PDA

View Full Version : ff2 megaboss

Arioch
07-10-2004, 02:00 PM
hi. please, i want to know who is the hardest boss (like warmech or emerald weapon...) of ff2, and how can i find him. thank you!

Zifnab
07-10-2004, 02:05 PM
The last boss, Emperor, is probably the hardest as it has the most HP and a decent defense.
That said, probably Astaroth as the closest thing to a super boss, who guards one of a chests in Pandemonium.

Dragonfire
07-10-2004, 03:10 PM
actually, the last boss is the easiest if I remember correctly because of the Blood Swords or am I thinking of FF3?

p.s. I haven't played in awhile but i think i'm right.

DJZen
07-11-2004, 04:23 AM
You're right about the blood swords, however, Emperor isn't a very hard boss to beat. It's a somewhat anti-climatic confrontation after taking on Beelzebub, Tiamat AND Asteroth all in one sitting. Just use your strongest magic and attacks and he'll go down without much of a struggle. I'd say that either Tiamat or Asteroth is the hardest battle, and since those bosses are completely optional, I consider them to be the mega bosses of FFII.

Zifnab
07-11-2004, 10:58 AM
actually, the last boss is the easiest if I remember correctly because of the Blood Swords or am I thinking of FF3?
Right, except some idiot sold both my Blood Swords, making him the hardest boss. :rolleyes2

UltimateSpamGrover
07-11-2004, 11:24 AM
sorry I'm off topic, but how do you eliminate Spoilers?

Del Murder
07-11-2004, 06:13 PM
sorry I'm off topic, but how do you eliminate Spoilers?
To make a spoiler type [/b]]text to create text.

To view a spoiler highlight the space with your mouse.

aeris2001x2
07-12-2004, 04:24 AM
You're right about the blood swords, however, Emperor isn't a very hard boss to beat. It's a somewhat anti-climatic confrontation after taking on Beelzebub, Tiamat AND Asteroth all in one sitting. Just use your strongest magic and attacks and he'll go down without much of a struggle. I'd say that either Tiamat or Asteroth is the hardest battle, and since those bosses are completely optional, I consider them to be the mega bosses of FFII.

ur crazy. in my origins edition anyway, the last boss was way harder then Belzebub or tiamat who were pathetic and even crushed Astiroth. yes his attacks mostly suck but his defense was insane as usual and his physical attack did 3800+. of course i,d sold my bloodswords but still.

emperor is the hardest boss, definitly no super bosses here.

UltimateSpamGrover
07-12-2004, 04:28 AM
thanks Del

DJZen
07-12-2004, 04:42 AM
Nah, I didn't use bloodswords at all. I old-schooled the sucka. Holy 10, Flare 10, 16 hits-14 hits, Ultima 10. It took a while, but he went down easier than the optional dudes. I think I only came close to having a character die twice.

aeris2001x2
07-12-2004, 04:54 AM
ahhh your magic was much higher then mine is why. was that your first play? but still even then i,d say the emperor was still harder because even Astiroth was not too hard, just high defense again. i guess with those level spells your gonna crush everything.

Arioch
07-12-2004, 07:48 PM
thanks to all. but i think that all the final fantasy´s have a super boss, that is hard to find, and harder than the final boss. anyone knows if there is another final fantasy like this; i said, without a secret super boss? or this is the exception?

aeris2001x2
07-13-2004, 12:05 AM
ff2, ff4 and ff6 definitly have no super bossess, ff3 i think as well. its ff1,5,7,8,9,10,X-2 that have super bossess, of the numbered ff,s.

Ultima Shadow
07-31-2004, 05:14 PM
ff1 has a super boss?
astos?
Warmech.

aeris2001x2
07-31-2004, 07:48 PM
lol, Astos the dark elf is an early boss and one piece of pathetic easyness.

Trumpet Thief
07-31-2004, 09:38 PM
Got any recommended levels for those Super Bosses considering I have yet to beat the game. (I started not too long ago)

aeris2001x2
07-31-2004, 09:42 PM
well if your talking bout ffII, there r no super bossess or levels even.

Trumpet Thief
07-31-2004, 09:48 PM
I mean how high my Hp and high strong my spells should be. (I kind of find it stupid that you gain Hp by getting hurt. At least I think that's how you gain it)

Edit: There are no Super Bosses?

aeris2001x2
07-31-2004, 10:36 PM
well in my opinion the three candidates for super boss are not that good.

two of the bossess Belzebub and Tiamat are quite easy really.

while the third Astaroth is very difficult but still just slightly weaker then the last boss.

i,d say to be sure of beating these 3 bossess, have 4000+ hp with like 13+ masterey on best weapons and 10+ on magic like ultima. of course u can beat them weaker then that but thats very useful. i also found bacchuss wine useful against Astaroth if you dont have very good spells.

just use the training trick and your be fine. ffII hardness comes from its annoying huge dungeons, not its bossess.

Trumpet Thief
07-31-2004, 10:47 PM
Yeah, and Hp is easy to gain.

Arioch
08-12-2004, 11:40 PM
and what about the megabosses of other square games? like the final fantasy tactics, xenogears, vagrant story, chrono trigger, chrono cross...? have or don´t have megabosses?
another question: who is your more prefered megaboss of a square game? (i know we´re on an ff2 forum, but i think that it´s interesting.....maybe!)

aeris2001x2
08-13-2004, 04:29 PM
well i hated Vagrant story so i dont know, while the rest r not avaliable here in the UK, which is a real pity.

ermm i,m a HUGE fan of Emerald weapon from ffVII.

other favs are Ruby(ffVII), Ultima(ffVIII)(and he has just been crowned the greatest ever weapon in the weapon cup), Dark Bahamat(ffX) and Penance(ffX).

aeris2001x2
08-13-2004, 05:14 PM
i actually have somewhere a complete list of all the ff super bossess (though it didnt include optional bossess who WERE WEAKER then the last boss or any thing in ffIII since i havent beat it)

ff1-IX had a total of EIGHT super bossess, beingWarmech, Omega, Shinryu, Emerald Weapon,Ruby Weapon,Omega Weapon, Ultima Weapon and Ozma

after that it just goes crazy. ffX had about 46 super bossess while ffX-2 had about 15 or so. hopefully ffXII will turn it up even more.