PDA

View Full Version : Capcom fighting Jam=Reason why XBox live was invented

Erdrick Holmes
07-01-2004, 03:24 PM
http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=889

So far this makes 2 games I'm dying for the XBox release of. The only disapointment I see in this game is that they have Yun but not Yang. Yang was the cooler of the two Kung Fu Brothers on the SF3 seres.

m4tt
07-01-2004, 03:36 PM
Been there, done that. When is Capcom going to realize that all their cross over games are pretty much the same?

Erdrick Holmes
07-01-2004, 03:41 PM
This ain't no crossover game, it's all Capcom, no Marvelcrap vs Capcom. Come to think of it the only really good crossover games to be released were Capcom Vs SNK 1 and 2 and the much coveted SNK Vs Capcom Chaos *puts hads together and bows*

m4tt
07-01-2004, 04:00 PM
It's still a crossover in my mind. It's not just "street fighter super duper fighters II". If it has characters from different games, it's a crossover to me.

Zell's Fists of Fury
07-01-2004, 06:12 PM
No Gambit = Dumb Crossover Game
Also: No Gamit = Bad Third X-Men Movie. But that's besides the point.

SomethingBig
07-01-2004, 06:16 PM
Is that for the X-Box only?

Erdrick Holmes
07-01-2004, 06:40 PM
I think it's for PS2 but it'll definetly be on XBox.

And Spiff, the Mavel Vs Capcom crossover games were dull, you can sit in the corner pressing heavy punch the whole time and still win.

Zell's Fists of Fury
07-01-2004, 07:52 PM
But it has GAMBIT goddamnit

Shoyku
07-01-2004, 08:00 PM
I remember playing X-Men vs. Street Fighter and having Gambit literally do 100+ hit combos. Because his card throwing super move would usually do around 30~ hits, and I did it thrice in a row. 8-)

BatChao
07-02-2004, 10:58 AM
I'm with Gau on this one... in my mind, Capcom has forgotten how to make fighting games since the Alpha series (the SF3s were okay too, I guess...). Now, Capcom's fighting formula is throw a bunch of characters together, don't bother to change the sprites/animations, don't balance out the game at all, create some wacky super move system, and throw it out on the market. Capcom has been going off of name power for long enough. Fighting Jam is just another rehash... it's like the Capcom guys sat down and were like: 'Well... we fought Marvel... we fought SNK... wait... now let's have Capcom vs Capcom! OMG! Capcom Fighting Jam! We'll just rip characters from all our series and throw them together! WWHHHEEEE!!!!!!! And for extra spice, let's throw in a couple characters from our cancelled 3D fighter!' Capcom Fighting Jam is just Capcom vs Capcom.

I think they need to settle down and create another real fighter... one that's awesome like the SF2 series was... Street Fighter 4 anyone? With hi-res characters (ala GGX), a mix of new and old street fighters, and a new engine that doesn't rely purely on combos and supers.

Erdrick Holmes
07-02-2004, 03:25 PM
Just wait till Sammy Vs Capcom get's made, that will be a freaking masterpiece.

Zell's Fists of Fury
07-02-2004, 06:17 PM
Will it have Gambit?

Erdrick Holmes
07-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Do you see the words "Marvel" or "X-Men" or "Gambit" anywhere in that title?

Lindy
07-02-2004, 09:28 PM
Anything that isn't an SNK fighting game is ghey.

Or Namco, hatfa admit that Soul Calibur I/II are pretty nifty.

P.S. The Red Earth games were super-ghey.

The only good thing is that some BoF characters might appear as secret characters, me secretly hoping it's Ryu from BoFV, but then, not like I'm buying it anyway.

Ha!

Ok, maybe if it had Viewtiful Joe and Dante, then it might be promising.

I heard about this game ages ago anyway, rather uninterested then too.

m4tt
07-02-2004, 09:55 PM
Just wait till Sammy Vs Capcom get's made, that will be a freaking masterpiece.
No, it will be exactly like Marvel vs Capcom vs SNK vs Capcom vs Capcom.

Lindy
07-02-2004, 10:01 PM
vs. Konami.

Konami and Capcom are starting to collaborate, it's a sad day for gaming when rivals suddenly become friends.

Did The Goonies Video Game mean NOTHING AT ALL ;______;

BatChao
07-03-2004, 12:06 AM
No, it will be exactly like Marvel vs Capcom vs SNK vs Capcom vs Capcom.

Actually... it depends on who develops. I've kinda lost faith in Capcom's fighting games, but even though it's not really my kinda of game, Sammy's Guilty Gear games are a good example of what 2D fighters should strive to be like. Not only are the graphics awesome, but there is actually a lot of depth to the fighting engine. Stuff like roman cancels, dusts, perfect guard, and burst are all pretty cool and do well to really balance out the game. The only thing that bothers me is the instant kill, which is kinda lame. I still have faith that Sammy knows how to make a good fighter, so if they're developing Sammy vs Capcom, then it just might turn out alright.

PS: SNK fighting games are hit and miss. I really don't like most FFs or KoFs, Samurai Showdown/Spirits is alright, but the Last Blade series of Mark of the Wolves are really great.

Mo-Nercy
07-03-2004, 10:45 AM
Capcom Fighting Jam is just Capcom vs Capcom.
Sounds like Capcom is going through an identity crisis.

NM
07-03-2004, 08:32 PM
I really wish Capcom would just bring out a new Street Fighter game. Even if it was just all the characters from Street Fighter through to SF3 : Third Strike but with all new sprites and backgrounds would do make me happy. Rather than just lifting a sprite from a 10 year old game and slapping them all together. (Morigan in Capcom VS SNK 2 is a good example.)

I'm sure i'll buy Capcom Fighting Jam as i'm just a sucker for good old 2D beat 'em up's.

Street Fighter 3 is supposed to be out on the PS2 this year as well. It's about time as well seen as it's been knocking around since before Alpha 3 came out, and has only been released on the DC so far.

And to add my 2 pence on the VS games.

The marval, X-Men series imo are complete rubbish. Masive over the top special moves that fil the screen and super combo's that hit 30 times just don't do it for me. The 2 VS SNK games are good, but most of the SNK characters are abit lame imo.

black orb
07-03-2004, 08:47 PM
vs. Konami.
Konami and Capcom are starting to collaborate, it's a sad day for gaming when rivals suddenly become friends.
>>> Ryu vs Yugi?! :D

>>> Capcom fighting Jam looks promising, but why the stupid Xbox is picking on the good 2d fighters??
First was Guilty Gear X2 #reload and now this Capcom fighting Jam..:mad: