PDA

View Full Version : Concerning carp

Mikztsu
06-30-2004, 02:11 AM
I love fishing. I was in REALLY BAD need of money after I got my ninja, because I need to buy all those Zinc ores for my Utsusemi quest and being ninja isn't cheapest job there is, really ( I'm gonna go with THF/NIN).

In about three days, I've leveled my fishing to level 7 ( it's slow), but money is pretty good with those moat carps! Finally I got to buy composite rod ( 12k) and I also sold about 30k worth of carp at AH today, so I've made quite a profit in early fishing levels. Not to mention I LOVE fishing. It's not for some people, but I have patience and I've learned to enjoy it. It's awesome to just stand on Knightswell, and seeing how múch you get carp ( I don't know why word "carp" amuses me. Must have something to do with Dr. Unne, Carpie).

Do you fish? At what level you will be getting real money? Also a question about losing catch %...right now it seems that after the fish bites, I have about 20 - 30% chance of not losing the catch. So, for example, when I'm level 20 at fishing, how much better chances I have on carp?

Oh, and they sell carp for about 150 gil/ piece at fishermen guild, and you can sell stack for 4k at AH...you do the math what's smart to do. >D

Ouch!
06-30-2004, 04:14 AM
I really should pick up fishing, or any of the other crafts for that matter. Fishing is relatively cheap to do, unlike other crafts which require you to put craploads of money into it before you make anything.

I'm eventually going to give fishing a go.

Lionx
06-30-2004, 05:16 AM
Actually getting the fishing gear and rods and the bait is an initial investment, i was just lucky i had friends who crafted my body and HQ pants.

I am lvl 6 i think in fishing, i havent gotten lots of bites but thats prolly because i get a bamboo rod and insect paste. I heard you get alot more at high lvls when you can fish easily in saltwater areas and get good fish.

Citizen Bleys
07-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Oh, and they sell carp for about 150 gil/ piece at fishermen guild, and you can sell stack for 4k at AH...you do the math what's smart to do. >D

I looked for moat carp at the fishermen's guild in Windy and they don't sell it. Same with Selbina. There's no guild in Sandy.

Where are you buying these fish?

Mikztsu
07-02-2004, 01:17 AM
I looked for moat carp at the fishermen's guild in Windy and they don't sell it. Same with Selbina. There's no guild in Sandy.

Where are you buying these fish?

Yes, I had to correct this yesterday.>< One member of my linkshell told me this before I even visited the guild, and I was disappointed to see there's no carp. Didn't know where he got it, sorry about that. :(

Citizen Bleys
07-02-2004, 01:33 AM
maybe it's only on the ship between Mhaura and Selbina

Jalbrean
07-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Yeah, you can get decent money from Moat Carp, but that's not where the real money in fishing is. You'll have to be a lot higher for that though. 70+ with Lu Shang's I believe.

My fishing skill is 28 right now and I can make a bit of money off of my current skill ups (Giant Catfish & Dark Bass) Sadly Catfish don't stack so it makes for some running to the guild and doing some selling to free up inventory.

I'm not fishing for money really, so I can't tell you what level you could potentially 'start' making money. I fish for skill ups, so there's probably fish out there that could net me more money. I dunno.

I usually spend one good fishing phase (Moon phase 10% - 0% or 90% - 100% fishing for moat carp. My cooking skill is level 50 so I can make my own insect paste no problem. (More cost efficent too.)

Mikztsu
07-02-2004, 11:19 AM
I should start cooking as well. Fishing + cooking would make decent money, I believe.

Jalbrean
07-02-2004, 11:54 AM
That's the way i'm going.

Fishing is almost all sold directly to npc's (Quick and instant money)

Cooking especially once I can do HQ synth's of Meat Mithkabobs, etc will net some good money. (I like the fact i'm dealing in all consumables, which means the market rarely slows down. Even if you won't net the huge money makers of the other crafts, you're getting a constant flow of cash)

Lionx
07-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Says here that its best to beg after all :D

http://www.slackerscomic.com/destinydreamers/dd023.jpg

Ichy
07-18-2004, 05:28 AM
http://www.clanwind.com/ffxi/fishing/

;)

This is your friend *points up*

ZeZipster
07-24-2004, 09:17 PM
Ok, Ichy, that site kick arse. I think I'll set it as my homepage.