PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Room

Shlup
07-07-2004, 09:02 AM
This weekend one of my friends went to the emergency room because he broke his finger (he breaks easily), and TheAbominatrix went to the emergency room today because an alien planted his seed in her and the alien-human hybrid attempted to spawn from her innards today, but was calmed by vicoden.

When was the last time you went to the emergency room? I don't remember mine... I think it was in 9th grade, two days after I broke my leg and the swelling didn't go down.

Yamaneko
07-07-2004, 09:07 AM
When I had my appendix taken out in eighth grade. I don't go unless it's life or death. :D I hate hospitols

Mo-Nercy
07-07-2004, 09:19 AM
Never been. But I'm still young.

Nait
07-07-2004, 09:25 AM
I once cut my hand off with an axe.

Ok, not really, but I really wanted to raise the stakes.

Meat Puppet
07-07-2004, 09:39 AM
Personally I've never been, closest I've been was my friend going there on an OD. Party drugs, sheesh. Never pretending to be him again.

Rainecloud
07-07-2004, 09:47 AM
I visited the emergency room seven years ago, when I broke my arm.

I've not been since.

Polaris
07-07-2004, 10:18 AM
I never went to the emergency room!

War Angel
07-07-2004, 10:20 AM
2 weeks ago, dislocated shoulder.

DMKA
07-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Back in 9th grade when I got so sick that I couldn't move without extreme pain...turned out I was dehydradted and had a severe lack of potassium, so I had to stay in that god damn hospital for a week and have I.V. pumped into me the whole time...when I got out and went back to school all my friends were freaked out at "how pale I was".

EDIT: Damn wtf is with me and all the typos. O__O

Nait
07-07-2004, 10:39 AM
Back in 9th grade when I got so sick that I couldn't move withot extreme pin...turned out I was hydradted and had a severe lack of potassium, so I had to stay in that god damn hospital for a week and have IV pumped into me the whole time...when I got out and went back to school all my friends were freaked out at "how pale I was".

Devilmaykickass of Melnibone pale, or I To Not Trink... Vine pale? :D

Rye
07-07-2004, 12:57 PM
I've been to the emergency room once when my ear was really infected and was filled with blood. Blood was pouring out of it. I think that was the only time.

Big D
07-07-2004, 01:22 PM
In '96, I went to A&E (Accident and Emergency, what we call the Emergency Room) 'cause a piece of volcanic dust got lodged in my contact lense and had spent some time slicing a groove into my eyeball. Frickin' volcanoes, making life difficult...
So it was off to A&E late at night to find out just why my eye hurt so much.

Back when I was two years old, I broke my arm. Guess I went to A&E then, too, but I don't remember anything about it. Probably just as well.
However, I do faintly remember having the plaster cast buzz-sawed off my arm. I remember seriously not liking it, in a big way. I've been uncomfortable at the Rotorua Hospital ever since.

Rusty
07-07-2004, 02:30 PM
I've been in so many Emergency rooms in my life time. But not for me, for my mum, she has heart problems and had quite a number of heart attacks....

escobert
07-07-2004, 03:13 PM
A couple Halloweens ago I got into a fight with a kid and broke my hand while punching him. So I had to go to the emergency room to get a cast and all that good stuff.

Casey
07-07-2004, 04:58 PM
When my nose started bleeding and wouldnt stop after an hour, and I had my head tilted for nearly an hour. This was just recently to, Ive had 9 nose bleeds since june 22nd and I have a doctors appointment today with dr. loveless at 7:30 pm. :( Going to the hospital sucks!

Cz
07-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Two years ago, when my finger was shut in a car door.

escobert
07-07-2004, 05:01 PM
When my nose started bleeding and wouldnt stop after an hour, and I had my head tilted for nearly an hour. This was just recently to, Ive had 9 nose bleeds since june 22nd and I have a doctors appointment today with dr. loveless at 7:30 pm. :( Going to the hospital sucks!
When I sneeze I get bloody noses. I had one side fixed but the other hasn't been yet. Sometimes if I just slightly touch my nose it will bleed.

Casey
07-07-2004, 05:08 PM
When I sneeze I get bloody noses. I had one side fixed but the other hasn't been yet. Sometimes if I just slightly touch my nose it will bleed.

