nails giant, but the Zolom is a SNAKE :cool: 7-0 meal.

a close battle here, both very even, but the Fort Condor assult teams leader used his imperial guard tip the balance and prevailed 4-3. a personal victory for the least known boss of the game.

he may only be a powered up version of a normal enemy, butits a Behemoth! Heli gunner can shoot all day, Flare will still frag its ass...7-0.

More proof that strength is not everything...7-0 victory to the coolest Turk Reno.

Another Pagoda fighter falls, though Carry Armour is a very nasty machine...5-2 victory.

things looked good at first for Guard Scorpion but Eagle Gun worked out not to attack when the tails up. and so Eagle wins 4-3.

and the gorgeous Elena shows us why shes a turk and probably the most powerful one, crushing the pathetic Air buster with one hit from behind. a 5-2 win.

the Proud Clod section may have been hyper cool but he is against a DEMON, and how cool are demons? plus Ultimashadows reason. 6-1 win

the attractive lady gave it her all and had schizo on the ropes, but dragon beasts dont go down easy. Schizo ultimately beats Snow 4-3.

Palmer , a shinra executive, beats any Big fish, even if he keeps running into Trucks. a 6-1 victory.

Jenova was hardly gonna drop a point against a Pagoda weakling, it would destroy her reputation. a 7-0 thrashing.

Same goes for Rude...7-0 battering.

the two floating heavy weights duked it out and Rapps forgot his phoenix downs, aero 3 was not enough... a 4-3 eventual win to Gi-nattak.

Aps keeps hitting himself for god sake! and curing Jenova Life. the Jenova falls asleep and wins 7-0.

the little cat was so brave and tore bits of Jenova Death everywhere. but 25,000 hp is too much, and Jenova Death Defeats Dark Nation 4-3.

Again too super powers battle. both absorb fire, both high hp, in the end, trine just edges the materia keeper to a 4-3 win over the Red Dragon.

and now let the second round begin...

Sephiroth(*1) V Rufus

Emerald Weapon(*2) V Jenova birth

Ruby Weapon(*3) V Grand Horn

Ultimate Weapon(*4) V Eagle Gun

Hojo(*5) V Palmer

Jenova Synthesis(*6) V Jenova Life

Reno V Schizo

Rude V Midgar Zolom

Jenova Death V Carry Armour

Diamond Weapon V Gi-nattak

DemonsGate V Behemoth(battle arena version)

Materia Keeper V Elena

so get voting and its monday 12am deadline. as ever i appreciate your input.

Ultima Shadow
07-08-2004, 09:21 AM
Sephiroth(*1)! Reason: Coolness: Rufus just couldn't stay uber cool after getting slaugthered by Massamune.

Emerald Weapon(*2)! Reason: Powefullness: Still the most powerfull boss in the game... still a weapon.

Ruby Weapon(*3)! Reason: Powefullness: Still the second most powerfull boss in the game... still a weapon.

Ultimate Weapon(*4)! Reason: Look above, my first post. Coolness: Ultima/te Weapon has always been, is, and will always bee the coolest boss in the world.

Hojo(*5)! Reason: Madness: Now... I actually think Hojo is EVEN mader then a man who keeps running into trucks (and now that's just insane).

Jenova Synthesis(*6)! Reason: Powerfullness: Jenova vs Jenova... the more powerfull one wins the battle.

Reno! Reason: Coolness: Coolest Turk and Turks are cool, dragons to... but not enough.

Midgar Zolom! Reason: Coolness: Rude is Turk and Turks are cool... Zoloms to... and they'r enough!

Jenova Death! Reason: Figth: Jenova Death put Carry Armour to death.

Diamond Weapon! Reason: Powefullness:He is a Weapon... a W-E-A-P-O-N.

DemonsGate! Reason: Same as before. The Deamon wall is a very special battle.

Elena! Reason: Coolness: She is a Turk and Turks are cool, Materia keepers to... but not enough.

