PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me

Chris
07-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Long I have had the desire to play Final Fantasy VI...so I've looked up some screenshots of the game and well...out from the pictures I've seen the game seems very moody and dark...so is this true or have I've been totally deceived? (p.s I don't mind a tragic story...with an occasional pinch of despair and darkness).

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002ABN.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Ich Weiss, Es Wird Einmal Ein Wunder Geschehen...
"I am Nina, Nina Hagen, the mother of urban rock and the uncrowned queen of darkness...

Zifnab
07-02-2004, 08:10 PM
It's not that moody. The personalities of the characters are fairly colourful and they get into some amusing situations. However about half way through the game it does get a bit depressing for a while. The antagonists are light hearted too, being a psycho clown, a purple octopus and a swordsman who's skills are comparable to Gilgamesh with Excalipur.
A "a tragic story...with an occasional pinch of despair and darkness" would be a good way to describe it.

Mr. Graves
07-03-2004, 04:03 PM
I've found this game to dark, too. FFs 4 and 5 had bright colors and were generally fun games. I don't know, the graphics are pretty dark, probably the darkest of the FF series, and the music in the title screen that's ment to be like horror music doesn't exactly help it.

Heath
07-04-2004, 11:46 AM
I found FFVII to be quite dark too, let's not forget the ShinRa and Nibelheim now. But yes, it is quite dark game in places.

Cuchullain
07-04-2004, 03:11 PM
VI has by far the more... complex and diverse of the stories. It starts fairly mysteriously, gets light hearted, about half way through REALLY good with depressive atmosphere, and towards the end (haven't completed it yet) builds up to a hard fought crescendo.

Edgar
07-08-2004, 01:58 PM
This game got lots of death counts, that's all I can tell you =/

Flying Mullet
07-11-2004, 07:14 PM
Yes, the game is visually dark. Part of this is because Square was taking advantage of the full 256 color pallette, which led to a lot of similar colors being used for good graphics. So if they are in a cave and the walls are brown, black and purple, they used a lot of those shades to make the graphics realistic, and that didn't leave much room for many bright colors, such as red, green and yellow.