PDA

View Full Version : Lame...Look if you're bored...

Chris
07-09-2004, 02:42 PM
Okay, If you could choose a movie cast to play the characters of Final Fantasy VII, then who would it be?

Here's my choice:

Cloud: - Hayden Christensen.
Tifa: - Jennifer Garner.
Aeris: - Christina Ricci.
Yuffie: - Ming-Na.
Vincent: - Hugh Jackman.
Cid: - Viggo Mortensen.
Barret: - Grace Jones, "YES! GRACE JONES"
Sephiroth: - Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa

Who would you choose?

zacks_clone
07-09-2004, 02:44 PM
you know,i think we have had tons of these things before:P

Viggo Mortensen as Cid?!No way! Why would you cast him as Cid?

Chris
07-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Yeah I know...I was just so bored...as to Viggo I think he would be an interesting accommodation to the specific occasion.

remi07
07-09-2004, 06:07 PM
I think Bruce Willis or Mel Gibson would be a better Cid

Erdrick Holmes
07-09-2004, 07:05 PM
I'd make Gilford Godfry be Sephiroth.

Cuchullain
07-09-2004, 07:23 PM
For Sephiroth, gotta be Christopher Lambert. Yuffie would be... probably Winona Ryder. Can't think who for anything else, although maybe a drunk Ian McKellan for Cid.

BG-57
07-10-2004, 04:16 AM
The Green Mile? Michael Duncan Clark I think.

Personally I think Denis Leary would be an inspired chocie for Cid. I always think of Cid when I listen to his routines. :D

I'd like to see Ralph Fiennes as Vincent. He's great at playing moody, tormented types.

I doubt there'll be a live action FFVII movie but maybe they'll hire some of our choices to do voice acting for Advent Children. Here's hoping.

Big D
07-10-2004, 05:51 AM
Yuffie = Zhang Ziyi. No contest.

Labyrinth-era David Bowie would make a great Sephiroth, with appropriate make-up of course.

-N-
07-10-2004, 06:33 AM
Vincent = Sean Penn.
Cid = Robert Redford.
Rude = Ving Rhames.
Rufus = Hugo Weaving.

Maybe I'll think of more later.

edit: Palmer = Joe Pesci

HanaKirei
07-10-2004, 03:32 PM
I agree with Hugh Jackman as Vincent. *fangirlfangirlfangirlfangirl* Also like the idea of Denis Leary as Cid. ^^

Shoeberto
07-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Dennis Leary would be a good choice, but I think he'd have to be made up to look older. He doesn't have the old, gruff look that Cid has.

SomethingBig
07-10-2004, 07:01 PM
Lance Bass would make the perfect Sephiroth. Same for Mandy Moore as Aerith. And David Boreanaz as Squall, who isn't in FFVIII. And Steve Burton as Cloud. And Christy Carlson Romano as Yuffie.

zacks_clone
07-11-2004, 04:29 AM
I agree with Hugh Jackman as Vincent. *fangirlfangirlfangirlfangirl* Also like the idea of Denis Leary as Cid. ^^

I think hes built wrong to be a decent Vincent.But then again,I cant think of an actor who could play him.not yet-.-;;

UltimateSpamGrover
07-11-2004, 04:36 AM
Bob Saget as Vincent LOL

Freya Coral
07-15-2004, 05:24 AM
Out of boredom, last year I made up an entire cast list for FF7. :D Here's who I picture:

Cloud: Orlando Bloom
Barret: Michael Clarke Duncan
Tifa: Jessica Alba
Aeris: Natalie Portman
Red XIII: voiced by Val Kilmer
Cait Sith: voiced by Benjamin Bratt
Vincent: Johnny Depp
Cid: Kiefer Sutherland
Yuffie: Mandy Moore
Sephiroth: James Marsters (Spike from Buffy)
President Shinra: Brian Doyle-Murray (Noah Vanderhoff from Wayne's World)
Rufus: Leo DiCaprio
Heidegger: John Rhys-Davies
Scarlet: Michelle Pfeiffer
Reeve: Benjamin Bratt
Palmer: Danny DeVito
Reno: Eminem
Rude: Vin Diesel
Tseng: Rick Yune (the Asian guy from The Fast and the Furious)
Elena: Brittany Murphy
Don Corneo: Rodney Dangerfield :D
Shera: Sandra Bullock
Bugenhagen: Mr. Miyagi from Karate Kid)
Lucretia: Kate Beckinsale

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
07-15-2004, 08:34 AM
Arnie or stallone for Don in the battle Arena

Dido-Elena

ForeverZeroUltima
07-15-2004, 07:37 PM
Eminem to play Reno? HELL NO!

-N-
07-16-2004, 03:32 AM
Freya, I'd probably put Leo as Reno instead of Rufus, although I see your thinking. Eminem... no. Maybe The Rock as Rude - same thing, essentially. Ving Rhames > all, though.

omnislasher
07-16-2004, 04:41 AM
johnny depp as vincent, yes. I've thought that for so long, I'm glad someone said it. and mandy moore would be perfect for aeris, the sweet flower girl. winona rider, yuffie, definately. bruce willis, cid. dennis leary could play that bastard, rufus. but I think it would be nearly impossible to find a good cloud or sephiroth. I actually thought of leo dicaprio as cloud at one time though. and o yea, the little floating purple guys in the temple of the ancients could be played by the little floating purple guy from the old he-man cartoon. ;)

omnislasher
07-16-2004, 04:45 AM
man o man. if this could ever be done in a series of movies, then it would be even better than the lord of the rings trilogy or anything like that. but none of the actors we chose would do it. if only they understood how much of a success it would be and if they understood the fan base and how many people would go see it. but of course, they wont.

