PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos?

Giga Guess
07-07-2004, 01:46 AM
Kind of on a one track mind lately (See "Giga Guess' New Tat")

What are your opinions on them? Tacky? Overdone? Or masterpieces made flesh? Plans on getting any? Open discussion on this.

RSL
07-07-2004, 01:49 AM
My opinions? I don't really like them. Small tatoos in not very obvious areas are okay, I suppose. I don't think that a whole bunch of them or really big ones look that good. As for myself, I will never have one. Never had any interest in getting one.

Jebus
07-07-2004, 02:05 AM
I don't mind them. I always wanted to get a third eye tatooed on my forehead.

metCloud
07-07-2004, 02:27 AM
I like Tattoo's. My Pop (Grampa) has alot of 'em from Vietnam and he doesnt regret getting a single one....I think he does on some but he wont say it. I really dont like the Tribal, Kanji(SP?), or anything really colorful. I was gonna get one on my B-day a week ago but im still gonna think about what I want my first one to be. I dont really care about the whole...I might be a different person 5 years from now and these tats will be meaningless... Although im not that old to tell if I will be that way or not.

Kirobaito
07-07-2004, 02:28 AM
I've never liked tattoos. I just don't see the point in paying lots of money to get a permanent piece of art drawn onto your skin, that most of the time don't look very good.

Wizdumb
07-07-2004, 02:49 AM
I'm not a big fan of them. One small tattoo I can handle but anything more then one and larger then small I'll go insain. My girlfriend wants to get a tattoo when she's seventeen or eighteen. I laugh at her, smile, and say: "You think ya do, huh?" Then she pokes me in the side laughs and asks me what in the most inocent voice you've ever heard.

*sighs* Women and tattoos. . . .

SomethingBig
07-07-2004, 02:55 AM
I've never liked tattoos. I just don't see the point in paying lots of money to get a permanent piece of art drawn onto your skin, that most of the time don't look very good.

I agree. We should leave our bodies the way they are, unless you have some fatal disorder. There's also a risk of getting HIV/AIDS. If I wanted to see or show off a work of art done by someone else to my friends 24/7, then I'd ask a professional to paint or draw something on a piece of paper, then tape it to my body.

Shlup
07-07-2004, 03:24 AM
I think they're very tacky. I don't hold it against people who have tattoos, but I personally really don't like them.

BJ brings it up occasionally that he wants one. At first I was just kind of like "Well, if that's what you want..." because I know I can't really tell him what to do, but I can't stand the thought of it. I just plain tell him, "I love you, and I know I can't controll you, but I absolutely forbid it. FORBID!"

SomethingBig
07-07-2004, 03:28 AM
Yeesh, that looks damn painful, metro.

Mr. Graves
07-07-2004, 04:03 AM
I don't like tattoos. But then I already said so in the other thread.

eestlinc
07-07-2004, 04:47 AM
for some people it works well.

Rainecloud
07-07-2004, 07:58 AM
I've seen some great looking tattoos over the past few years, and I'd probably like to have one done myself. However, there's a few things that are stopping me; namely my parents (who would disapprove) and my conscience. I'd enjoy the tattoo for the first few weeks, and then I'd get tired of it and want to change it. And, of course, that would cost a lot of money!

I'm the type of person who becomes tired of things in only a short amount of time, so investing in a permanent tattoo wouldn't be my style. Having said all that, I have my eye on one at the moment...

Sess020
07-07-2004, 08:54 AM
I had a post kinda like this in the arts forum. Ive decided to get a tat of the "J" logo (Jecht FFX//My avatar :p ) Its gonna be small, about the size of a 50cent piece, maybe a wee bit bigger. Im going to get it carved into my shoulder, hidden away so it doesnt effect any future job oppertunities.
I dont think Ill regret it later on, even if I move on from FF, Its still a cool lookin design :rolleyes2

Rusty
07-07-2004, 02:37 PM
I love tattoos, I reckon they look awesome. So long as you only get a couple at the max, otherwise it looks tacky.

I do want to get a tattoo, of a butterfly with a design around it on my back when I'm 18 or 19. But if I do or not, thats another thing...:)

Mikztsu
07-07-2004, 02:47 PM
I have two tattoos and I like them. To me they have to have some meaning other than it just looks nice.

I probably wont take anymore tattoos though, and if I will they will be 'invisible' places as I wouldn't like to have too many of them.

Giga Guess
07-07-2004, 04:40 PM
Interesting turnout. I guess this dispels the "Get a tattoo! Everyone's getting one!" thing as most seem to dislike them. I guess it's not for the indecisive, huh?

Metro: That looks good. Hurt a lot?

Actually the risk of HIV/AIDS is nil to nary IF you ask questions. ENSURE theychange needles and cover the gun, as well as wear latex gloves.

escobert
07-07-2004, 04:48 PM
I dunno I might get one but liek others have said I would change my mind about it a month later.

Rye
07-07-2004, 05:44 PM
They look good sometimes. I hate tattoos that are for your loved one like some cheesy design and the persons name, though. I think small tattoos are cool, or ones that are unique. I always loved the flame tattoos on Chester of Linkin Park's wrists.

Kaos Nishiakari
07-07-2004, 06:47 PM
I really like tattoos. Some are incredibly awsome loking and some aren't though. I'm particuarly interested in tribal art :P I was thinking about getting a tattoo of an Ankh on my wrist. Though the pic is a little big.

Rainecloud
07-07-2004, 07:02 PM
*attaches image*

If I was going to have a tattoo done tomorrow, it would most definitely have to be this one.

(Note: The one on the left arm, not the Brahma Bull).

War Angel
07-07-2004, 07:34 PM
I think tattoos can look pretty cool, or horrible. The huge ones that are completely taste-less... bleh. But, small ones in certain areas are alright. A two-three inch symbol on your arm, back, etc... it's cool.

I don't think I'll have any tattoos done. Mainly, because they're permanent, and look terrible when you're old ( A wrinkly eagle on your dwindly arm? Not sexy).

Wizdumb
07-07-2004, 07:59 PM
Just think as your sitting in that chair as the guy is getting ready to poke you with ink. What wil this look like when I'm 75?

Logan
07-07-2004, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't get a tattoo. I don't like needles, and plus in a few years I would hate it and have to get it removed, and that hurts too. Plus it's expensive. >;0

Mikztsu
07-08-2004, 10:06 AM
Oh, and who cares what it looks like when you're something like 75 by the way.

Polaris
07-08-2004, 10:44 AM
I love tattoos, but when you have parents like mine, forget it wait until yo have 18! Sure I will!

Cloud_99
07-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Yeah I'd probably get a tatoo if I was 18. But I'm not so I'll wait. one or two small ones are fine but loads of them in really obvious places looks really bad and could affect any future career's I might have. :)

Bomber
07-09-2004, 03:03 AM
I don't like body art of any type. I won't do anything to my skin that will look all smudged and indecipherable 50 years down the road...

Thunday Man
07-09-2004, 03:05 AM
I dont like tatoos. They are vandalizing your body I think. Also they look really bad when your old.

kikimm
07-09-2004, 03:15 AM
If I was going to get one, it would have to be a small one on my ankle---possibly one of those hawaiin flowers. one or two very small ones don't bother me, but when people get their whole body done, or their entire back, it's a real turn-off. I like to see what's under all that, not a huge mess of black ink. yuck.

:D

Giga Guess
07-10-2004, 03:03 AM
Metro, you hit the nail on the head on all counts. Live for the now.