PDA

View Full Version : Drawing is beter then Items

Flashback007
07-02-2004, 10:49 AM
I just began to play FF 8 for the second time, only now I discover how handy the drawing system is. Especially in the beginning of the game, when the enemies are weak. I just let someone draw many cures and then the first disc is a walk in the park. Also other spells drawing work good. And if you have the Find abilitie of Shiva, you can get hidden draw points and hidden save-points. I think it's very easy, but then again maybe this is only in the beginning of the game. But if it goes the whole game like this, you don't need to buy some very expensive items, but you can just draw spells like Cure, Esuna en Life fromt the enemies.

soulICE
07-02-2004, 11:21 AM
but drawing magic can be tedious, especially if you want three characters to have 100 of each spell the monster has (ive been that obsessive in my past games)

this time though im making use of the item refining abilities and card modding. it makes accumulating magic faster (well, less monotonous) as well as you can get better magic earlier in the game by playing alot of cards. i card-modded enough abyss worm cards for tornado magic before i went to the dollet mission :p

its also good if your going for a low level game

i only remember using siren's move/find ability when i was in the tomb of the unknown king.. i kinda forgot about it afterwords..

Ultima Shadow
07-02-2004, 05:01 PM
Drawing cures is better than buying potions... but as soon as get Siren and her Life-MagRF, you'll be able to turn a Tent into 10 Curagas and there's no monster in the early game to draw Curagas from.
HOWEVER, all in all Draw is better than Items. And yes, you can keep it going trough the wole game and that's why this is the easiest of all the FF's.

Fuzakeru
07-02-2004, 06:24 PM
Before you go and fight Ifrit I spent eleven hours leveling up and drawing from random creatures. . . . I ended up getting the second level magics for Fire/Water/Blizzard/Cure up to 100 as well as 100 scans per character.
Anyway, I don't mind the everlasting job of drawing so I believe it's a lot better than using items. :)

nik0tine
07-02-2004, 06:35 PM
drawing magic is great. its really nice to have 9999 hp on disk 2.

Ultima Shadow
07-02-2004, 08:49 PM
drawing magic is great. its really nice to have 9999 hp on disk 2.
Or disc 1. :D