...bastards

-N-
07-16-2004, 05:42 AM
Double posting is good for you.

Freya Coral
07-17-2004, 03:08 AM
man o man. if this could ever be done in a series of movies, then it would be even better than the lord of the rings trilogy or anything like that. but none of the actors we chose would do it. if only they understood how much of a success it would be and if they understood the fan base and how many people would go see it. but of course, they wont.

...bastards

I doubt that it would actually work as a live-action movie. It's a cool idea in theory, but in practice it would probably be a flop. (After TSW, I have little faith in Square's movies.)

Although if someone like Peter Jackson directed, it might work out. :D

P.S. Denis Leary is WAY too old to play Rufus! He's 47, and Rufus is about the same age as Cloud and company (maybe a little older).

Rostum
07-17-2004, 06:17 AM
Johnny Depp defenatly as Vincent.

DJZen
07-17-2004, 06:35 AM
Heidegger - Me

I was SO born for this role! Just click my bair back and give me a fake scar, I look more like him than ANY actor in Hollywood!

No, I'm not kidding.

UltimaLimit
07-18-2004, 07:48 AM
Vincent: Johnny Depp
Johnny Depp would make a good Vincent... I say put 50 Cent as Barret just to see what happens. (If he screws it up you could always shoot him (again)... shooting the guy who plays the man w/ a gun grafted on his arm is kinda wrong but it's funny.) And she's not an actress, but I know a girl who looks kinda like Tifa. About the same height and size (chestwise and otherwise). Not a boxer, though... As for Cloud, I dunno. Nobody I know has hooves for hands.

Flashback007
07-18-2004, 08:52 PM
This list is copied from the post of Freya Coral, somethings I agree so they still stand there. But some things are changed.

Cloud: Hugh Jackman
Barret: Michael Clarke Duncan (Yep, no doubt)
Tifa: (I have absoluty have no idea, but Jessica Alba is no good choice)
Aeris: Cameron Diaz
Red XIII: voice from Sir Anthony Hopkins
Cait Sith: voice from Jimmy Carrey
Vincent: Johnny Depp (Very, very good choice)
Cid: Kiefer Sutherland (good choice, but I'm not sure)
Yuffie: Mandy Moore (Who???)
Sephiroth: Christopher Lee
Rufus: Christopher Walken
Heidegger: John Rhys-Davies
Scarlet: Nicole Kidman
Reeve: Nicolas Cage
Palmer: Danny DeVito
Reno: ???, I dunno
Rude: Vin Diesel (Also a very good choice)
Tseng: ??? =, maybe Jackie Chan
Don Corneo: Jack Nicholson

Ryth
07-18-2004, 11:07 PM
Hi this is my first post!!

Cloud: Orlando Bloom (exactly what I was thinking Freya Coral)
Barret: I'd say Mr. T but I don't think he'd do a movie so Michael Clarke Duncan
Tifa:Angelina Jolie
Aeris: Cameron Diaz, Mandy Moore, or maybe Jennifer Aniston MAYBE though
Red XIII: the guy who did Puss in Boots in Shrek 2 (Antonio Banderazs? (sp?))
Cait Sith: Jim Carry(?)
Vincent: Viggo Mortensen
Cid: Kiefer Sutherland
Yuffie: no idea at all
Sephiroth: I have a list no specific order
1. Keanu Reeves (I have no idea why I picked him but I did)
2.James Marsters
3. Lance Bass

-N-
07-19-2004, 08:18 AM
I definitely would have to disagree with Cameron Diaz playing any semi-serious role such as Aeris's.

LH
07-19-2004, 06:07 PM
I thought of these few last night while playing FFVII. Reading the first few posts in this thread made me think of it.

Barret: Ving Rhames. (Perfect. But if only Mr. T was younger...)
Reno: Johnny Depp. (He'd be a good Vincent but I think a better Reno.)
Rude: Vin Diesel.
Tifa: Katie Holmes.
Lucrecia: Kate Beckinsale.
Cid: Colin Farrell.
Yuffie: Jamie Lynn Spears.
Cloud: Orlando Bloom. (I'm surprised how many other people thought this too!)
Tseng: Jet Li.

Flashback007
07-20-2004, 10:22 AM
I have to change some things:

Tifa: Angelina Jolie
Heidegger: DJzen (If he really looks so lot a like him, let him show it in a movie)

GhandiOwnsYou
07-22-2004, 04:19 AM
Come on, Shame on all of you. Michael Clark Duncan BOWS before Ving rhames as Barret. Duncans all "look i'm so tender but large". Ving will beat your ass, put the remainder in a football, punt it into a meat grinder, and pee on the remains. Ving. OWNS. and Props to the guy who said jessica alba for tifa. ownage. I want that british dude from buffy to voice Red, and i think Spike would make a rather nice Turk. (i hate buffy, only coincidence that those two are on it)

Wilder
08-04-2004, 06:08 PM
I´m gonna Suggest : Cloud : Dicaprio, Tifa : Liv Tyler, Aeris : Natalie portman, Vincent : Jhony Deep , sephiroth : himself.

zacks_clone
08-04-2004, 06:22 PM
I´m gonna Suggest : Cloud : Dicaprio, Tifa : Liv Tyler, Aeris : Natalie portman, Vincent : Jhony Deep , sephiroth : himself.

Woot!Depp at vincent!I think I can agree with that...Dicaprio as Cloud...Im not sure about that one...