PDA

View Full Version : Dressing Final Fantasy-ish

FleshMask
07-10-2004, 05:43 AM
I have no idea where to post this, so.........

If there was a Final Fantasy Clothing Line out there, would you wear it?

It would be tough for the chucky members of the board, after all who wants to see a fat dude or chick dress up like Tidus or Princess Garnet...

It bring harsh memories of of Anime Conventions where fat chubby girls dress up like Sailor Moon.... I have yet to see a slim sexy Sailor moon at a Anime Con.... WHAT UP WIT DAT?

But anyway I going off subject.....

Okay so, it would be kinda funny to see people dressed in crazy clothing to go to work... or church...
But what it became the norm?

What would happen?

I mean it doesn't have to be a character's clothes, but clothes that are Final Fantasy-ish....

Would do you guys think? Should there be a clothing line, and new style?
A FF style.....

Big D
07-10-2004, 05:47 AM
Tetsuya Nomura's character designs are pretty weird sometimes, but he sure knows how to design creative clothing, as FF VII, VIII and X show. It'd be good to see some real-life stuff based on some of his better, more practical designs. Yuna's dress from FFX, for instance, or Seifer's ensemble from FFVIII.

FleshMask
07-10-2004, 05:59 AM
A Yuna sports bra?
Cloud hair gel?
Vivi sun hat?
BY THE WAY!!! Who was Vivi's babies' mama? Who? I wanna know!!!
Was it that stupid Quan, Zidane's sister?
WHO????
anyway
Locke vest?

I would walk the streets with gun blade in hand scaring the hell outta small dogs and childern.....

I would be a badass....

but instead I'm teh sexy.... damn the luck...

Misfit
07-10-2004, 06:02 AM
I would walk the streets with gun blade in hand scaring the hell outta small dogs and childern.....
... xD You're my new favorite member.

Shlup
07-10-2004, 06:23 AM
I want a freaking Vivi sun hat!! That would rule.

However, for the most part, I wouldn't wear Final Fantasy clothes. I hate cosplay.

Big Ogre Umaro
07-10-2004, 06:41 AM
This is GC so I can safely say that that idea is gay as hell

Meat Puppet
07-10-2004, 07:27 AM
I'm not into cosplay. Although I wouldn't mind a Squall party hat to wear to those more 'special' occassions.

Proxy
07-10-2004, 07:33 AM
hmm...depends on how they fit.
the only thing i might dare wear is Tidus'..only with a wife-beater instead of baring my..less than par chest =X

Sess020
07-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Okay, he is not talking about cosplay.
He doesnt mean only the clothes the FF chars where, but kind of fantasy clothing in general. Its not cosplay :sweatdrop . Hes talking about a fashion of sorts.

Now that that has been cleared,
Although from 7 through 10 (11 is just kinda midevil), the clothing designs are different, so it would be a weirdo mix of a fashion.
I myself would be strutten the streets with my tight Al-Bhed suit and gas mask. Hellz ya :cool:

Haha, actually to give you a truthful answer, it would all depend what it looks like and who else is wearing the stuff. In my opinion, it would probably turn into a clothing fashion that all the 12-15 year old kids would endup wearing. It just seems like thats where I could see the fashion ending up.

Haha, a Yuna sports bra lol ... :exdee:
btw; the best cosplayer (I think) is Angel (http://www.cosplayangel.com/home.html). Her Lulu cos is just, awsome! :bow:

Big D
07-10-2004, 10:06 AM
This is GC so I can safely say that that idea is gay as hellIn my life I have never seen an idea that liked having sex with other ideas of the same gender...

Rainecloud
07-10-2004, 10:19 AM
The idea of a Final Fantasy clothing line doesn't appeal to me at all. People would no doubt be made fun of for wearing T-Shirts with logos such as "Got Materia?" amongst other silly and mildly-amusing Final Fantasy references.

MasterGuardian
07-10-2004, 10:44 AM
i think auron style of clothing is cool with the outfit and glasses

Xander
07-10-2004, 11:12 AM
I have hotpants like Yuna's but I'm going to lose more weight before I attempt to wear them xD I'd dress Final Fantasy-ish cause I'm sad, but a whole clothing line? Maybe not. That'd create too many FF clones =P

crono_logical
07-10-2004, 11:27 AM
I wouldn't cosplay at all, regardless of if the costumes are FF or not, or game or anime :p Most cosplayers suck really bad anyway :p

Big D[/color]] In my life I have never seen an idea that liked having sex with other ideas of the same gender...Come on now, this is what figures of speech are, it's not to be taken literally :monster:

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
07-10-2004, 11:30 AM
id wear seifers clothes....

8 and 7 were the 2 ff's that had the best humanly looking clothing style!
the others went bonkers!?

Shlup
07-10-2004, 11:38 AM
Okay, he is not talking about cosplay.Doesn't make cosplay and less stupid, and its important that we do our best to make it clear how stupid and annoying it is.

Misfit
07-10-2004, 04:21 PM
Doesn't make cosplay and less stupid, and its important that we do our best to make it clear how stupid and annoying it is.
What if people here DO cosplay!? You're hurting their feelings!

