PDA

View Full Version : Zemus [SPOILERS]

Lord Chainsaw
07-06-2004, 11:55 PM
A character I didn't quite catch a lot of development on in Final Fantasy IV was Zemus.

I've been through the game quite a few times, but I still can't quite figure out what his whole deal is.

Is he a Lunarian? Why was he evil? How did Zemus come into contact with Golbez? Are he and Zeromus the same character? If not, then who is Zeromus?

Some of this stuff might have been explained in the game. If so then I probably just don't remember, or didn't look hard enough.

Outsider
07-07-2004, 01:43 AM
It's full of spoilers, and I'm lazy.

Zemus is a Lunarian, but he hate the humans (I guess it has something to do with the destruction of his home planet, and the humans being inferior to the Lunarians), so he wanted to destroy the humans by releasing the Giant Of Bab-Il.

Zemus was controlling Golbez just like he was controlling Kain. I guess that he came in contact with Golbez because Golbez is son of KluYa, another lunarian.

Zeromus is not really Zemus, as far as I remember. Zeromus is the product of Zemus' hatred, the absolute dark something, or stuff like that.

Lamoq
07-07-2004, 06:01 AM
Thing I bothered to remember about him was that he was the last boss.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-08-2004, 08:46 PM
It's simple.
Is he a Lunarian?Yes.
Why was he evil?When they lost their homeworld, the Lunarians decided that they could populate the Blue Planet, but since it was already occupied by humans who had a quaint little civilization going for themselves, they decided the polite thing to do would be to sleep in the Lunar Subterrane until they had petered out. Zemus was just too stuck-up to wait millennia for the sake of what he deemed an inferior race, so he decided to speed up the process by forcibly wiping them out of existence.
How did Zemus come into contact with Golbez?
Golbeza was one of the only two earth people with any Lunarian blood in him. Zemus probably knew about them from tracking Kluya's progress on earth.
Unlike his brother, Golbeza also inherently had evil in his heart, making him a snap to manipulate.

Are he and Zeromus the same character? If not, then who is Zeromus?Basically, Zemus hated the humans so much that he reached the point where there was just nothing to him but hate anymore. He lost sight of his original purpose (allowing his people to go down to earth, remember) and changed his objective from "destroy humans" to "destroy everything." In this transition, he became Zeromus. Another way of saying it is that Zeromus is the manifestation of the hatred that grew in Zemus's heart.

Seryn Kai
07-31-2004, 05:00 PM
When they lost their homeworld, the Lunarians decided that they could populate the Blue Planet, but since it was already occupied by humans who had a quaint little civilization going for themselves, they decided the polite thing to do would be to sleep in the Lunar Subterrane until they had petered out.

I seem to remember that the Lunarians were planning to make contact with the humans when their civillization had advanced to the state that the Lunarians were, and co-exist with humanity, rather than wait for the humans to wipe themselves out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's just what I remember FuSoYa saying.

As for Zemus, I always thought that he was developed through Golbez.