Yeah, Ive done my research. I think its a vitamin K defiancy, since most of the left nostrial is where I get the bleeding to, and sometimes its both. It could also be allergies to. An vitamin k comes mostly from greens to. gotta eat them greens.

Phil
07-07-2004, 05:38 PM
i broke meh collar bone once jumping on the bed..... man was I a dumb kid :D

fire_of_avalon
07-07-2004, 06:08 PM
I've never been to the Emergency Room for myself. I'm unbreakable! muahaha!

ChibiInuYasha
07-07-2004, 06:08 PM
About 3 or 4 months ago. Stomach infection, inflamed lymphnodes, and protein deficiancy!

eternalshiva
07-07-2004, 06:10 PM
umm, when my daughter was very ill :cry: not fun.

m4tt
07-07-2004, 06:20 PM
I went a few years ago when I got stung by a scorpion. My leg went numb, so my mom said to go. I sat in the waiting room for an hour, than sat on a bed in a big room for 2 1/2 more hours. By the time a doctor got to me, my leg was no longer numb and I was sent away after he felt me up a bit. Waste of time.

War Angel
07-07-2004, 07:38 PM
I've been to the emergency room once when my ear was really infected and was filled with blood. Blood was pouring out of it. I think that was the only time.
I hope you didn't kill the little alien that lived inside your brain?? :(

bennator
07-07-2004, 11:35 PM
When I was about 6, I went because I couldn't breathe. They stuck a tube into my lungs, and then I could breathe again.

Kirobaito
07-07-2004, 11:43 PM
I went about 15 months ago, but I don't like talking about it. I made a thread in EoEO about a year ago. It got pruned, though, methinks.

SeeDRankLou
07-08-2004, 12:07 AM
When I was 10 I suffered a very severe case of the flu. I woke up one night, I was convulsing and vomiting. I started having a seizure. I mom picked me up and I was burning up very badly. She cleaned me off and took my temperature. She looked at the progress of the thermometer, it was approaching 106 degrees. I don't know how high it actually was because my mom yanked the thermometer out of my mouth and rushed me to the hospital. Luckily I made it to the hospital alive and not in a car wreck, and I had to stay for two and a half days because my fever wouldn't go below 104 degrees for about 30 hours.

metCloud
07-08-2004, 12:12 AM
When I was 4, a really big lady broke my leg when she fell on it at a carnival. It was on one of those moonwalk things. Anyway I dont remember much about it and havent been to an ER since then. I go to the doctor when I break fingers(ive broken 5 fingers) and didnt go anywhere once when I broke my foot. I have a high tolerance for pain I guess. when I broke my fingers my doctor had to tell me because I couldnt tell...they just fealt tingly.

SpiritWolf
07-08-2004, 12:20 AM
When I was six although I forget exactually what for. I had about a 104 degree tempature and my side hurt excrutiatingly bad so they took me to the emergancy room thinking that I had some sort of disease although It turned out that I didn't. they still drew my blood though

Rye
07-08-2004, 01:08 AM
I hope you didn't kill the little alien that lived inside your brain?? :(

I don't think I did. xD I had swimmer's ear, so I was very prone to ear infections.

Erdrick Holmes
07-08-2004, 01:15 AM
I went to the emergency room when I broke my wrist in five different places.

Dr Unne
07-08-2004, 01:24 AM
Never been. I used to be rushed to my local doctor fairly frequently from what my parents said, on account of my not being able to breathe or something, but I don't remember it.

Del Murder
07-08-2004, 02:26 AM
My friend was haing wierd stomach problems so I went with her to the ER. Turns out it was nothing and she got better. I got a lot of homework done there.

fire_of_avalon
07-08-2004, 02:52 AM
One time my dad was using some kinda air compressor at work and it fell on his finger and crushed the stuffing out of it and he went to the clinic first and they started to fix it but they couldn't so he had to drive himself to the ER where they did emergency reconstructive surgery. But I wasn't there.

BrittyGoesMow
07-08-2004, 06:11 AM
ick. I think the emergency room is a neat place, i mean, not people getting hurt, but everyone working so hard to save someone else.
It's just a spirit thing I suppose.
and dang it, I love broken bone stories.

War Angel
07-08-2004, 10:03 AM
I had swimmer's ear, so I was very prone to ear infections.
You drowned it, too?! How would YOU feel if someone submerged YOUR house, huh?! :mad2: