PDA

View Full Version : Help me

Mikztsu
07-10-2004, 02:24 PM
I've got infected my some weird thing, that links many words in my browser to www.ntsearch.com. Ad-aware didn't stop it, I also tried this program called cwsshredder with no result and hijackthis just confuses me.

Screenshot attached to show how it links some words.

crono_logical
07-10-2004, 03:36 PM
1. Try Spybot Search & Destroy as well. Adaware is great, but it's best used with Spybot as well, since one will catch most of what the other might miss.

2. If you look on ntsearch's website, there's something that's supposedly a removal tool for it. Whether you can trust it or not though, that's up to you - considering they've already decided to hijack your PC without your permission.

3. Check in Add/Remove programs for anything you're not sure what it is. Not all spyware thigns add an entry, but it's worth a shot. :p

4. Get Firefox or Mozilla and stop using IE completely - they're not exploitable like IE is, nor have security holes which allow dodgy things like ntsearch to hijack your PC in the first place :p

Mikztsu
07-10-2004, 05:05 PM
I tried the removal too, but it just gave error: "internet assistant was not found". I'll try the other stuff you suggested to me now.

I have never before seen any problems with Explorer, but if what you say is true, I can see a very good reason īstop using it.

crono_logical
07-10-2004, 07:15 PM
You're looking at a problem in it's face but probably just not realising it, like many people, with that bit of software integrating itself into your browser without you telling it to :p