PDA

View Full Version : Did Square mean to? (SPOILERS!!)

MJN SEIFER
07-04-2004, 12:33 PM
Were all these roomers intentanally hinted by Square? You know? Like
GoGo being a different person in FF6, The R-U debate in FF8... Squall and Lagun being related in the same Game... Sephiroth switching win Jenova in FF7...

Or was it just OUR warped minds in action?

CloudySky
07-04-2004, 12:42 PM
Of course they've planed it, but their minds aren't evil, actually they are geniuses, lol.

Zifnab
07-04-2004, 12:55 PM
FFVI is a funny game like that. With Gogo it could be that they took something out that related to his past. Perhaps he was the imposter Ziegfried at some point during the original script? Who knows?

Squall and Laguna was a subtle plot twist, so that was intended by Square. With R=U, however, I'm not sure. I like to think it is, but I remember reading a letter from Square at some point saying that R does not equal U.

But, yeah. Square often hints at certain things, but doesn't go through with explaining it fully.

Cuchullain
07-04-2004, 03:07 PM
They definitely plan some of them; Squall/Laguna is a definite plan, they even have characters making HUGE statements that it's the case. Others are probably just people reading the stories in their own way, kinda like prose fiction.

Del Murder
07-04-2004, 07:28 PM
I think when people love a game so much they'll try to make connections that aren't there.

Cz
07-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Or sometimes they just make up wacko theories to sound smart. :D

Rand Al'Tor
07-06-2004, 12:15 AM
Or sometimes the hints were a bit TOO subtle...

sephiroth21
07-06-2004, 02:13 AM
or, maybe there warping are minds right know by making us think about it !!!......

zacks_clone
07-06-2004, 06:34 AM
or, maybe there warping are minds right know by making us think about it !!!......

Most likely.

Well, there are some things we can assume about a game just by playing it. Like Laguna and Squall for instantce. Nothing was ever said what their relationship was,but there was very big hints out there. But i think that once once gamer starts talking with another they come up with some insane stuff (R=U may just be one of the insane ideas). But ultimetly i think Square did intentionally put some of the rumers out there,but our warped minds created new ones:P

Wilder
08-04-2004, 06:54 AM
Well, nobody is gonna get out of my head that the Rinoa - Ultimecia is completly planned, they arenīt stupid, without the theory the story is filled with blank spots , and who wants that ?, Iīm still scared of see rinoaīs face turning Black , and all the clues left around, I Said that Squall Die inthis one when Isaw that Huge Ice stick in his heart and I was Shocked to see him again !, there just something between they planned and we imagine. Thatīs good, keep the link active, and donīt let die the game.