PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarok Power-Levelling

VDeity
06-30-2004, 10:28 PM
Hello, Ragnarok friends!

I am just posting to advertise a power-levelling service I am offering to the entire community (rather than shouting it out in San d'Oria ^^). Right now I'm afraid my level only permits me to power-level characters with job levels of 1-15. I am currently a WHM25/BLM12 and I have pretty much all of my spells. In a few levels Protect II is coming to enhance the service, and when I attain level WHM30/BLM15 I will expand my services up to level 20.

My reason for offering this service is just the price of spells is increasing, and I am still several levels short of starting up my Teleport service (though I have my level 36 teleport scrolls ready and waiting.) I started out buying every single spell for WHM and BLM up to level 15, but now that I've raised WHM higher, I just can't do that anymore. Hehe, so help me out.

Now for the most important part... my price. I am charging based on a system I dreamt up one day in Kazham And here it is...

100 GIL!!!!
150 for MP dependant job classes (due to MP downtime).

100 Gil x Level Attained with me.
150 Gil x Level Attained with me for MP classes.

For example... A level 5 going onto level 6 would pay me 600 gil.

That sounds fair, doesn't it? Only 100 gil more per level. Of course if you apply for multiple levels the price goes up...

Level 5 - Level 10 = 600 + 700 + 800 + 900 + 1000

Contact Aliza ingame if you are interested, leave questions/comments here in the thread please. Thank you and don't steal my idea

Rostum
07-01-2004, 01:04 AM
The only thing you should be getting money for is Teleports. No offense but do something more worthwhile, like farming, harvesting or something, you'll get better results and level up your jobs! You're still low level.

Sorry to say but I think, a long with some other people, that this is a bad idea.

Keep the powerleveling for a friend or something.

Citizen Bleys
07-01-2004, 04:05 AM
There's nothing wrong with trying to make money by powerlevelling.

I, personally, wouldn't purchase powerlevelling, but I don't think there's anything wrong with a whm trying to make some extra money that way...all I can say, though, is that it irritates the (expletive deleted) out of me when somebody gets as far as Qufim without picking up a clue somewhere along the way, and most of the brainless twats who make it to Qufim make it that far because of powerlevellers.

You've got a brain, though--I've seen that in action. Find your own balance between making money and encouraging stupidity and stick with it.

VDeity
07-01-2004, 05:56 AM
I'm not doing this to make anyone angry or anything, and I understand that brainless twits are very annoying in places such as Qufim (I've partied with more than my fair share of them, trust me) But I really like the idea of power-levelling for money, because the cash is very quick for me, and I am able to get my seplls right away ratehr than waiting to perfect a craft. I've already funded Protect II, Protectra II, and Stoneskin from Power-Levelling, so it's working for me :P
Those people who don't know anything in Qufim will eventually learn I guess... I am Level 28/14 now by the way. Almost accepting level 20's into my service....

Lionx
07-01-2004, 07:27 AM
I dont normally powerlvl, maybe LS friends if they have a good reason, but there are a few reasons why i dont.

1.) Boring, that time i can fish/teleport/whatever for money if i need it.
2.) People will always beg you for more, and 100gil is pretty easy to find.
3.) Alot will be jackasses because you dont plvl them some other time. You will be known somehow, and yes they will bother you.
4.) As said above, by powerlvling a person without a sub, or one that just got a sub, they dont learn anything at all about their job and that will hurt you if they ever catch up.

The only plus i see is skill ups from Healing mostly, and maybe Enhancing. But thats not really important to me.

VDeity
07-01-2004, 08:10 PM
I don't think there is a problem with me raising up "brainless twats" anyways. Sure a newbie who has yet to "pick up a clue along the way" might be able to afford one or two easy level ups with my service, but the cost does go up as you are signing on for more than one level. It isn't just 100 gil extra... that would be too easy to get and yes, a waste of my time.

Here's an example (one of my previous jobs in fact)
There's a Rank 5 War35/Nin17 who wants to be a Thf/Nin rather than War/Nin, so he gets me to power-level him to level 15 (since finding parties is sometimes difficult for Thieves especially in noob areas like Valkurm until Sneak Attack is learned) He is a level 5 right now and solo'ing is getting a little bit slow for him, so he pays me to take him to level 15. I earned 600 gil levelling him up to 6. That's not a lot of money, I admit, but it is a very easy job raising someone from 5 to 6. The way my system works is that you're taking the level you're earning and multiplying it by 100gil. So instead for 100 more gil for level 7, I got an addition 700, then an additional 800, another 900, etc...
The full 5-15 job resulted in 600+700+800+900+1000+1100+1200+1300+1400+1500 gil. This is not exactly a service for people who don't know what they are doing, for most of them would not be able to afford it. The reason why someone might pay me this much is because it is an extremely quick and safe couple of level ups, and not too pricey for the experienced players. He got to level 15 in about 3 1/2 hours chaining Even Match and Toughs pretty much nonstop.