PDA

View Full Version : Darkness

Chris
07-02-2004, 04:02 PM
Some people has called this the "darkest" Final Fantasy to date.
Agree or Disagree ?

http://www.s.the.great.8m.com/ff3/editor/sedit2.5.gif
It's not exactly for minors...

Flying Mullet
07-02-2004, 04:03 PM
I don't think that it's any darker than the others.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-02-2004, 04:52 PM
Seriously. It's not overtly "dark" by any means, nor have I ever seen anyone call it such. "Not exactly for minors"? You must have the wrong game.

Ultima Shadow
07-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Dissagree!

Chris
07-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Okay so I exaggerated...
But really, I think that the overall feel of the game is somewhat dark...
and I don't mean that in a bad way at all...

Here's someone who agrees with me:

www.ffwa.org/ff5/

Edit by D: Please don't post twice in a row, it's better to use the 'edit/delete' button if you've got something to add, or if you made a spelling error in your original post:)

ShivaBlizzard8
07-02-2004, 07:05 PM
Other than the fact that I suppose there's a lot of death, no, I didn't find the storyline overly dark or frightening. The world seems like a happy place which is being terroized by an evil force.

Honestly, I think FF7 is one of the darker Final Fantasies. The world is a very horrible place and is slowly being destroyed both from within and outside. There is a lot of insanity and everyone must question themselves and their motives. And there's a lot of death there as well.

Chris
07-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Thanks ShivaBlizzard....for at least...seeing one side of my question....
And yes, Final Fantasy VII is perhaps the "darkest" Final Fantasy game so far, the whole feelin' is moody and very sad (in a good way).
Especially Midgar has a very dark aura swirling around it.
But I still feel like Final Fantasy V is a very dark and somewhat tragic story...

Zifnab
07-02-2004, 07:23 PM
I think FFIV is darker than this one. Just about every character "died" at some point which became really depressing.
What stops FFV from being really dark is how during the ending all the towns Exdeath destroyed just popped back. Everyone's alive, yay~!

Big D
07-07-2004, 01:43 PM
Seriously. It's not overtly "dark" by any means, nor have I ever seen anyone call it such. "Not exactly for minors"? You must have the wrong game.Perhaps he was referring to this (http://www.ffcompendium.com/misc/library5.jpg)?

ShivaBlizzard8
07-08-2004, 12:43 AM
LOL. :p

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-08-2004, 08:58 PM
:aimmad:

Mr. Graves
07-10-2004, 04:17 PM
FF6 is the darkest FF game by far.

This one just isn't as bright as some others.