... Please continue. ^_^

Imperia
07-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Yuna's gown from FFX definitely! :cool:

I also love Garnet's blouse, I love Quistis' outfit, and even Rinoa's (I'd wear a skirt different from hers though).

SomethingBig
07-10-2004, 05:52 PM
I have hotpants like Yuna's but I'm going to lose more weight before I attempt to wear them xD I'd dress Final Fantasy-ish cause I'm sad, but a whole clothing line? Maybe not. That'd create too many FF clones =P

Don't you think they're a bit too small?

DMKA
07-10-2004, 06:17 PM
Yes, it would be awesome...that would be all that filled my closet.

And no I don't cosplay, but I think its kinda neat and anyone who says its stupid and "annoying" is most likely a stupid annoying intolerant prick.

But anyway, yeah this isn't cosplay hes talking about, and I think it'd be cool to have an FF clothing line...it'd be the first line of clothing I actually found appealing.

Xander
07-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Don't you think they're a bit too small?

Yus much too small. I'll probably never wear them anyway but SOMEBODY wants me to. *grumble*

Cloud_99
07-10-2004, 11:11 PM
If it became the norm I know what would happen. People would lay down their arms and guns and bombs the world over would be destroyed. Then some really evil dude with cool hair would unleash monsters across the world. With a distinct lack of weapons many would take up arms in the form of swords and the staffs. Magic would reign supreme and many would travel in parties of 7 or 8 people and wear the now normal funky clothes and all have outrageously cool hair. Their task would be to rid the world of these monsters by embarking on epic quests across the globe to thwart the one that unleashed them in his funky cave far to the North. This quest would of course carry a very cool soundtrack.

Wait a minute... have I gone too far? :D

starlet
07-10-2004, 11:15 PM
I dunno...it wouldnt be soooo bad cospaying as a turk. all you need is a suit! ^_^ ans yunas' onsamble in 10 (not part 2) wasn't too bad...heck I would wear that! usually if I do something unusual with clothing or hair i get compliments...like I used to have just one tiny braid from behind my right ear and I put a feather and a charm at the end of it...that was cool.

:eek:

BrittyGoesMow
07-10-2004, 11:43 PM
I would! haha

SomethingBig
07-11-2004, 12:22 AM
I want to cosplay as Fran from FFXII.

ChibiInuYasha
07-11-2004, 12:49 AM
There's a guy at school who always wears several belts very loosly. That just screams FF to me. FF clothing line would be fun for some but in reality it would never work. People aren't too closed minded to accept such vibrant clothing.

Dingo Jellybean
07-12-2004, 12:37 AM
It would be tough for the chucky members of the board, after all who wants to see a fat dude or chick dress up like Tidus or Princess Garnet...

It bring harsh memories of of Anime Conventions where fat chubby girls dress up like Sailor Moon.... I have yet to see a slim sexy Sailor moon at a Anime Con.... WHAT UP WIT DAT?

ROFL Damn that's hilarious.

But to answer your question, no, I wouldn't wear FF type of clothing.

The Matrix did inspire some fashion designs, especially Matrix Reloaded. But some FF clothing could fit in with today's styles...but hardly. Something Selphie or Quistis would wear wouldn't be too out of the ordinary, but Squall...with his 50 belts and his Alaska sized fur color would stand out. Cid's clothing(from FF7) wouldn't stand out too much since he is a pilot.

Dingo Jellybean
07-12-2004, 12:39 AM
There's a guy at school who always wears several belts very loosly. That just screams FF to me. FF clothing line would be fun for some but in reality it would never work. People aren't too closed minded to accept such vibrant clothing.

I think you mean open-minded. Afterall, open minded people can generally accept varieties of different clothing.

Lady Lionheart
07-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Final fantasy stylish clothes would be great :) I even wear some clothers I made myself in public, like yuna's top from final fantasy X-2 (on a normal pants, not the hot-pants she's wearing) I sometimes wear it when it's hot outside. http://home.wanadoo.nl/goldlady/ffx.JPG
http://home.wanadoo.nl/goldlady/ffx2.JPG
http://home.wanadoo.nl/goldlady/ffx3.JPG

nik0tine
07-12-2004, 08:21 PM
What if people here DO cosplay!? You're hurting their feelings!

... Please continue. ^_^

what is this... cosplay?

Psychotic
07-12-2004, 08:29 PM
what is this... cosplay?

Oh man, it's where really HARDCORE individuals dress up like characters from Final Fantasy or really obscure Japanese video games or obscure Japanese anime, 'cause they're HARDCORE! They go to "cons" (I think it stands for convents. Where Nuns live. I don't think the Nuns like it very much) dressed up as these characters, take pictures of themselves like it, then spam the web with these pics. Why? 'Cause they're totally HARDCORE! :rolleyes2

Personally I'd never dress up like or cosplay as any FF char. Although it is tempting to hurl myself in some needles and claim I'm dressed up as a cactuar.

ZeZipster
07-12-2004, 08:32 PM
I could so pass as Yuna, I swear...