PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned

Rye
07-07-2004, 05:40 PM
I was at the pet store just before and they had this poor Guinea Pig there. It was found abandoned right infront of the pet store this morning. On the sign it said that it was for free and that it was old and needed a good home. It had tumors and it's fur was matted and it looked so sad. My family couldn't take it in unfortunatly, but it was broke my heart leaving it.

Did you ever see an abandoned animal? Did you take it in?

Shlup
07-07-2004, 05:43 PM
My mom's cat was left in her house when her old family moved away. She was stuck in the empty house for at least two weeks, and was almost dead when she was found. Now she eats like a pig so she's all fat, and she's afraid of coming in the house. Whenever she comes in the house she almost always just hides under my mom's desk. She's also afraid of males, which probably means her owner abused her.

My cat's a random stray cat Ashley picked up from her yard or something. Ashley lives in places where cats own the world. She has, what... 8 cats now?

fire_of_avalon
07-07-2004, 06:04 PM
All of the pets we've ever had are strays we've taken in. I refuse to get animals from pet stores... I don't even like looking in them cause the animals are so sad.

eternalshiva
07-07-2004, 06:09 PM
Ash is my hero! I have two cats and they rule the house, they even have control over our dog Nova ;p I've never taken in an animal but I have brought them to the SPCA :cry: it is sad to see abandonned animals.

Breine
07-07-2004, 08:05 PM
No, I don't think I have. And thank God for that, becaue I just know that if I one day see one it would be so unbearable for me. I can't take it when animals aren't treated right! I hate it! It just makes me so mad :mad2:

Kirobaito
07-07-2004, 08:05 PM
My sister's dog was abandoned. It wasn't starving or anything, though. It could have just been a runaway. I dunno. @_@ We got mine from the humane society.