PDA

View Full Version : The Halfway Mark of '04!

Agent Proto
07-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Ok, we're almost halfway through the year, and things have been fine and dandy for the most part. Anyway, how would you rate the year so far for you? In your life and online? Would you say it's been good, bad, or a rollercoaster of ups and downs?

As for me, I'd say that the year so far has been treating me fair, but throughout my family, I'd say it's been fairly good, with its downs. First of all, I'm doing fine myself, having met my gf a few weeks ago for a week, which was quite enjoyable, so that's a high in the year. My dad's been diagnosed with gastric cancer by March or May, or somewhere in between, and that itself probably makes the year sad, in terms of my dad's health. =/ But the family's been coping with it and such.

Online, I'd say 2004's been pretty dull in general, but there are plenty of good that outweighs the bad, so it's all good. :)

If I were to rate 2004 so far, I'll give it a 6. It's been fairly good, but there are also some bad parts of the year that lowers the rate to 6 from a possible 8. :)

Kirobaito
07-02-2004, 11:57 PM
Well, I think the most important thing (geez, how sorry am I?:p) has been my increased involvement with EoFF. Before late January '04, I only came here around once a month, perhaps less than that, except when FFSupreme occurred, in which I was here every day. You guys have been great to me, and have taught me a lot about other places and other cultures, and I have made some quality friends here. I just wanna say thanks. I'm sure once school starts, marching band practice every day will surely inhibit my involvement here, but I'll try to be on as much as possible. :D

*hugs EoFF*

I'd say it's been okay. Certainly better than 2003, quite possibly the worst year of my life. I'd give it around a 6, probably.

BatChao
07-03-2004, 12:13 AM
You know... this year was looking really good until recently. I got my degree (sorta... more on that later), got a job at Electronic Arts, and generally had a lot of fun. But then I recently discovered that I didn't pass a class and since I've moved, I can't go back to my school and retake it. These past few weeks I'v been frantically talking to my counselor to see what to do. I think I've finally gotten everything straightened out, though. Just waiting on the approval to be able to take some classes at Berkeley to make up for the units. Bleh. It really sucks because now not only do I have to take two classes to make up for one (unit discrepency), but I also have to do it while I work full time. *Sigh* And I thought I was done with school... well... one more month to go. Not too bad.

Meat Puppet
07-03-2004, 12:22 AM
It sucked. But suddenly, at halfway, things are starting to look better.

-N-
07-03-2004, 12:23 AM
It could be worse. Objectively, I'd give it a low score, but I've profited enough from the harsher times for it to be much better than that. So I won't assign a number. How's that?

Ouch!
07-03-2004, 12:27 AM
This has been the most difficult year of my entire life. The beginning of the year marked my withdrawal from society. I missed two months of school because of the time I spent in psychiatric departments of two hospitals. I was hospitalized on three seperate occassions.

Since my release I have been feverishly trying to catch up in my academics. I finally completed German II Honors today, leaving only Geometry and Chemistry to finish. It's not too terribly fun studying like crazy during vacation times.

I expect the second part of the year to be much better and far happier, but I fear that this year will always go down in my book as the worst year of my life.

Fuzakeru
07-03-2004, 01:09 AM
It's halfway over already? Are you joking? Where did the time go?! :confused:

Even though I've had many odd happenings in my life and plenty of hardships, I must say that this year has been wonderful - all thanks to my awesome hubby.
As far as my year at EoFF goes - I tend to come and go. I'll come on hard for a few days then fade for a month or two and then come back. I'm trying to change that while I can cause come October there will be a lot less posting from me. :(

Erdrick Holmes
07-03-2004, 01:42 AM
On a scale of 10 to ten I'd give it a 7.

+s:
Got my diploma
Got rid of my immature additude
Nice cold winter
First paying job

-s:
Laid off after about 3 months
All of the best games kept getting delayed
Summer heat nearly killed me

Xander
07-03-2004, 01:43 AM
This year has been great =)

Offline: Met Lindsey, got together with Lindsey, met Lindsey more, stayed with Lindsey, so lots of love love love love love =D!
Also got to do some paid website work. Yay.

Online: Became a Cid's Knight a few months ago, which I am still very happppay about. ^_^ And made good online friends like Baloki, PsyPsy and Ryeeee =D

Yup..I can't really think of anything bad that's happened. Oh and I turned 19 and had the best birthday EVER this year too which makes the year even better =D

Del Murder
07-03-2004, 01:54 AM
It's been decent. The best part is everyone I know is still alive.

