PDA

View Full Version : I Admit it, I was Wrong...

Cz
07-10-2004, 10:53 AM
Do you find it easy to admit that you're wrong? I'm generally very stubborn, but on occasion I can be almost reasonable.

A good example:

Since arriving here, I have considered XD to be superior to xD. I couldn't see how the facially-distorted xD could appeal to anyone. However, I now realise that I was wrong. Dead wrong. I'll hold up my hands and concede that, and will start using xD over XD from now on.

That's a relatively minor issue, though. When it comes to something major, I hold my ground no matter how hopeless the situation. Even after having my reasons systematically taken apart, I hold on to my beliefs.

Do you find that the same is true for you? Do you cling on to your arguments, or freely admit that you were incorrect?

Meat Puppet
07-10-2004, 10:57 AM
I tend to cling on, but I try to leave space to correct myself if I'm proven wrong.

Rainecloud
07-10-2004, 11:03 AM
However, I now realise that I was wrong. Dead wrong. I'll hold up my hands and concede that, and will start using xD over XD from now on.

You're not "Dead Wrong" at all. The majority of forum users seem to prefer using the "xD" over the "XD", but it's entirely up to you. Personally, I prefer "xD", but there's no definite right or wrong, is there?

In answer to your question, most of the time, I attempt to stick to my beliefs. It depends on the situation though, of course. If I realise I'm utterly and totally wrong about something, then I'll gladly admit my error and focus on the new belief/theory/line of thought. However, things aren't always that simple. Take religion, for instance. Nobody can say that they are 100% right all of the time, and there's always going to be some sort of endless debate raging on in EoEo. Well, perhaps not raging, but you get the picture.

Take something like spelling and grammar, and the situation becomes totally different. A few years ago, Nait informed me that my spelling of "Humerous" was actually supposed to be "Humorous". I quickly changed my posts and I've not made the same mistake since. What's the point in blindly arguing about something you know is your mistake? It's like the word "Definite". People here at EoFF seem to say "Definate" and "Definately" all the time - and it's wrong! All wrong!

Good thread. :)

Xander
07-10-2004, 11:08 AM
Sometimes I can be stubborn if I really believe I'm right, but usually I don't like confrontations or arguing, so I'll back down and admit I'm wrong fairly easily, or even just to keep the peace. If I really am wrong then I have no problem admitting it, and apologising.

Baloki
07-10-2004, 11:12 AM
Sometimes I can be stubborn if I really believe I'm right, but usually I don't like confrontations or arguing, so I'll back down and admit I'm wrong fairly easily, or even just to keep the peace. If I really am wrong then I have no problem admitting it, and apologising.

Unless you win at minesweepers and then you just have to rub it in don't you :rolleyes2

Xander
07-10-2004, 11:14 AM
That's not being wrong though BalokiLoki that's just me rocking.*huggle*

Shlup
07-10-2004, 11:15 AM
I'll let you know if a situation ever comes up where I'm not right.

:upsidedow

Baloki
07-10-2004, 11:17 AM
That's not being wrong though BalokiLoki that's just me rocking.*huggle*

Oh we are so drawing gameswise, I shall win, WIN I TELL YOU WINNNNN!

Female Ryuichi
07-10-2004, 11:18 AM
It depend how much I believe I'm right.

crono_logical
07-10-2004, 11:21 AM
Not often enough, I don't think :p Well when I know I'm wrong anyway, I'm not going to say I'm wrong when I think otherwise :p

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
07-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Depends on the person im arguing with....

If its:
*my brother-stubborn wont give in
*an opinionated friend- wont give in unless a valid point is made...i can go on
*someone i dont know-most likely to....give in.....and then when they get to know me ill generally be stubborn and hold ground
*a bloke way bigger than me- most likely to give in to aviod being bashed up....lol

War Angel
07-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Oh, how I pity all of you people. I never have to say I'm wrong, since I never am. Wrong.

Armisael
07-10-2004, 01:10 PM
i agree with ETERNAL FANTASY.depends on the person i am arguing with.

Rye
07-10-2004, 02:04 PM
It depends with certain people, but I'm usually very stubborn.

Mikztsu
07-10-2004, 02:56 PM
I'm often kinda stubborn, but when I realize that I'm wrong, I admit it.

Mr. Graves
07-10-2004, 03:07 PM
I can admit being wrong. Dealing with the guilt is another issue, however.

Leeza
07-10-2004, 04:19 PM
I don't like admitting that I'm wrong, but if I can see that I am then there's no point in being stubborn about it.

Del Murder
07-10-2004, 04:59 PM
I can admit it to myself and usually it's no one else's business.

Yamaneko
07-10-2004, 08:30 PM
I don't think anything I've ever done has been wrong.

CloudSquallandZidane
07-10-2004, 08:38 PM
WOOT, yes! In ur FACE!!!

j/king i dont use either of them...

Psychotic
07-10-2004, 08:50 PM
I always used to use XD in chat about a year ago. Wow, I am a chat...hardcorist. Anyway, yeah I admit it a lot. But sometimes I don't. Yay for my vagueness.

Logan
07-10-2004, 10:18 PM
If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. I'm always right though. :)

Wizdumb
07-10-2004, 10:41 PM
I can't remember the last time I was wrong on anything. If it happens I'll admit to it.