PDA

View Full Version : tri-mental attack? where?

DrivebyMessiah
07-01-2004, 10:07 AM
its been a long time since i've touched ff6. but i remember in the tutorial area there was some blurb about tri-something attacks indicating use of fire/ice/lightning. It led me to believe i could cook up tri attacks at some point or another. The only time I ever saw a tri anything was using an esper, and I didn't think thats what the hint could have been about since it didn't require any combining on my part.

Also - near death attacks.. i think i've played the game through 3 times an i'd only seen one of those. seemed like a gyp. a gyp i tell you!

Flying Mullet
07-01-2004, 02:51 PM
Yeah, you have to have really low health to do a near-death attack, so the chances are rare indeed. If you really want to see a near death attack, get a person low on health, so that they're kneeling, and then fight on the Solitary Island in the WOR, where the Peepers roam. They don't hurt and you can keep trying the fight command to see the near-death attack of each character.

As for the tri-elemental attacks, I don't remember anyone in the beginners house saying anything about it. Theonly tri-elemental attacks I've seen in the game are when you summon Maudin, as you said, and when you fight the three Dream stooges I think they have a tri-elemental attack, but I'm not sure.

m4tt
07-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Doesn't Tritoch also have a tri-element attack?

Flying Mullet
07-01-2004, 03:16 PM
Good call, he does too. I forgot about him. Yeah, he has a more powerful tri-elemental attack than Maudin.

DrivebyMessiah
07-02-2004, 12:49 AM
in the advanced tactics room [ to the far left] one of the advisors says, "a 3-way attack indicates a fire ice and lightning attack"

vague, sure, but i just figured it would be more of a frequent occurence or something repeatable.

Outsider
07-02-2004, 03:45 AM
Maduin has a "non-elemental attack". The only esper that uses a "Tri-elemental attack" is Tritoch.

And you can pretend to use Tri-elemental attacks equipping a Gem Box and casting Quick. But I'm pretty sure you're not talking about it.

DrivebyMessiah
07-03-2004, 09:30 PM
i always thought there was some way to combine elemental attacks into a single "trimental attack"

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-04-2004, 03:48 AM
Play Chrono Trigger.