PDA

View Full Version : Old Nintendo Cartoons

Lord Chainsaw
07-09-2004, 01:47 AM
I don't really know where to put this thread. It was really a toss up between general gaming and the lounge, and I figured I'd get a better response among gamers.

Does anyone remember the old Nintendo Cartoons? Those were something, I tell ya. I recently went back and saw a Captain N episode where Kevin and the team went to a place called "Dragon's Den" in the world of Dragon Warrior. Now I recall no such place as "Dragon's Den" in Dragon Warrior (DragonLord's castle is actually called Charlock) but it was still pretty cool.

They had DragonLord. He was a big fat red dragon. Kevin had to fight the Axe Knight from Hauksness (remember him? The big black knight in the poisoned town?) and got the weapons he needed to defeat DragonLord. They were of course, the Flame Sword and the Silver Shield.

The episode ended with Simon throwing an evil charm on DragonLord and having him get chased out of his kingdom by his pet dragon. It brought back so many memories.

Now there were some other shows too. The Super Mario Brothers Super Show and the Zelda Cartoon. I liked them too, but I enjoyed Captain N more.

Of these old cartoons, which was your favorite? What were your favorite episodes?

If you want to see the old episodes of the Super Show and the Zelda Cartoon, then go to http://tv.yahooligans.yahoo.com/

They just don't make shows like they used to. There ain't nothing on nowadays that can come close to to those old NES shows. Sure, they were cheesy, but they were damn fun to watch.

SomethingBig
07-09-2004, 01:54 AM
Holy poo! I still have an episode of Captain N and the Super Mario Bros. cartoon on tape! The episode of Captain N that I have had Mother Brain in it. I used to think that Kid Icarus was Megaman.

SpiritWolf
07-09-2004, 05:27 AM
I had never seen any of them before but I just watched one of the mario episodes and I liked it. I'm going to go see if I can find any of the other shows that you mentioned Lord Chainsaw

crono_logical
07-09-2004, 06:22 AM
Do the Mario! :monster:

fire_of_avalon
07-09-2004, 06:34 AM
For Chirstmas, my boyfriend got me the whole Zelda series. Nerd love rocks :)

Rainecloud
07-09-2004, 10:52 AM
The Zelda cartoon was embarassing. I seem to remember Link attempting to kiss Zelda for the entire episode, only to fail miserably.

Bad memories...

Erdrick the Hero
07-09-2004, 11:13 AM
Well excuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me Princess!
thank you Link for making the coolest video game hero sound like a complete tard. i really hope they never give him a voice like they did mario. cuz, "its a me, MARIO!" made me want to smack mario upside the head.

Lord Chainsaw
07-09-2004, 11:36 PM
What I liked about the Zelda cartoon was that Link was such an incredible jerk.

TasteyPies
07-10-2004, 12:49 AM
I didn't think Link was an immature punk, exagerated his own exploits and complained so much.

As for Mario....WOW i remember thaT! i still have an old tape of one of the episodes...doesn't work but still..i think it was an episode where the went to a desert place.

Avalon_Beouvle07
07-10-2004, 04:59 PM
Link was stuck up and conceited? Wow, I never knew they made him like that....good thing i never watched the show. I remember the mario bros. cartoon very well though. There was this one theme song they did when mario and luigi were going down some tubes after being sucked down the drain....DO THE MARIO!

Giga Guess
07-10-2004, 07:54 PM
I forgot all about those! I used to watch them all the time! Ahhh...good times.

Lionx
07-11-2004, 03:57 AM
I was just watching these again the other day, and damn reminds me of alot of old memories, the commercials, and how cheesy things were. XD Link rocked.

I saved you again Princess! Kiss me..!

*smacks* No! XD

EDIT: THe site doesnt load all the way..it goes initializing 40% and stays there...help? ;-; i want to watch my oldie days..

HOOTERS
07-11-2004, 05:02 PM
Ooh, the new adventures of madeline! :banana:

Black Mage
07-12-2004, 01:34 AM
I didn't think Link was an immature punk, exagerated his own exploits and complained so much.

As for Mario....WOW i remember thaT! i still have an old tape of one of the episodes...doesn't work but still..i think it was an episode where the went to a desert place.

The Great BMX Race, perhaps? Because that's one great episode.

Anyways, I grew up with those cartoons, The Super Mario Brothers Super Show Mon-Thurs, and the Zelda Cartoon with Captain N on Friday.

Man, those were great times. Though, Super Mario Bros. 3 was good, as well. And there was Super Mario World (Also the merging of SMB:SS and SMW into Super Mario Allstars).

They were great, and you're right, they don't make shows like those anymore. It's a damn shame.

Trumpet Thief
07-12-2004, 01:57 AM
I thought the old MArio cartoons were okay. I still have an old episode on tape of "The Moblins are Revolting" of the old Zelda cartoons. Link was too obsessed with Zelda though.

Psychotic
07-12-2004, 03:38 AM
I think I remember the Mario one. It had those weird green...kooba(?) things being pretty stupid in them. Plus Mario totally wanted that Princess chick. And I have suspicions about the mushroom guy (I have no idea what his name is. Let's say it's...Mushroom Tim) being gay.

Ooh, the new adventures of madeline! :banana:

MY GOD THAT WAS ON JUST AFTER MARIO! Y'know, that cartoon was a bit dodgy. An old French woman keeps all these little girls in her care for no obvious reason. Hmm. Hmmmmm.

Rase
07-13-2004, 07:48 PM
I used to watch the Super Mario Bros Allstars cartoon. That's it.

Ouch!
07-13-2004, 08:02 PM
I remember watching the Mario show, but all I can remember from it was the credits.

I started watching the Legend of Zelda one they had there, like everyone else said, they ruined Link. I turned it off a minute into it.

King Counter
07-14-2004, 12:47 AM
Hey Paesanos! It's the Super Mario Brothers SUPER SHOW!
I know *I* was hooked on the brothers...

Erdrick Holmes
07-14-2004, 01:29 AM
I wanted to hit the people who made Captain N. They made Megaman sound like a 90 year old chain smoker with tumberculosis.

Lord Chainsaw
07-14-2004, 03:01 AM
Not to mention they made Simon, the second most bad-ass of the Belmonts into a big dumb comedic buffoon.