Evil_Cloud
07-08-2004, 09:40 PM
1. Sephiroth

2. Emerald Weapon

3. Ruby Weapon

4. Ultima Weapon

5. Hojo

6. Jenova Synthesis

7. Reno

8. Rude

9. Jenova Death

10. Diamond Weapon

11. Demon's Gate

12. Elena

Zifnab
07-08-2004, 09:48 PM
Two Jenovas are together? That's cruel. :(

Rufus

Jenova birth

Ruby Weapon

Ultimate Weapon

Hojo

Jenova Life

Reno

Rude

Jenova Death

Diamond Weapon

DemonsGate

Elena

Flashback007
07-11-2004, 10:24 AM
I choose for:
Sephiroth(*1)

Emerald Weapon(*2)

Ruby Weapon(*3)

Ultimate Weapon(*4)

Hojo(*5)

Jenova Synthesis(*6)

Reno

Rude

Jenova Death

Diamond Weapon

DemonsGate

Elena

SpiritWolf
07-12-2004, 02:21 AM
Sephiroth(*1)

Emerald Weapon(*2)

Ruby Weapon(*3)

Eagle Gun

Hojo(*5)

Jenova Synthesis(*6)

Reno

Midgar Zolom

Jenova Death

Diamond Weapon

DemonsGate

Elena

I am greatly saddened that Dark Nation did not advance :cry:

aeris2001x2
07-12-2004, 03:43 AM
yep its cruel but thats what the random battle generator decided. oh ultima shadow i love the way u decree your reasons :D and the second round results are...

Sephiroth(*1) prevails but its credit to Rufus for being able to damage the demi-god in anyway...a 5-1 victory.

and the same for the Emerald weapon(*2) as the seeds realise that being seeded does not gurantee success. a 5-1 win over the first Jenova incarnation.

the first flawless victory thus far, Ruby Weapon(*3) wins 6-0 though Grand Horn is happy enough to have battled such a legend.

Ultimate Weapon(*4) also does a 5-1 victory over Eagle Gun as the weapons continue there rule.

the worlds most evil man Hojo(*5) defeats the worlds dumbest in a 6-0 thrasing.

i suppose Jenova Synthesis(*6) was always going to beat her weaker self, even without a water ring, a 5-1 win.

anyone who does a 6-0 to Schizo deserves to reach the finals, can Reno do it?

the first tie as Rude and Zolom clash to reach 3-3...and Rude just dodges his last beta to strike home.

the Fire Jenova cooks the carry Armour 5-1 and hopes for a good draw next round.

Diamond weapon is a WEAPON, plus he had a phoenix down...6-0 seems about right.

Demons Gate is surely an outside shot 4 the title wth another 6-0 thrasing

Monsters have to be UBER COOL to beat pretty girls, thats the rule...6-0 win for Elena.

and thus, the third round begins. these winning 6 will reach the finals...

Sephiroth(*1) V Reno

Emerald Weapon(*2) V Rude

Ruby Weapon(*3) V Elena

Ultimate Weapon(*4) V Demons Gate

Hojo(*5) V Jenova Death

Jenova Synthesis(*6) V Diamomd Weapon

again, there fate is in your hands ppl! deadline is saturday 12am. thanks again :D

CloudDragon
07-12-2004, 05:03 AM
Reno

Emerald Weapon

Ruby Weapon(*3)

Demons Gate

Hojo(*5)

Jenova Synthesis(*6)

SpiritWolf
07-12-2004, 05:29 AM
Here are my votes

Sephiroth(*1)

Emerald Weapon(*2)

Elena

Demons Gate

Hojo(*5)

Diamond Weapon

Some pretty good matchups although Dark Nation could dominate them all.

Zifnab
07-12-2004, 08:25 AM
Reno

Rude

Elena

Demons Gate

Jenova Death

Diamond Weapon

Flashback007
07-12-2004, 10:50 AM
Reno (He just is cooler, then Sephiroth)

Rude (Like Reno, he also is a Turk)

Elena (Look another Turk)

Demons Gate (I hate him more then Ultima Weapon, he is so damn hard)

Hojo(*5) (He looks cool)

Diamomd Weapon (At least one Weapon should go trough)

Ultima Shadow
07-12-2004, 12:23 PM
Sephiroth(*1) V Reno Belive it or not... I skip this one, since so many vote AGAINST Sephiroth... I mean... that's really something... strange... weird... but cool... so I leave this in the hands of other people... for now atleast.

Emerald Weapon(*2)! Reason: Coolness: The turks are all cool, but they'r not even close to as cool as the Weapons are. Powerfullness: Still as powerfull as before...

