PDA

View Full Version : Hard to find games that you own

Erdrick Holmes
07-10-2004, 07:45 AM
Out of all of the games you have what have to be the games that are hard to find nowadays and even if you did find them at a store or online they'd cost an arm and a leg?

Well I have all three Street Fighter 3s on Dreamcast, you can't find the DC versions of those anywhere, even when the games came out, I did get SF3: Double Impact from Ansem foor a Yugioh card (A decent one too)

I also have Record of Lodoss War fro DC, that game is probably the Suikoden 2 of Dreamcast. I got that game when I traded my N64 and afew games for it and Ecco the Dolphin.

Kirobaito
07-10-2004, 07:51 AM
Um....I have FFIII. I bought it at Gamestop. It still looks good. I'm not sure if any of my other games are rare or not. I have SMRPG and SMWorld before they went greatest hits, I'm not sure if that means anything.

Erdrick Holmes
07-10-2004, 07:52 AM
KB, by FF3 do you mean FFIII for SNES (FFVI) or do you mean FFIII that was never translated in US cartridge format?

Kirobaito
07-10-2004, 07:53 AM
I mean VI. I would die if I had the Japenese cartridge.

black orb
07-10-2004, 08:01 AM
>>> Final Fantasy (NES), Zelda 1,2 (gold carts) (NES), Megaman 2,4,6 (NES), Crystalis (NES).. I guess those are hard to find right now..

metCloud
07-10-2004, 11:04 AM
Metal Warriors for SNES. If you like robots you should try and play this...Its not well known but it is sooo awsome. I owned it when it first came out...lost it...then tryed game stores for two years looking for it again. Had to resort to EBay to get it for $45.

Jalbrean
07-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Suikoden II

It's my ultimate RPG 'look what I have' jewel ;p

Mr. Graves
07-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Pandemonium for PSX. It was made by Crystal Dynamics before they merged with Eidos. It was a weird platformer.

SomethingBig
07-10-2004, 04:28 PM
NES:
Megaman 2 and 4
Metroid

PSX:
Xenogears

Dreamcast:
Both Street Fighter 3's

Del Murder
07-10-2004, 04:43 PM
I'm told FFVIII for the PC is pretty rare.

metCloud
07-10-2004, 05:05 PM
Pandemonium for PSX. It was made by Crystal Dynamics before they merged with Eidos. It was a weird platformer.

Ha, I have that game too...Its definetly a wierd game. :cool:

Rainecloud
07-10-2004, 05:15 PM
I have the limited edition Gold Cartridge version of "Zelda: Ocarina of Time", which is apparently quite sought-after.

I also have a rare game for the PC called "Lost Eden". Nobody likes it, though. :P

Jebus
07-10-2004, 05:38 PM
I have the gold Ocarina of time. I also have the original Zelda gold cart because a friend of mine left it here and I haven't seen him in forever.

Shoeberto
07-10-2004, 06:26 PM
On NES I have the Zelda 2 gold cart...even though it's in horrid condition. Plays well, though.

For PS1, I have...uh, Tomba!, which never went to Greatest Hits and stayed like $50 for years after it came out, but is still one of my favorite games. And Xenogears, though I've heard it's gone to greatest hits.

I have Silent Hill 2 for PC, which I didn't realize even existed until I went into EB when they were having a big SH3 promo and had all the SH2 PC copies sitting out.

black orb
07-10-2004, 07:50 PM
>>> Add to the list:
Ranma 1/2 - Japanese cart (SNES)
Sonic Wings - Japanese cart (SNES)
Super Bomberman - Japanese cart (SNES)

Rainecloud
07-10-2004, 08:44 PM
On NES I have the Zelda 2 gold cart...even though it's in horrid condition. Plays well, though.

I thought all the Zelda 2 cartridges were gold? All the ones in England are, anyway.

escobert
07-10-2004, 09:26 PM
>>> Final Fantasy (NES), Zelda 1,2 (gold carts) (NES),
Same here

Lindy
07-10-2004, 10:45 PM
Lunar : Silver Star Story Complete and Lunar 2 : Eternal Blue Complete for the PSX, nice happy limited edition box set release =)

Of course, having the Saturn version would be much more impressive, but no chance of finding that.

Lunar Magic School would be even harder to find, I'd gather.

escobert
07-10-2004, 11:26 PM
I have Lunar Silver Star Story Complete. Didn't know it was worth anything.

Cuchullain
07-10-2004, 11:38 PM
All 50 odd of my Megadrive games, the 10 Master System games I have, as well as all the Z-X Spectrum and Apple (1980's) games I have. I'd say I have well over 100 games which are nigh on impossible to find nowadays.

