PDA

View Full Version : HD Loader for XBox

Erdrick Holmes
07-04-2004, 06:33 AM
I'm sure some of you have heard of the HD Loader for PS2 which allows you to save your PS2 games on your PS2 HD drive so they load faster. I wanna know if theirs something like that for XBox that I can buy. Any ideas?

Meow
07-04-2004, 06:39 AM
Yeah. A computer.

Erdrick Holmes
07-04-2004, 06:42 AM
No I mean save the games on the XBox HDD.

Baloki
07-04-2004, 09:54 AM
Well as that doesn't exsist for the PS2 unless the game is designed to install on the hard drive (currently only FF11) I doubt theres any highly efficent program that does it and makes the games work without chipping the console.

Save time and switch your X-Box to Linux, the penguin would be happy :D

o_O
07-04-2004, 10:26 AM
A somewhat dodgy choice would be a hacked version of the Xbox BIOS. There are bound to be a number of modchip outlets around your area, and there is a chip that will allow you to download entire games from the CD onto the HDD. It's somewhat controversial though, since you can just rent games and put them on your Xbox without buying them. And it voids your warranty. So make sure the person knows what they are doing. :p

Shoeberto
07-04-2004, 06:22 PM
If you really want to do this, find out your model number and head to www.modchipstore.com and either install it yourself or send it to them for installation. Once it's installed, put the EvoX dashboard on it, which has built-in game copying capabilities.

If you don't know anything about any of this and treasure your Xbox in any way, I'd recommend against any of this, as using any of these things has a pretty good chance of :love::love::love::love:ing up your system if you don't know what you're doing.

BatChao
07-05-2004, 04:06 AM
If you really want to do this, find out your model number and head to www.modchipstore.com and either install it yourself or send it to them for installation. Once it's installed, put the EvoX dashboard on it, which has built-in game copying capabilities.

If you don't know anything about any of this and treasure your Xbox in any way, I'd recommend against any of this, as using any of these things has a pretty good chance of :love::love::love::love:ing up your system if you don't know what you're doing.

Yea, I agree. X-box's load times are actually pretty good, too, so there's really no point in risking your system, and spending a bunch of money.