PDA

View Full Version : Giga Guess' New Tat!

Giga Guess
07-06-2004, 05:55 AM
Like?

The symbols mean "Strength," "Courage," and "Birth" (roughly, I'd presume) in Kanji. Opinions?

Shlup
07-06-2004, 07:21 AM
Very nice.

I hate tatoos tho. :D

Zell's Fists of Fury
07-06-2004, 07:31 AM
How cliche.
I mean. Neat. :)

Shlup
07-06-2004, 07:38 AM
Its not that cliche. It has extra stuff.

One of my friends has his last name, a kanji, and a tribal thing. Now that's cliche.

Rainecloud
07-06-2004, 09:34 AM
I've always wanted a tattoo. You've made me jealous, now. :(

Very impressive, Giga Guess.

Burtsplurt
07-06-2004, 04:21 PM
Cool. I'd like to get a tatoo, if it wasn't for the pain and the fact that they're rather permanent. I'd probably change my mind a few days after getting one.

Did it hurt much, Giga Guess?

Rye
07-06-2004, 06:58 PM
Wow, that's really cool. Tattoos rock. :)

SpiritWolf
07-06-2004, 07:21 PM
Thats a pretty cool tatoo there Giga Guess

DoomAntenna
07-06-2004, 10:56 PM
How you'd normally say I love you (romantically) would be daisuki. If you want to be grammatically correct, "Watashi wa <person's name> ga daisuki desu" or short form would probably work with "<person's name> ga daisuki da" you could use anata or omae for the person's name if you want to, but Japanese people don't ordinarily use 'you' in conversation, they ordinarily just use the person's name. Oh, but make sure you add -san or -kun (for a boy) or -chan (for a girl) or its not polite. ... I'll not go into the other different things you can add to people's names here, as you then have to get into the Japanese social ranking system, which seems to be pretty complex. Anyhow, hope that helps:). And nifty tattoo by the way. I had a friend once who got a tattoo that the guy said meant 'immortal', but actually meant 'monkey.' Poor guy. Good thing you didn't fall into that trap!:)

Wizdumb
07-06-2004, 11:18 PM
I can sort of understand the last two sentences(maybe) but why the paragraph at the begining? I'm very tired and I'm not sure if I missed something.

Nice tattoo. I sorta would like to get one but I'm afraid of neddles. Plus my religion sorta frowns on it. I'm screwed either way.

Zell's Fists of Fury
07-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Seems he's trying to respond to two threads at the same time. Silly monkey!

Giga Guess
07-07-2004, 01:42 AM
Actually, not as cliche as one would think. The Dragon and Phoenix represent the dichotomy within me (VERY typical Aies Pisces cusp. Go with that.)

The symbols represent where I am now. Stronger, braver, and born anew.

And it didn't hurt too much. A cross between a mild burn, shock and pinch.

So the symbols are indeed accurate? Excellent.

Mr. Graves
07-07-2004, 04:02 AM
I'll never get tattooed.

I can't see the tattoo very well.

Ouch!
07-07-2004, 04:07 AM
The idea of making a permanant mark on my body like that scares me. I know that if I did it, I'd want to get it undone in about a month.

I like it though.

fire_of_avalon
07-07-2004, 04:30 AM
How you'd normally say I love you (romantically) would be daisuki. If you want to be grammatically correct, "Watashi wa <person's name> ga daisuki desu" or short form would probably work with "<person's name> ga daisuki da" you could use anata or omae for the person's name if you want to, but Japanese people don't ordinarily use 'you' in conversation, they ordinarily just use the person's name. Oh, but make sure you add -san or -kun (for a boy) or -chan (for a girl) or its not polite. ... I'll not go into the other different things you can add to people's names here, as you then have to get into the Japanese social ranking system, which seems to be pretty complex. Anyhow, hope that helps:). And nifty tattoo by the way. I had a friend once who got a tattoo that the guy said meant 'immortal', but actually meant 'monkey.' Poor guy. Good thing you didn't fall into that trap!:)

Alli done gone and lost her mindses!

eestlinc
07-07-2004, 04:50 AM
it's well done, which is pretty important in a tattoo.

Giga Guess
07-07-2004, 04:29 PM
Amen!

DoomAntenna
07-08-2004, 04:27 AM
grrr I swear it was one thread when I replied. No clue where its gone now. anyway.

Proxy
07-08-2004, 04:35 AM
Rather nice.
its a lil too busy tho.

Meat Puppet
07-08-2004, 05:07 AM
All I've got are homemade tattoos. Nice one. One day I hope to get a real tattoo, but it'll take time for me to decide, I'd want one that I wont be getting rid of in a hurry. (Like, apparently the removal operation is 100x more painful?)

Giga Guess
07-08-2004, 05:30 AM
'Sokay doom. We forgive you. This time.

BrittyGoesMow
07-08-2004, 05:46 AM
ehh. It's okay.
Maybe it's just the picture, but the idea isn't THAT original.
though it may be for you. ;)
I bet it's pretty in real life.

Giga Guess
07-10-2004, 03:06 AM
I think it is. Like I said earlier, each component is a little cliche, but altogether, it's...me.

And I think it looks real good.

Ichy
07-13-2004, 05:52 PM
Actually, there is a way that not too many people know which can be applied to remove tattoos. It's in fact only 5 or 6 times more painful, however it takes a really long time, like months. Simply put, you get it tattooed again, only instead of ink you use goat's milk, then you apply a goat's milk poultice instead of a standard bandage (or saran wrap or whatever your particular tattooist prefers to use). The goat's milk will suck the ink right out of you, the problem is that it takes 5 or 6 sittings to get it all out and you need to heal it up just like any fresh tattoo, so you're looking at 5 to 6 months.

As for the idea of tattoos in general, well, I literally can't turn around with my shirt off without showing off several on all sides. I've been in the happy chair about 28ish times now and have several pieces. I heal really well with Tattoo Goo and my natural recovery rate so I rarely need touch up work unless my shirt rubs too much at work.

Recently, about two weeks ago, I had a fresh 3 hour job done on my back, no breaks. Was lots of fun :)

Mikztsu
07-13-2004, 06:27 PM
I like it.

Giga Guess
07-14-2004, 12:06 AM
28 times, eh? Sweet!