PDA

View Full Version : Onrac FF1

Martyr
07-10-2004, 05:36 AM
Where in the game do we get this name?
I've read about it online and such, and it took me the freaking longest time to figure out that the sea shrine town had a name and that name is Onrac. Who ever tells anybody that? I never talked to anybody who referred to the town as Onrac.

Also, does the Mirage Desert have another name? Or is there a name of another desert that starts with an "s" or something??

Not that any of this matters, but, I figure if anybody knows more about FF1 than I do, then it may be ya'll. And therefore, y'all might be able to answer bizarre overkill trivia crap like this.

Bahamut2000X
07-10-2004, 05:41 AM
It was probally the name given on the map that comes with the original NES game. I would check my map but it's in several peices scattered over Ohio everywhere (and by everywhere I mean 2 places)

Martyr
07-10-2004, 05:58 AM
Good guess. It's been a long time since I saw that map. Maybe upwards of 10 years since it was intact. Wow. But okay, thanks.

Any ideas about obscure names of other places on the map? Specifically the desert, which I'm damn sure has a name, but I can't be sure without reference.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-10-2004, 06:34 AM
The only deserts with legitimate names are the Ryukahn Desert, where you get the airship, and the Yahnikurm Desert, where the Mirage Tower is. In Origins, they're called Lykion and Yanikulum, respectively.

desh
07-10-2004, 05:16 PM
I'm sure the Nintendo Power Final Fantasy Guide has names for all that stuff. Too bad my copy is in Seattle and I'm in LA.

Martyr
07-11-2004, 03:26 AM
Thanks. That's what I wanted to know.