BatChao
07-11-2004, 03:38 AM
Hmm... I dunno if these are really worth anything but I think they might be rare:

Chrono Trigger (complete with box/manuals/maps)
Zelda 2 (gold cart)
Ocarina of Time (gold cart with red blood)
Lunar 2 Complete (with everything)
And if Del is right...
FFVIII PC version (I also have VII too)

Kirobaito
07-11-2004, 05:05 AM
If Del is right, I also have the FFVII and VIII PC versions.

escobert
07-11-2004, 06:14 AM
I want the PC versions so damn bad!

Trumpet Thief
07-11-2004, 06:16 AM
I got FFVI, not that it's rare or anything. Other than that, I have:

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Gold cartridge
FFVIII PC version
Some Suikoden games
Final Fantasy (Nes)
SMRPG

Black Mage FF1
07-11-2004, 07:26 AM
I dont know if all these are rare. But here they are..........

Final Fantasy 1(NES)
Final Fantasy 3/6(SNES
Final Fantasy 2/4(SNES)
Chrono Trigger(SNES)
Earthbound(SNES)
Super Mario RPG(SNES)
Super Metroid(SNES
Metroid(nes)
Legend of Zelda A link to the Past (SNES)
Capcom VS. SNK2 (PS2) I heard they dont make this game anymore
Super Punchout(SNES)
Dragon Warrior(NES)
Metal Gear(NES)
Breath of Fire (SNES)
Legend of Zelda 1 and 2(NES)
Donkey Kong Country 1-3(SNES)
Mega Man X-X3(SNES)
Mega Man(NES)
Turtles in Time(SNES)
Castlevania1-3 (NES)

I think thats about it.

Yamaneko
07-11-2004, 07:50 AM
I still have Ultima VII on about a dozen 3.5 floppy disks. It's a tough game to find. It won't run on my computer though, at least not without Exult.

I have some other really old PC games.

m4tt
07-11-2004, 04:44 PM
I'm told FFVIII for the PC is pretty rare.
I have that too. I also have FFVII..

EarthBound for the SNES. It's the only SNES game I have left (besides Star Fox), and my SNES doesn't even work.

Lindy
07-11-2004, 07:25 PM
I have Lunar Silver Star Story Complete. Didn't know it was worth anything.
They only made a limited number of them, at least the boxed version, which came with interviews with the creators and the OST. I know you can get Lunar 2 : EBC not in the box set, but I didn't know you could get SSSC without it too.

Lunar 2 : EBC box set comes with a really nice copy of Lucia's pendant, hahar!

Odaisé Gaelach
10-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Rage Racer (Namco, PSX) is a pretty rare game, though it won't cost you a bundle to buy (except if you were to buy it off me!). It was the first game I ever played on the Playstation, and it introduced me to proper gaming.

Chris
10-05-2004, 11:37 PM
Sega Mega Drive

1. Castlevania: The New Generation
2. The Ren and Stimpy Show: Stimpy's Invention
3. Aero: The Acrobat II
4. Streets of Rage II (The best sidescrolling beat 'em up game, EVER)
5. Asterix: The Great Rescue
6. Sparkster

NM
10-05-2004, 11:50 PM
Old Street Fighter games are hard to find nowadays it seems to me.
Luckily I kept hold of mine. :D

Anyway, I've got the following hard to find games.

Pilot Wings (SNES)
Street Fighter Alpha (PSX)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 Dash (PSX)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PSX)
Street Fighter Collection 2 (PSX)
Pocket Fighter (PSX)
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo : Revival (GBA)
Final Fantasy VII (PC)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-06-2004, 12:42 AM
Prettymuch all 8-bit and 16-bit era games could count as "hard to find" these days, so I'll won't bother to list all of mine.

That said--Jumping Flash! 2, Star Fox 64, Mischief Makers, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (gold cartridge), Brave Fencer Musashiden, LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete (boxed), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (gold cartridge + holographic label), Threads of Fate, and LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue Complete (boxed + the Ghaleon punching puppet).

Storm
10-06-2004, 01:42 AM
Prince of Persia 2 for the PC. One of the best games ever created.

razor248725
10-06-2004, 02:01 AM
i own uh..the ocarina of time (n64) the gold cart. i used to think that all OOT carts were supposed to be gold, ive never seen a normal one :p oh well. i also have ffVII for pc, if thats considered rare.

