PDA

View Full Version : The Mail Man

Giggles
07-06-2004, 11:31 PM
My mail man is always late. Everyday! He's supossed to get our mail here around 2 pm, and it's usually around 3, 4, or 5. Getting my mail late really bothers me some days.

I have one mail man that's actually pretty good looking. But the other one is an old man who wobbles when he walks, and sometimes we have a woman who wears leg warmers, even if it's 80 degrees outside.

Is your mail man/woman late?
Do you ever see them?
Do they wear leg warmers?
What are your feelings about mail people and the fact that they get tons of time off because they work for the government?

Is your mail person plotting against you? Mine is.

Jebus
07-06-2004, 11:39 PM
I don't even know when the mail is supposed to arrive, let alone when it gets here

Do you ever see them?
Kinda hard when you take every opportunity possible to never leave the house

Not that I know of

What are your feelings about mail people and the fact that they get tons of time off because they work for the government?
I'd care alot less if they'd let me read other people's mail <_<

Meat Puppet
07-06-2004, 11:53 PM
Not always, but when they are I find myself nervous (possible terrorist mailman:D?)

Do you ever see them?
Once in a while I see the bike dude, but they usually come in a van.

Maybe if it's cold and/or their legs are incredibly mutated and deformed.

They work for the government?

Kirobaito
07-07-2004, 12:02 AM
Is there a time when they're supposed to be here? He's pretty consistent in getting here around 3:30.
Do you ever see them?
Yeah. He's a surfer dude. I suspect that he could be one of the Californian members of EoFF in disguise *eyes Shlup suspiciously*
Would they be a mailman without them?
Mail people are demon-lords.

Yamaneko
07-07-2004, 12:06 AM
He's always on time. The mail never is though.
Do you ever see them?
Almost everyday.
We don't need such contraptions here.
Hellllloo.... Newman!

Wizdumb
07-07-2004, 12:26 AM
He's never late.

Do you ever see them?
He tries to convers with me.

he wears these dinky little blue shorts all the time.

I could work for the Government.

RSL
07-07-2004, 12:35 AM
Is your mail man/woman late? - I don't know. I work until five and the mail is always here before that.

Do you ever see them? - No

Do they wear leg warmers? - I don't know, but I would guess no.

What are your feelings about mail people and the fact that they get tons of time off because they work for the government? - My grandpa used to be a mailman. I like my grandpa.

DocFrance
07-07-2004, 12:38 AM
The Postman Always Rings Twice.

Trumpet Thief
07-07-2004, 01:00 AM
Is your mail man/woman late?- I'm pretty sure he ain't, but it's not like I wait patiently for him to come, and become totally ecstatic when we arrives...

Do you ever see them- Well one time when I was heading downstairs, I saw a part of his hand which was slipping in the mail

Do they wear leg warmers? - It's not like I examine them, but I would guess not, and even if they did, I wouldn't really care

What are your feelings about mail people and the fact that they get tons of time off because they work for the government?- I don't care

Shoeberto
07-07-2004, 01:08 AM
Is your mail man/woman late? I didn't realize they were supposed to delliver at a specified time.

Do you ever see them? They drive a crappy old car with a cheap sign that says "US Postal Service" and that's about all I ever see.

Do they wear leg warmers? I don't know. They're in a car. Stop asking me questions.

What are your feelings about mail people and the fact that they get tons of time off because they work for the government? I wasn't joking around. Stop asking me questions.

Leeza
07-07-2004, 03:02 AM
<b>Is your mail man/woman late?</b>
Not really. It's a Rural Route and she usually comes between 8:30 and 9:30.
<b>Do you ever see them?</b>
Yes. If I have a parcel that's too big for the box, she'll call me to see if I'm home and then she'll come and drop it off so I wouldn't have to wait till the next day to get it.
<b>Do they wear leg warmers?</b>
Not this old lady.
<b>What are your feelings about mail people and the fact that they get tons of time off because they work for the government?</b>
I don't know how much time she gets off or even if she works for the government because she doesn't wear a uniform like the city mailpersons do. Her job is to deliver the rural mail in this area and she's probably off by noon. I don't think that she even gets paid by the hour so it doesn't matter to me. She does a good job.

Del Murder
07-07-2004, 03:21 AM
I did not know mail carriers were supposed to be at your house at a specific time.

Shlup
07-07-2004, 03:22 AM
My mail man is always late. The woman usually comes at a good time, but I can tell when the man is delivering because the mail doesn't come until around 4:00. It can be annoying.

I very rarely see either of them.

I live in Southern California, where leg warmers are not required to live.

Government jobs are a joke. I want one.

Ouch!
07-07-2004, 03:48 AM
I don't think there's a set time they're supposed to get to my house at.

Do you ever see them?
I used to see them when I was walking home from the bus stop, but since I moved into town, I've only ever seen the UPS man drop off a larger package.

I wouldn't know.

I think they get paid crap, so it doesn't really matter.

DMKA
07-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Is your mail man/woman late? I didn't know they could be. O__O

Do you ever see them? Nope.

Do they wear leg warmers? Okies don't even know what leg warmers are.

What are your feelings about mail people and the fact that they get tons of time off because they work for the government? It doesn't bother me...and I plan on working for them myself someday since they're so good without all that 'work'.

Is your mail person plotting against you? Well they're okies so...of course.

Polaris
07-07-2004, 12:09 PM
My mail man awalys put my letters in the wrong place!!!!!

It's a desgrace!

And then my neighboors knock at my door and say 'This was at my mail box'

Rye
07-07-2004, 12:59 PM
Is your mail man/woman late? No, not usually.
Do you ever see them? Uh-huh.
Do they wear leg warmers? Nope xD
What are your feelings about mail people and the fact that they get tons of time off because they work for the government? I don't think they get paid all that much, and they have to walk miles in crappy weather and all.

White Raven
07-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Never.

Do you ever see them?
Yep, cause my dog barks at them everytime they come here.

I've never seen 'em wear 'em.

"When you control the mail, you control information!"
http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/Seinfeld/newman.jpg

escobert
07-07-2004, 03:15 PM
Is your mail man/woman late? no usually comes around 11:30 am or so
Do you ever see them? yeah sometimes
Do they wear leg warmers? no
What are your feelings about mail people and the fact that they get tons of time off because they work for the government? I dunno my mom doesnt get tons of time off and she works for the government :mad:

Rainecloud
07-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Royal Mail (in the UK) don't guarantee a delivery time unless you use its "Next Day Delivery Service", in which case the item would be delivered by 12 noon. Our mail has been known to arrive between the hours of 7am - 5pm.

Do you ever see them?
Only when I'm taking the day off work.

In the UK, Postmen/Postwomen certainly don't get "tons of time off".

Logan
07-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Ours is usually a lady and she's nice and she knows which box is ours so if I go out there when she's doing it she just hands it to me. Nice lady!