PDA

View Full Version : Half Life?

Zidane_2006
07-09-2004, 05:53 PM
hello everybody,

I heard about this game a lil' while ago, and it sounded interesting. If somebody hear can tell me a lil bit about the game n' stuff, id greatly appreciate it :) (Im planning to buy it along with the expansion packs). Also can anyone tell me if Half Life can go online to play with other people, and if so, do you have to pay a fee for it? thanks a lot for all of the help.

your friend,
Zidane_2006

nik0tine
07-09-2004, 06:30 PM
buy it. im not much into computer games, but this one is a different story. buy this game. and yes it can go online, and it has plenty of mods to keep you busy.

metCloud
07-09-2004, 06:46 PM
Its definetly fun... I got it but got burnt out after a while and picked up UT2003 and been sticking to that and 2K4 since, but some people thats all they play because its so damn fun to them. I havent played in a while but I here there is a big cheater problem(someone correct me if im wrong :confused: ). You definetly wont have a problem not findng a server either, there are a ton. I got my complete set for $30 I think, although I dont play anymore it was worth it for the time I did.

Casey
07-09-2004, 07:35 PM
It can go online and what not. Im not going to buy it since half life 2 is coming out soon. An if you like FPS, try Far Cry and Battle Field: Vietnam. Those are some good ones. And some unreal tournament is good.

I here there is a big cheater problem(someone correct me if im wrong

On ut2k4, yeah. Thats why almost every server has ANTI CHEAT codes written on the server code. But very few people have modified there packages, and anybody that cheats will get there CD KEY banned. Theres only been less then handfull of people so far, that can get mulipe cd keys by violating the UTAN system. :mad: I hate those cheaters!

Zidane_2006
07-09-2004, 08:51 PM
thanks a lot for all of the replies, but can anyone tell me that do you have to pay to play online for half life ? thanks a lot :)

your friend,
Zidane_2006

Shoyku
07-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Half-Life, while being around five years old, is still a fantastic game. First of all, you start off as a scientist named Gordon Freeman, and it's a regular day around Black Mesa. You start up an experiment with your fellow scientists, and it all goes horribly wrong...

The Opposing Forces expansion pack has you playing through the game at the same time as Half-Life is taking place, except this time instead of being Gordon Freeman, you play as Adrian Shepard, an enemy. Blue Shift has you playing as Barney, a security guard.

The multiplayer is fantastic, it has a huge community. There are literally THOUSANDS of servers going on simultaneously at all times. The mods you can play are very numerous, and a popular one being Counter-Strike (one of the most played things on the internet). Also, multiplayer doesn't charge you anything-- it's completely free.

Have fun, you'll have a great time.

Yrkoon
07-09-2004, 11:23 PM
u shoudl really buy it :) its a brilliant single player game and multi player is very good as well especially the counter strike mod :)

Zidane_2006
07-10-2004, 12:44 AM
thanks a lot for all of the replies :)

can anyone tell me where there is a good website for me to update my "Half Life" and "Counter-Strike"? Since all of the places the update toolbar gives me are deleted pages, or that do not work. So if anyone here would be kind enough to tell me what website can i get Updates for Half Life and Counter-Strike, id greatly appreciate it :)

P.S- also can anyone tell me where there is a good forum site for this game, as well as a good website about it? thanks :)

your friend,
Zidane_2006

Shoyku
07-10-2004, 01:55 AM
http://www.3dgamers.com/ is a good site that allows you to download patches and such without waiting in long lines, unlike FilePlanet.

Zidane_2006
07-10-2004, 02:46 AM
thanks a lof for the help shoyku :) and to everyone else that replied, i appreciate it, thanks to you guys i just bought Half Life, and I am having such a good time with it :)

Shoeberto
07-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Half-Life, while being around five years old, is still a fantastic game.
Try six years, which makes it even more amazing how well it stands up.

Graphics are definately dated, but if you can look past it at the sheer variety of gameplay styles, you'll have a great time. I've never played it in multiplayer, but I've heard it's great fun. Plus the free Counter Strike mod/expansion is prettymuch the number 1 online mulitplayer game in the world, so that's saying something.