EDIT: oh yeah as Kawaii Ryűkishi said, i also have mischief makers, i didint know that was rare (well its not really mine, i just never returned it to my friend, who i never see anymore), but its the most annoying game there is, imo

Jowy
10-06-2004, 08:17 AM
Off the top of my head...Dragon Warrior I-IV and Mega Man I-VI, and the version of Maniac Mansion where you can microwave the hamster on my NES. Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire 1 and 2, Earthbound, FFVI, Robotrek, Soul Blazer, and Illusion of Gaia on SNES. Alundra, Brave Fencer Musashi, Suikoden I and II, and both Lunar box sets on my PSX.

Maybe if I sold all of those, I could get a car or something.

Lindy
10-06-2004, 10:50 AM
LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue Complete (boxed + the Ghaleon punching puppet).
You pre-ordering bastage =(

Erased
10-08-2004, 06:05 PM
Supposedly my dad has Bard's Tale (the old one) laying around somewhere... I don't think I own any rare games.. Unless N64 games are rare. Then I have a lot of rare games.

kikimm
10-09-2004, 08:28 PM
---Xenogears
---This horrible little RPG (although I thought it was great when I played it) called Beyond the Beyond. My mom bought it for my brothers when I was about 10. It's very, very, very primitive, and impossible to play without some kind of help.
---Speedball, I think it's called. Futuristic soccer-like thing....yea...
---Silent Hill 2 is rare?

I don't own any real gems, as you can see (besides Xenogears). I was too young to really play the SNES FF's when they came out. When I got my Nintendo, I was playing Starfox and Donkey Kong. :eep:

:D

edczxcvbnm
10-09-2004, 08:44 PM
Xenogears is no longer rare and never really was. It became a $20 greatest hits earlier this year and thus a lot more copies were put into circulation.

Star Fox 64 is easy as dirt to find also. Majoras Mask only came in the gold cart with holographic front. Geez. I can't go through all the crap people said. I am leaving it at this.

I have the

Warcraft III collectors edition
Lunar 1 & 2 with everything(besides that puppet)
I have Zelda 1 and 2...WITH the boxes and everything(that makes the rare. The games themselves are piss easy to find).
Chrono Trigger...with players guide, maps, instructions, box.
Gitaroo-man

krissy
10-09-2004, 08:46 PM
starfighter

Erdrick Holmes
10-09-2004, 09:32 PM
That reminds me Lunar SS is at my video store for about 6 dollars, it even comes with the little leatherbound book.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-09-2004, 09:42 PM
You mean the instruction manual?

Erdrick Holmes
10-09-2004, 10:03 PM
I dunno, it's a thick leatherbound book. I think it's a Lunar game. It's one of the games made by trhe same company as Lunar.

DMKA
10-11-2004, 12:12 AM
Is Wild Arms hare to find? I don't see it all that much.

Meh, I do have Rival School and MK Mythologies: Sub Zero. RS has been pretty rare and I've NEVER met anyone else with MK Mythologies, much less seen it in a store.

Erdrick Holmes
10-11-2004, 04:20 PM
DMKA, how much do you want for RS? I want it.

DMKA
10-11-2004, 06:45 PM
DMKA, how much do you want for RS? I want it.
Hmm...I really like the game...its pretty sweet. But I'm willing to sell. Its missing its booklet, but other than that its perfect condition. I actually have the special "Evolution" edition with 40 additional secret characters. I've met only one other person who owns the Arcade version, but no one with the Evolution Edition. Meh, I won't ask much for it...name a price.

Erdrick Holmes
10-11-2004, 06:54 PM
15 dollars?

Jolts
10-11-2004, 07:38 PM
I've heard that Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night is decently difficult to find nowadays, and I used to own two (gave one to a friend...it was all messed up :lol:, but still worked).

DMKA
10-11-2004, 08:10 PM
15 dollars?
That'll work. Now someone will just have to explain the sending process to me cause I've never done that. Oh and cash will have to be provided for that too, seeing as I am broke. :D

But yeah, $15 dollars for RS is acceptable.

Erdrick Holmes
10-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Ok, I'll figue it out once I can get money.

Symphonic
10-11-2004, 09:14 PM
Does Star Fox for the SNES count? Or how bout F-Zero? If those dont then i dout i have much.

XxSephirothxX
10-11-2004, 09:19 PM
I've got some old Genesis games that are pretty out-of the ordinary: Star Control, The Humans, and MERCS. And I know a friend who found FFIII for the SNES on sale for a quarter... :D Quite a bargain! I've also got WipEout 64, BattleTanx: Global Assault, and Command and Conquer for the N64...don't know how rare those are.

Lord Chainsaw
10-11-2004, 10:07 PM
I'm not quite sure what the whole situation regarding the original Zelda cartridge is. Some sources say that the gold cart is rarer, while others say that the gray cart is actually rarer. A good thing to do would be to own both.