Leeza
07-03-2004, 02:07 AM
I'd have to rate my year so far as a 4/10.

Yamaneko
07-03-2004, 02:28 AM
Every year is great for me. A ten out of ten. :)

eestlinc
07-03-2004, 03:10 AM
the only Mark I care about is Huculak.

Del Murder
07-03-2004, 04:16 AM
The A's have a lot of players named Mark. As well as a Marco.

Rainecloud
07-03-2004, 06:46 AM
My 2004 has been almost eventless, which for me is a good thing. Why? Well, it's better than bad things happening.

In terms of social activity, I've "Widened Out" in my new religious congregation. This has enabled me to make a couple of new friends, which I'm happy about. I'm also feeling a little less introverted, which must be a good thing.

That's about it, I guess. :/

Rusty
07-03-2004, 03:32 PM
5/10 so far...hopefully the rest of the year will be better.

Mr. Graves
07-03-2004, 03:47 PM
This year has been rather sub-par compared to 2003.

HOOTERS
07-03-2004, 04:57 PM
Well this year I realised I wanted to be a write instead of doing stupid nerdy programming and as well I got to experience living away from home and having to cook for myself so overall its been pretty good so far :smash: Next year will be the best though (tuning 21! :banana:)

Rye
07-03-2004, 05:14 PM
So far, it's been good. I've made a lot of new friends online. Offline, it's been pretty much the same as usual. 8/10

Jebus
07-03-2004, 05:16 PM
Well, I graduated. Other than that, this year has been much like every other year. And by that I mean incredibly boring.

Shoeberto
07-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Had some problems. On a scale of 1-10 I'd say A-OK.

Evelia
07-03-2004, 08:49 PM
It's been okay. Made some new friends offline, but my online life has suffered because of that. I miss meeting new people on the internet, although I did meet some old online friends in Berkeley a few months ago. My kitty got sick, and that's no good... um, my grades were decent I suppose. It's been slightly above average. 7/10 ;D

Miriel
07-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Let's see, graduated from high school, got accepted into USC - the school of my dreams, celebrated my 18th birthday with the bestest friends in the world, and went on my very first impromptu road trip.

So this year = Good times :)

nik0tine
07-04-2004, 12:07 AM
the year has been alright i guess...

Silmaril
07-04-2004, 02:53 PM
Horrible. First i was studying my head off now i'm drowning in boredom. my nine yr old cuzin has a more active social life. :mad:

SeeDRankLou
07-04-2004, 10:41 PM
This year has been an upward curve for me. It started off with my car having gotten flooded and not being able to find a new one, relationship troubles, a few health problems and me finding dead ends at my job. Since then, the relationships problems have ended (well because the relationship ended, but that's a good thing), I found this awesome car for really cheap, I finally got over being sick, one of the projects I was working on is done and trying to be published right now, and the other one is a few months away from being complete. Hopefully this year at least stays where it is and doesn't turn into a negative parabola and get bad at the end of the year. One can only hope.

black orb
07-05-2004, 04:23 AM
>>> 2004 sucked, but it could have been worse..

Raistlin
07-05-2004, 04:49 AM
tGA went vB this year, which instantly gives '04 a 10/10 rating.

RSL
07-05-2004, 05:10 AM
I'd rank this year, along with the past five years, a steady "blah".

Loony BoB
07-05-2004, 12:18 PM
A good, quiet year that has yet to realise it's true potential. Does not stand out. Could possibly work on bringing in new ideas and working on renewing now-old-ones. Needs to be more involved. Has shown improvements in both spelling and grammar, yet seems to lack general motivation. Hoping to see some overall improvements in the second half of the year. Could use some spark and energy. However, steady growth in extracurricular activities has been promising and I hope it continues.

B-

Polaris
07-05-2004, 12:20 PM
It has been a great years, lots iof friends, my own website, my first movie, my book in english!!!!!

This has been a short but fine year!

Mo-Nercy
07-05-2004, 02:49 PM
Death lurks at every corner!

My years been around a 6/10. Doing good in the subjects I like, got a uber-kewt girlfriend, almost Edge Master rank in Soul Calibur 2. On the downside, I missed out on getting my learner's license before the increase of learners hours from 50 to 100, I'm doing bad in the subjects I hate which I coincidentally the subjects I need to do good in, I'm pretty sure I've lose a speaker because I can only hear music coming out from behind one pile of paper but not the other.