PDA

View Full Version : Best moments in the game?

Lionx
07-03-2004, 08:16 PM
Just post one of your best moments you had at anytime during your play in FFXI.

http://img21.photobucket.com/albums/v63/Lionx/valkemp.jpg

Thanks to Episode of the Midgardsomror server for helping me camp the other end of the spawning area..without him i might have missed it ^^b

Mikztsu
07-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Wow, congrats for the hairpin!

My best moments are just random moments with random players maybe, but when I've felt accomplished has been times like when I got Utsusemi, Ninja job, sub job, Kazhaam Keys...stuff like that. :) Big drops are still ahead me, I hope...

Vaprice
07-04-2004, 01:04 AM
*my names Yahukuhu male tarutaru*

Oh and my bests moments so far are when I hit level 7...I could then fight large yagudo birds. And when I first understood the basics about the auction house in windurst...lol.

Citizen Bleys
07-04-2004, 09:55 AM
Either getting my subjob or discovering the Cabbage Run (Although that's a poor name for it because using cabbage is way slower and more expensive than Bohyada Moss)

I haven't got any advanced classes yet :(

Dante
07-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Hitting 33DRK was pretty big for me. Only because I took around a month and a half off of leveling at 32 to just farm, craft, explore, and help LS buddies with random stuff. And the fact that it's so hard to find a party in Kazham to get that last level before heading off to the Citadel

But my absolute greatest moment.....Definitely Garrison. My shell and I did Garrison for 9 hours. It was the most adreneline pumping, and awe inspiring thing in this game so far. I strongly encourage anyone who hasn't already enjoyed it to get an alliance (make sure you get an ENTIRE alliance, otherwise you make it harder than it needs to be) and experience the utter chaos that is Garrison.

Imperia
07-05-2004, 04:05 PM
I had a lot of great moments. One I can think of recently is when I had to get a bloody robe for the subjob quest, and I asked for help, and this Tarutaru helped me. At first, he asked for pay, but when I died in one of the battles, he felt bad and said I didn't have to pay (this was after I got the bloody robe). What a nice little guy. :)

Also, anytime a white mage comes up and heals me is always nice too.

Mikztsu
07-08-2004, 01:38 AM
Just wanted to come here add that today I started hunting leaping boots. I camped to F-8 of South Gustavsberg. Seen two of them, but was slower both times. Other one had dropped, other one didn't. I won't level or do anything else in this game before I get those boots.

Dante
07-08-2004, 01:06 PM
Well Mikztsu, I've camped Lizzy many MANY times. Even a few with a friend, who had THF at 16 for better drop rate. I used Ranger as sub so I could Wide Scan it. Worked quite well in regards to hunting it...But the drop rate is horrible! Let's just say I've killed it over 10 times, and haven't gained so much as a Lizard Tail. Not one drop. I'm not just talking Leaping Boots, I mean it hasn't dropped ANYTHING. I know a high level who says he keeps a notebook next to his PC to keep tally on his Lizzy hunting. Says he's killed Leaping Lizzy 37 times with no boots, I can't confirm how true that is, but he's an honest guy.On the opposite side, I had a LS buddy who's killed it 5 times, with boots dropping twice.

As for hunting it, I would say level THF to 15 and sub it (Assuming you're level 30 or over) Ranger is nice to use for Wide Scan, but not neccesary. By the time you Wide Scan, find it, then run to it someone else could have already grabbed it. If you're working with a friend it can work nice. Me and my hunting buddy developed a system, I would sit and spam Wide Scan, and yell either "N" "S" "E" or "W" to tell him on what side of the mossy rock it had spawned on, and he would rush over to it.

Another note, its spawn time is sometimes ridiculous. I've camped it for 6 hours with no spawn, just to have it spawn twice in five minutes. Good luck on getting them, I hope you have a little better luck than me lol.

Mikztsu
07-08-2004, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I'm just having a break for waiting it to spawn 3 hours and no drop. I'm not sure how long I can stand this, heh.

I'm using my lv31thf and I'm using warrior as sub because of 'voke. I think

Jalbrean
07-08-2004, 02:53 PM
Finally after numerous sessions I found Stray Mary and she was unclaimed. It had become a personal quest to find her. ;(

Sadly, she didn't drop Mary's Horn and there was much sadness.

chionos
07-13-2004, 06:29 AM
I recently hit lvl 20, and decided to head to jeuno to do chocobo quest and lvl in quifim. Everybody suggested i take along a couple buddies to get there, but i wanted to hoof it alone. Windy-->E.Saru.-->Canyon-->Mts.-->Champaign

Not all that great of an accomplishment, but i was relieved and exhilerated that i made it by myself past all those yagudo and skinks and gobs. It was scary but very very fun.

Now i'm in jeuno. =)
But i'm so broke. =(
But i have chocobo. =)

And leveling in quifm is lots of fun....cept for the dumb noob pts that try to fight giants, banshees, and weapons at lvls <20.