I'm not really too keen on collecting rare games simply because they're rare. I do stumble upon hard to find games on occasion, but mostly it is because I played them when I was younger and want to play them again.

I have Mega Man 1-8, X-X7. Out of those, Mega Man 1 was by far the most difficult to find. I have about 4 copies of Mega Man 3, simply because it is my favorite of the bunch and one of the greatest games of all time. Now they've released the Anniversary Collection and the value of my hard earned collection just plummeted. Thank you Capcom.

I have the entire Wizards and Warriors Trilogy. That's Wizards and Warriors, Ironsword, and Kuros' Visions of Power. I absolutely love this series and I've always wished Acclaim would so something further with it on the next generation systems. Guess it's just not gonna happen.

Dragon Warriors I-IV, VII, and Monsters I and II. Of those, IV was the most expensive for me. DWI is dirt cheap. I buy another copy of it occasionally when I visit a used game store. I'm at about 3 or 4 of them so far.

I have Zombie Nation. Seanbaby called it the most screwed up game of all time, so it has to be worth something. It's an NES game where you play the role of a giant floating zombie samurai head as you try to save America by vomitting shots against the alien forces of Darc Seed.

As far as new games go, I hear that Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden II are fairly rare. I'm happy to own them not because they're rare, but because they're very good games.

White Raven
10-11-2004, 11:06 PM
I think the only thing that might actually be rare is Dragon Warrior for NES. Muchos fun nonetheless. :)

fire_of_avalon
10-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Threads of Fate is rare? :confused:

Erdrick Holmes
10-15-2004, 04:16 PM
I'll be getting Suikoden II later on today. :)

Ryth
10-18-2004, 02:13 AM
I bet most of my NES and Genesis games are rare and I hear InuYasha: A Feudal Fairy Tale (PS1) is rising in it's rarity becoming like DragonBall GT: Final Bout but forunatly InuYasha doesn't suck like Final Bout.

Erdrick Holmes
10-18-2004, 02:37 AM
I bought LUNAR SSSC for 6 dollars two days ago, Kishi was right, that is the instruction booklet, it also has a walkthrough in it, but because I bought it at a video store I didn't get the Terricloth map or bonus Soundtrack with the making of DVD.

thornwithin
10-19-2004, 04:05 AM
I have all kinds of old NES/SNES games with box and instruction book...
FF1/2/3
DW1
Metal Gear
Metroid 1/2/3
Super Mario 1/2/3
Mega Man 1-6, X
Zelda 1,3
Secret of Mana/Evermore
TMNT 1/2/3
and many more

I'm just curious, for the people that don't have these games... is it because you're too young to own them, or because you got rid of them along the way? It makes me feel so old when people talk about games I played as a kid, as rare.

(for the record, i'm 22 which would make me 5-ish, I think, when NES came out).

SetsuntaMew
11-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Meh, I don't have anything rare, unless you count DDR: Konamix for PS1. That took me weeks and weeks to find, and then I finally got it new ^_^ *still searching for the original DDR for PS1*

theundeadhero
11-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Nes

Guess I'll start with the rarest of the rare!===> Mother in English!
Final Fantasy
Zelda 1 and 2 gold
Dragon Warrior 1-4
Kirby's Adventure
I have several others but it hard to say whats rare or not.

Snes
Final fantasy 4
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Final Fantasy6
Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
SMB RPG
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom
Secret of Mana

Are any playstation games really that rare?

Jack
11-11-2004, 12:56 AM
Are any playstation games really that rare?

Future Cop LAPD (PSX) took my sister a while to find, cause it wasn't at amazon or ebay. She eventually found in this back-water shop in Hinkley in the wrong case. Turned out it'd been there, but it was in another games case. She had been looking for about a year. I'd say that's rare for a PSX game.

Wild ARMS (My Mum's 2nd favourite game. She broke it by playing it too much and is very tempermental. We're still looking for a back-up) copy)
Alundra

(PSX)

Final Fantasy Adventure
Final Fantasy Legend I
Final Fantasy Legend II
Final Fantasy Legend III
Final Fantasy Legend IV

(All GB...And not really THAT rare. Biut I see them as rare since it was a stroke of luck I got the, God bless stupid people :) )

Doomgaze
11-11-2004, 01:11 AM
I had Xenogears back when it was still rare, also...

Suikoden I - III (not that III's really rare, but there are easier things to find)
Lunar SSSC (discs only :()
Lunar 2: EBC (pendant and all!)
SNES: I honestly don't know what games are rare. FF2 is, isn't it?

