PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man Aniversary Collection Music

Dingo Jellybean
07-06-2004, 04:42 AM
I'm sure many of you have the game, but has anyone heard the remixed tracks for Mega Man AC?

Personally, I love them. I can't get them out of my head. My personal favorite remixes is that "Start, Password" screen of MM3, Wily's 1st and 2nd stage in MM2, and Snake Man's stage in MM3.

I wasn't sure where to put this since there is no "General Gaming Music" forum...so I decided to post it here I guess.

Del Murder
07-06-2004, 06:01 AM
I think General Gaming is the best place. You've got yourself a tricky one here, DJ.

Lord Chainsaw
07-06-2004, 11:46 PM
I can't wait to hear all those remixed tracks.

I'm picking up the Collection this Friday. First thing I'm gonna do is pick Mega Man 3 and go straight to SPARK MAN. For the love of all that is holy his stage music better be remixed. His stage music isn't as cool as Flame Stag's, but it's pretty damn close.

I've also heard only the Playstation 2 version has the remixed music, so I would pick it up for that if I wasn't already doing so for the button scheme and the cartoon episodes.

Chzn8r
07-07-2004, 05:06 AM
I only unlocked one audio file... "Plantman". It was just a techno song with no relation to Plantman's stage. What the hell? Oh and there was a song called "Homage to Megaman". Again, what the hell?

When do I get to the actual remixes of the real levels, and will I ever be able to have them playing during the game or is it just in the bonus section?

Dingo Jellybean
07-07-2004, 06:41 AM
I only unlocked one audio file... "Plantman". It was just a techno song with no relation to Plantman's stage. What the hell? Oh and there was a song called "Homage to Megaman". Again, what the hell?

When do I get to the actual remixes of the real levels, and will I ever be able to have them playing during the game or is it just in the bonus section?

I'm not quite sure when because no gaming sites mention it, but I would assume you have to beat at least 2 MM games. I beat MM1 and MM7 before my music in the MM games were remixed during gameplay(some of them sound a bit orchestrated too), most of them anyways.

Lord Chainsaw
07-08-2004, 03:01 AM
I beat MM1 and MM7 before

Congratulations. Wily is one mean mofo in Mega Man 7.

Chzn8r
07-18-2004, 05:39 AM
Beat 2 games? Well shat, I beat 6 and am on my way to beating 2, 3, and 5. Let's see what happens.

Dingo Jellybean
07-18-2004, 07:08 AM
Beat 2 games? Well shat, I beat 6 and am on my way to beating 2, 3, and 5. Let's see what happens.

Scratch that. Turn on Navi mode on the Options menu...that'll turn on the remixed music. I had to find that out myself. So it wasn't 2 games...I just turned on the mode after 2 games...coincidentally.

Lord Chainsaw
07-18-2004, 06:28 PM
So Navi mode turns on the remixed music then? Good to know.

I was under the impression you had to beat a certain amount of games. I want to hear the remixed music so I guess I'll turn Navi mode on.

One question though: Does Navi mode interfere with the gameplay at all? I'm thinking it's gonna be annoying like Alia in Mega Man X5.

Dingo Jellybean
07-18-2004, 06:44 PM
So Navi mode turns on the remixed music then? Good to know.

I was under the impression you had to beat a certain amount of games. I want to hear the remixed music so I guess I'll turn Navi mode on.

One question though: Does Navi mode interfere with the gameplay at all? I'm thinking it's gonna be annoying like Alia in Mega Man X5.

Nah. It gives you in-game hints when you press-select and Eddie tells you which path to take in case there's a fork in the road. Also, the start menu interface is improved as it tells you which weapon is which. Mega Man's life bar is improved as it tells you how many lives Mega Man has left and also how many special weapons usage you have left when you switch to a new weapon.