PDA

View Full Version : It's that time again...

Raistlin
07-06-2004, 04:08 AM
This isn't Bleys posting it this time, so I actually asked BoB beforehand if I could post this. :P

Anyway, have you ever asked the staff about a forum ORPG here and been turned down? Ever wondered why Bleys hasn't made another sad attempt at another EoFF ORPG that nobody else can understand? Well, here's the answer why: <a href="http://www.gamers-alliance.org/forums">the Gamer's Alliance ORPG</a>.

tGA has been an unnoficial affiliate with EoFF since they both started as EzBoards less than a month apart from each other a helluva long time ago(4 1/2 years?). Many well-known oldbies were a part of tGA for years, such as Sean, Unne, and BOU. Also, many other (former)members actually came here from tGA: Britt, Emerald Aeris, Princess Usa, and Not At All Reno. Currently, several illustrious EoFFers are members: Bleys(who is an admin), HOOTERs, Loony BoB, etc.

tGA also <i>used</i> to be in the Redirect Ring at the bottom of the forum index page. What the hell happened to it? >=o

Well, usually when we try and open another RP at tGA, it dies within 3-4 months. It's a vicious cycle. This time, myself and Yams worked to get tGA a better host and also a vB license! And Yams, Loony BoB, and The Man all worked hard the first couple of days on template work and copying the layout from the old IPB. Also, The Man said he would work on a brand new layout, and Spatvark said he would work on a new layout for the website - http://www.gamers-alliance.org . So kudos to them!

Now, the basic info:

tGA is a forum-based Online Role-Playing Game. Think of it more as a much larger version of an on-going, interactive fanfic. tGA is run by a Council, which at the moment consists of myself, Bleys, and Daven(who most of you probably don't know). Yams, BoB, and The Man are also admins at the moment, but they are working on the more technical issues of the forums itself and don't run the actual RPing.

The actual RPing won't start for a couple of days yet, so now is a great time to register and get to know everyone else. This upcoming plot will be loosely based off of the last tGA plot, but no background knowledge is necessary.

How you actually RP at tGA is discussed in the Crossroads forum <a href="http://www.gamers-alliance.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12">here</a>.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them here, or you can ask them at tGA!

Oh, and btw, if there's one reason to come to tGA, it's Hooters. Although you've already missed out on Bashkar.

Kirobaito
07-06-2004, 04:40 AM
I'm sorry, Raistlin. We don't allow advertising here at Eyes on Final Fantasy. Please limit that to your signatures.

*closes*

Edit: On second though, since you're so new around here, I'll let this one slide. You're still trying to learn EoFF.

*opens*

Raistlin
07-06-2004, 04:55 AM
xD I was actually somewhat worried about that(since I don't have quite the leeway Bleys does), so I asked BooBy beforehand. He said something like, "tGA was in the FAQ(dammit, I'll have to edit the FAQ), and we don't allow ORPGs anymore because of tGA."

Oh, and I hate you. >=o

But please come register. :love:

-N-
07-06-2004, 04:56 AM
Wow! KB must be a secret mod!

Kirobaito
07-06-2004, 05:06 AM
Damn, I'm found out.

*registers*

escobert
07-06-2004, 05:08 AM
But please come register. :love:
I did at one time but I'm too lazy to now...

Raistlin
07-06-2004, 05:11 AM
I did at one time but I'm too lazy to now...

>=o It doesn't take that much bloody effort, y'know. :rolleyes2

Dr Unne
07-06-2004, 05:22 AM
So far as its being "allowed", advertising tGA on EoFF is like advertising EoFF on EoFF.

Raistlin
07-06-2004, 05:37 AM
So far as its being "allowed", advertising tGA on EoFF is like advertising EoFF on EoFF.
Does that mean you'll come post, Unney? :love:

escobert
07-06-2004, 05:44 AM
My only problem with tGA is I don't have the time to post that often on there and most days I refuse to use that thing called and imagination.

Rainecloud
07-06-2004, 09:35 AM
Raist: Stick to Aiyon. :D

Raistlin
07-06-2004, 04:39 PM
Last time, Bleys and BoB got a lot of people from here to join. >=o

...yeah yeah. That was Bleys and BoB. ;_;

*feels inadequate*

Psychotic
07-06-2004, 07:36 PM
I registered at tGA twice. I got banned the first time. The second I have no idea. But Yams liked it.

SpiritWolf
07-06-2004, 07:44 PM
I'll go register

Raistlin
07-07-2004, 01:40 AM
I registered at tGA twice. I got banned the first time. The second I have no idea. But Yams liked it.
Who banned you? It sure as hell wasn't Bleys or myself.

Misfit
07-07-2004, 02:35 AM
Yeah ... omg me too! :D

Yamaneko
07-07-2004, 02:37 AM
What are you talking about? I don't like either of you.

Misfit
07-07-2004, 02:38 AM
Aww. :D!! *hugs Yams* SPREAD THE LOVE!

edit: lolz cooties.

Raistlin
07-07-2004, 03:05 AM
I guess Yams just went on a banning spree when the RP died. :rolleyes2

Leeza
07-07-2004, 03:17 AM
Oh, and btw, if there's one reason to come to tGA, it's Hooters.
You're using this as a selling point?! I mean, yes, HOOTERS has my undying love even though he dumped me because I didn't win enough Ciddies to suit his taste, but come on...list some real reasons as to why tGA is a place that everyone should rush out and join. :smash:

Dr Unne
07-07-2004, 03:21 AM
Does that mean you'll come post, Unney? :love:

No.

Raistlin
07-07-2004, 03:50 AM
You're using this as a selling point?! I mean, yes, HOOTERS has my undying love even though he dumped me because I didn't win enough Ciddies to suit his taste, but come on...list some real reasons as to why tGA is a place that everyone should rush out and join. :smash:
1. Because it's tGA. If you've been around EoFF long enough, that's enough of a reason right there.

2. Only cool people hang out there. It's smaller than EoFF, and since it's an RPing board, you actually have to be literate to post there.

3. It has The Pimp.

4. RPing with Hooters and krissy(Not At All Reno) is hilarious.

5. It's where "I can't believe it's not sand" came from.

6. Bleys has drawn out battles with pink bunnies from HELL

7. Bleys RPs homosexual bards who hit on my mage

8. BoB RPs a talking jaguar who's lived approximately 1,012 years

9. We change Yams's username every week or so if he doesn't RP.

10. Bashkar

No.
:(

It appears that I must renew my crusade to get Unne back at tGA!

Ouch!
07-07-2004, 04:09 AM
I think I'll check it out, though it'll probably be one of those things where I register and never post.

EDIT:Right... so uh, when does everything start?

Raistlin
07-07-2004, 04:42 AM
Whenever Bleys GETS THE HELL ONLINE so we can finish the Prologue.

I'm thinking tomorrow. Tomorrow night, if Bleys doesn't get on, I'll just finish everything myself.

eestlinc
07-07-2004, 04:57 AM
come to tGA because I am King of EoFF.

escobert
07-07-2004, 05:12 AM
You're still king? Damn.

Raistlin
07-07-2004, 05:28 AM
He is until Bleys takes him over, anyway.