Ruby Weapon(*3)! Reason: The exactly same reason as Emerald Weapon...

Ultimate Weapon(*4)! Reason: All my reasons for this one can be found in my last posts... WHAT!? HE IS LOSING!? TO DEAMON WALL!? :eek: :( :cry: :mad: :mad2:

Hojo(*5)! Reason: Madness: He's insane... Jenova's not. Evilness: Jenova is evil but Hojo is even more evil (pure evil and insanity... just like Kefka).

Diamomd Weapon! Reason: Because I figth for the Weapons to the very end! Bless the Weapons! TREMBLE BEFORE THEIR MIGTH! ATLEAST 1 Weapon must prevail!

SpiritWolf
07-13-2004, 06:56 AM
Hey Aeris which game are you going to do a boss tournament for next?

aeris2001x2
07-13-2004, 01:57 PM
i,ve decided ffIX will be next, then probably ffV with the ps2 ones after that. ffIII will be last and i still havent finished the game with rebootings and stuff so that may take a bit but i hope to get the tournment finals underway by the end of august at the latest.

SpiritWolf
07-13-2004, 07:19 PM
All right cool because I've been waiting for a FFIX boss tournament.

Ultima Shadow
07-15-2004, 03:59 PM
Oh my... 4 votes for Reno? Ok... I'll go with Sephiroth.
Man, this sure is weird... Sephy losing to Reno and Ultimate Weapon losing to a Demon gate!?

aeris2001x2
07-15-2004, 04:14 PM
lol even with my vote he is still losing 4-3! who can help my dark lord??? :eek: :confused:

ForeverZeroUltima
07-15-2004, 07:10 PM
Reno

Emerald Weapon

Ruby Weapon

Ultima Weapon

Diamond Weapon

aeris2001x2
07-15-2004, 07:16 PM
* and out of the abyss foreverzeroultima strikes the final nail in the coffin 4 Sephiroth!!!!!*

so much 4 a Sephiroth/Kefka final :(

i think i feel like spirit wolf did when Dark Nation was defeated :eep: oh why!!! lol

ForeverZeroUltima
07-15-2004, 07:25 PM
* and out of the abyss foreverzeroultima strikes the final nail in the coffin 4 Sephiroth!!!!!*

:lol: lol sorry but i seem to like Reno a lot...so much that one time i dreamed i WAS Reno in my sleep :eek:

Ultima Shadow
07-15-2004, 07:30 PM
i think i feel like spirit wolf did when Dark Nation was defeated :eep: oh why!!! lol
And my poor Ultimate Weapon. :( But... ofcourse... there's still Ultima Weapon from FFX + he won in FFVIII and Atma in FFVI... :)

aeris2001x2
07-15-2004, 07:34 PM
:lol: lol sorry but i seem to like Reno a lot...so much that one time i dreamed i WAS Reno in my sleep :eek:

now i wish i had such cool dreams!
:D nah i,m not that bothered i mean it is sorta like Greece beating France at football but its not just my opinion that counts...

i know ultimashadow, but as u say u still have plently of weapons u can vote 4 in the finals...and there is still hope! the deadline is 12am saturday so if more voters come...ohhh look George Bush is withdrawing from Iraq...lol

aeris2001x2
07-17-2004, 05:47 PM
and so the results r in(ohh sephirioth :cry: )

A REAL shock as the first top seed in all the ff tournments to go out in the domestic stage is SEPHIROTH(*1)!!! he did of course lose to a worthy foe, but my pick to win the whole tournment has fallen 5-3 to RENO . Reno is surely a favourate now.

however the almighty second seed Emerald weapon has suffered no such fate, defeating Rude 5-3.

and the same result for Ruby Weapon(*3) against the other Turk, 5-3. will the ff worlds most powerful weapons wreck havoc in the finals?

though this weapon could not hack it against the demonic wall. 5-3 to demon Gate.

and Hojo(*5) manages to steam roller his way to the finals with ease 6-1. must be sumthin 2 do with the easy draw he had...

and all incarnations of Jenova have gone out now, with Diamond weapon truimphing 5-3.

these six will all have high hopes 4 the finals. thanks 4 votes ppl. next stop...oh god...i,ll think i,ll try ffX now! :eek: