PDA

View Full Version : How Can I Beat The Crawler and Negator in FFX? Please Help.

ALAN
07-03-2004, 10:50 AM
I need help on how to beat the Crawler and Negator from the Al Bhed that is in Lake Macalenia...can anyone please help? Thanks a lot, guys. :)

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-03-2004, 11:03 AM
Take out the negator with Wakka, when it charges up guard with an Aeon.

ALAN
07-03-2004, 11:17 AM
I've tried that so many times it's not even funny.

This is what i do:
Use Rikku and Grenades with RIkku
Then Use Kimarhi for overdrive Seed Cannon
Then use Wakka for element wheels
Negator is down
countdown
Then i use Yuna to summon Iixon
Ixion uses overdrive thor's hammer
Crawler hit's mana beam
Ixion down
Yuna summons Ifrit
Countdown
Ifrit used hellfire
Crawler hits
Ifrit hits blk magic fire
Mana beam
Auron hit's crawler
so does kimahri
so does Rikku using Grenades
Crawler uses Gun attack
Potions used on my characters
crawler hits me
I use wakka to take out the Negator
Negator down
Use Lulu to cast spells on Crawler
Countdown
Use Auron to attack
Use Kimahri to attack
Crawler hits me with Mana beam
My entire team is dead.

I've tried everything that i can, but i still cant do it...this is insane...i need more help...please, thanks.

Xander
07-03-2004, 11:36 AM
Here's some stuff from the strategy guide which may or may not help. I can't remember my own particular battle ^_^;;

"Use long-range weapons to defeat the bothersome Negator, since it prevents you from using spells and aeons. Once you've eliminated the Negator, you can use magic..as can your main opponent. His normal attacks and counter-attacks tend to be pretty harmless but he'll unleash his powerful Mana Beam after three rounds. You can prevent this by attacking first using a spell, preferably Thundara. If you use this tactic a new Negator will appear, which will once again prevent any magic being used.

If you are unable to prevent the Crawler using the Mana Beam, it would be wise to summon an aeon to intercept the considerable damage which will otherwise affect your entire party. Shield could prove useful in this situation as could Ixion's Overdrive attac. Don't eliminate Negator if your characters are strong enough to defeat the Crawler without magic".

Edit - Okay it seems like that's kinda what you've been trying...so..maybe you could go level up more, if you have a save before that fight, could give you the extra strength to defeat them quicker =)?

nik0tine
07-03-2004, 06:05 PM
i would level up. i barely remember this fight, so i cant give you much advice other than leveling up. also, try to economize damage as much as possible. if its yunas turn and you have to summon the aeon, but its still going to be some1's turn before he uses mana beam or whatever, take yuna out of the party for a strogner guy, have them attack, then put yuna back in on the otehr guys turn and summon the aeon. use all the little tiny advantages that you can.

DocFrance
07-03-2004, 06:18 PM
If you leave the Negator alive, the Crawler won't be able to use its Mana Beam.

If you managed to steal any Lightning Marbles from the Thunder Plains, customize some lightning weapons.

ALAN
07-04-2004, 01:27 AM
Hey Guys,

I have the strategy guide and even with it i have no chance...I've even had all of my party reach their overdrived before fighting the crawler and negator, and it still hasnt worked...if i try to power up my party, they easily get killed by the enemies in Macalania lake...i just dont know what to do...

oh yeah, and i started a new game in a different game save of course, and now i'm stuck on the Al Bhed machina when i'm crossing the moonflow on the shoopuff. all of my party is like this: Lulu skill level 30, Yuna Skill Level 29, Tidus Skill Level 29, Auron skill Level, 20, Kimarhi skill level 25, Wakka skill level 28. I need to use HASTE to defeat this enemy, but i cant on the Sphere Grid. What can i do to defeat this enemy as well? Please help, guys.

Thanks,
ALAN

Yuripa007
07-19-2004, 07:27 PM
Don't worry Alan you got farther than me. ^^ I didn't even get to summoning Ifrit ;____; I've been stuck on the crawler for the past two months. I'm going to try to use one of these tips in here.

ALAN
07-23-2004, 06:55 PM
Thats cool, i dont feel alone anymore, lol. I was beginning to wonder if i was the only person still stuck on X. lol, thanks, you made me feel better. :D oh and dont worry, we will pass it eventually.

xenapan
07-25-2004, 06:07 PM
0_o i dont even remember having a problem with them.. ignore the negator and DONT use your aeons and it will make it alot easier (IMO at least since thats the way i did it) then simply whack away at the crawler till it dies since mana beam is negated by the negator (thanks bud) rikku's albhed potions help quite a bit ;) use em. try to remember that aeons are relatively speaking... SLOW. your characters have skills like reflex and cheer. use them :P