PDA

View Full Version : Dillemma :cookie:

HOOTERS
07-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Today I went up to the shops to buy Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 for the PS2 but once I got up there I realised they were having a sale and gamecubes were considerably reduced in price, enough for me to contemplate getting one. Rather than buying it and smash bros melee instead of on the spur of the moment which I was gonna do I decided to wait and now I'm not sure what to get. Once I get a memory card and another controller to at least play two players with that would cost me at least $220, whereas Dark Alliance would be about $75 which is also on sale. :monster:

I've always hated the fact that I've missed out on the new nintendo games like melee but until I get a new job I'm going to be out of money for a while and that means no money for alcohol. :cry:

Anyway, what would you do in my situation? I think I'll probably just get dark alliance and maybe get a gamecube further down the track but the temptation to get one now is pretty high. :smash:

Leeza
07-06-2004, 06:16 PM
BGDA II is basically a 10 hour hack and slash game and I would not spend $75 on it. I got it for $20 and it's an okay game for $20, but I would not spend $75.

Get the Gamecube. :smash:

HOOTERS
07-06-2004, 06:28 PM
It's $75 Australian though, I don't know what that translates into Canadian.

I think I might get a gamecube now that you told me though. :smash: I'll just have to scab money off mum for beer. :beer:

Leeza
07-06-2004, 06:55 PM
$75 Canadian is $79.36 Australian.

Sounds like you've got a good plan. :)

EDIT: Sorry, I hope I didn't screw up your plans, but the BGDA that I have is 1, not 2. Although I heard that 2 isn't much different from 1. It is a good game, but I would still wait for the price to go down.

SpiritWolf
07-06-2004, 07:33 PM
I would say get the Gamecube and Super Smash Brothers Melee. Thats exactually what I did with all my Christmas money.