EDIT: theundeadhero, that's quite a claim. Can you prove that? There's all of about ONE copy of the english version of Mother in existence, unless it's a counterfeit cart. Unless you're the guy who dealt with demi, which I highly doubt, you have a rom burned onto a cartridge by someone who made off with a lot more of your money than he deserved.

theundeadhero
11-11-2004, 02:43 AM
you have a rom burned onto a cartridge by someone who made off with a lot more of your money than he deserved

Maybe, I don't know. All I know is that it's a nes cartridge of Mother that plays well. Even if that is what happened, it's still pretty rare to find one of those and worth it to me because I'll take a cartridge over a rom any day. I hate roms. FFIII is the only one I have.

Doomgaze
11-11-2004, 03:25 AM
How much did you pay for it? What does the title screen say? What does the cart look like?

theundeadhero
11-11-2004, 06:10 AM
The carts a regular nes cart. The title doesn't have anything strange in it. Just usual game stuff. Paid $50 off e-bay.

Doomgaze
11-11-2004, 06:28 AM
I mean, does it say Mother, or does it say Earthbound Zero? Is there a label?

theundeadhero
11-11-2004, 06:58 AM
No label but the back has the warning turning power off without resetting will erase game thingy. The title says EarthBound Copywright 1989,1990 Shigesato Itoi/Nintendo

Erdrick Holmes
11-11-2004, 05:59 PM
OOC: If anybody has Monster Rancher 1 or 2 them PM me. I might want to buy it.

Necronopticous
11-11-2004, 06:44 PM
Hmm, games that I have that I would consider hard to find are:

Einhander
Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX (not greatest hits versions)
Saga Frontier
Saga Frontier 2
Threads of Fate
Tobal #1
Chocobo Racing
Chocobo's Dungeon 2

I don't know, I have a lot... These are hard to find because they're out of print, etc. But no game is really hard to find if you have money and the internet. Expensive due to Rarity games is more like it.

Doomgaze
11-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Hmm, that's odd. Either you have the original version of the rom burned onto that cart, or a hacked version to take out the word "Zero" and make it appear to be an original. Either way, whoever sold it to you made about $40-$45 of pure profit.

theundeadhero
11-12-2004, 12:50 AM
It was worth it. True I own Earthbound on my SNES, but I prefer NES games.

Cleric
11-12-2004, 07:05 PM
I have Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen for playstation. its very hard to find, but its a wicked good game.

one.winged.angel.
11-30-2004, 04:04 AM
i have ffviii/vii pc version

uh is secrets of evermore a rare game??

Nakor TheBlue Rider
12-12-2004, 09:29 AM
Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth
VanGaurd Bandits
Chocobo Racing

All PlayStation Games. All very Rare IMO.

MistaCloudStrife
12-12-2004, 09:42 AM
Ahhh... hmm....

well i have the very first Final Fantasy unopened... worth a crazy amout of money... my uncle would collect this stuff so i still ahve them... Also Final Fantasy III snes unopened....

I have FFVII unopened as well.... and A japanese FFVII... i dont know how much taht would cost... O.O Its opened though... =P

I have Puzzle Fighter and Valkyrie Profile...

And i'm starting to think my Fatal Frame is getting rare... O.O Oh and my Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball.... it still costs quite a bit of money... =D

Raistlin
12-12-2004, 02:22 PM
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Lunar SSSC(boxed)
Lunar 2: EB(boxed, no puppet)
FF1(boxed + instruction + maps)

eestlinc
12-12-2004, 03:33 PM
I have Zelda 1 and 2 in gold cartridge, but I've never heard of any other color catridge for those games. is Street Fighter II (not turbo) for SNES rare? I suppose all SNES games are rare now. I have a few of those. Mario Paint with the SNES mouse and mouse board. That's probably rare.

-Cloud-
12-26-2004, 11:42 PM
SNES
Terranigma

I bought my copy for Ł60 including box and instructions. Great condition.

Most expensive game I've ever bought.

-Cloud-
12-26-2004, 11:44 PM
uh is secrets of evermore a rare game??

Last time I checked eBay, this game sold for over Ł70 with box, instructions and map.

Sepho
12-27-2004, 07:48 AM
I have a bunch of old games, but there are many NES games that are still easy to get on Ebay and whatnot for an agreeable price.

For NES, I have the first Dragon Warrior, and the two gold cartridge Zelda games, but I know a considerable amount of people who have those (the Zelda games).

For SNES, I have Super Mario RPG. I don't know how rare it is, but I only know a couple people around here who have it.

For PS1, I have Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete (with pendant, hardcover manual, otaku figures and all that jazz). It cost me about $70.

Kind of off-topic, but I just realised that about 75% of my PS1 library consists of Squaresoft games.