PDA

View Full Version : When?

TasteyPies
07-10-2004, 06:32 PM
So when is this game going to be on shelves? I heard either Feb 14 2005 or Aug 24 2004. I WANT IT NOW! RAAAWR!!!!!!!! I need another FF to play! FFXI costs too much for ps2 and my pc is such a piece of crap unreliable so i can't get the pc version. I really wan't a new FF!

SomethingBig
07-10-2004, 07:16 PM
WOAH, who told you August 24, 2004? That's so ridiculous, it's ridiculous. Square-Enix is hoping to have it come out some time next year, along with Kingdom Hearts 2. I think the August 24 date you're talking about is the release date for Advent Children. I'm not sure. Oh, wait, August 24 is the release date for Star Ocean 3.... I think.

Rostum
07-11-2004, 05:25 AM
My guess is they will say it's early next year, then delay it till the end of the year. Just like any other FF really. =\

Ouch!
07-11-2004, 06:08 AM
Last I heard it was coming out some time in February. SE wanted to spread out their three major releases: Star Ocean, FFXII and Kingdom Hearts II. Star Ocean is coming out this fall I believe, they said FFXII would be somewhere in February and KHII could be pushed back all the way to summer or even fall 2005.

I can't wait for XII. It looks like it's going to be one of the gems of the series.

Silent Warrior
07-11-2004, 07:47 AM
Oooo, FF12 and Xenosaga 2 are gonna duke it out something fierce! :cool:

Ouch!
07-11-2004, 03:20 PM
As much as I liked the first Xenosaga, I don't think there's going to be any competition between the two.

SomethingBig
07-11-2004, 05:43 PM
Haha, yeah. I don't think there'll be any debates on whether or not Xenosaga II can even come within 200 feet of comparison range with FFXII.

Wow, KHII coming out during the summer of 2005? That's burning mad.

UltimateSpamGrover
07-12-2004, 05:34 AM
KH II comes out sometime next year...but who cares about Kingdom Hearts anways?

Sefie1999AD
07-12-2004, 11:40 AM
Oooo, FF12 and Xenosaga 2 are gonna duke it out something fierce! :cool:

Why do you even care about Xenosaga series? Neither Xenogears nor Xenosaga have been released in Europe, and the chances are that we aren't getting Xenosaga 2 either, so you probably aren't getting those games anyway. As for FFXII, I've heard Summer 2005 in Japan although it could come out later. So I guess Christmas 2005 or early 2006 would be the time for the US release, and late 2006 for Europeans. :mad:

Ultima Shadow
07-12-2004, 11:43 AM
who cares about Kingdom Hearts?
Alots of people (me included)! However FFXII is ofcourse even more important.

Breine
07-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Does anybody know the European release date?

Ouch!
07-13-2004, 02:07 AM
I don't think we can even decided on a Japanese release date.

SomethingBig
07-13-2004, 03:53 AM
So I guess Christmas 2005 or early 2006 would be the time for the US release, and late 2006 for Europeans. :mad:

What?! That's bloody insane! This could be the game that redeems Square after giving us FFX.

Anyone know the exact release date of Star Ocean 3?

Ouch!
07-13-2004, 04:16 AM
As far as I know, there are no set release dates for any of SE's new games. From what I've heard though, Star Ocean 3 should be the first one out, so maybe sometime late fall or winter? Could be later than that, but I doubt it.

kikimm
07-13-2004, 11:10 AM
On FF Warzone, they said that Star Ocean Till The End of Time will be released on August 31. Don't kill the messenger. ;)

:D

SomethingBig
07-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Oh, well at least Star Ocean can keep us occupied until FFXII comes out. I know I will be occupied, since I don't play video-games on school days and I'll probably get my very first job soon. Congrats me.

Silent Warrior
07-18-2004, 08:37 AM
Sephiroth1999AD: *whisper* Mod-chip r teh win! :D The first one was pretty much everything I could want from a console-RPG. If a bit too Japanese, but that is another game, another forum, blah. But that's why I care.

Well, That's all for me in this topic.

CloudSquallandZidane
07-23-2004, 07:38 AM
Seriously if this game comes out before 2006 i owe somebody $5 U.S.

kikimm
07-25-2004, 05:29 AM
If it comes out before 2006 then I WON'T have to hunt down SE people, strap them to their chairs, and make them work!

Why do we always get games late anyways? Excuse my ignorance, but isn't the only thing that's different the language? They don't seem to change the graphics to make `em match...

Az Lionheart
07-25-2004, 10:52 AM
while i am waiting for FFXII will be mostly buying Fable and KOTOR2.(befor you ask i am not a star wars fan but the first game was exellent. :D

DJZen
07-25-2004, 08:00 PM
They make changes. For one thing, translation takes a while. For another thing, you can't directly translate Japanese to English, it doesn't make any sense. This is why things get localized. Not only that, but a lot of the FF games have had BIG changes made to the US releases. Ignoring all the messes caused by pre-Sony FF games, FFVII had several bosses added and as a result, FMVs had to be changed. This is why there was an "international version". Also, the gap between a game's Japanese release and a game's US release has been getting MUCH shorter. Usually what we have to wait around for is for the game to be finished up and released in Japan. Then it's usually only around 3 months before the US gets it.

kikimm
07-26-2004, 06:09 AM
They make changes. For one thing, translation takes a while. For another thing, you can't directly translate Japanese to English, it doesn't make any sense. This is why things get localized. Not only that, but a lot of the FF games have had BIG changes made to the US releases. Ignoring all the messes caused by pre-Sony FF games, FFVII had several bosses added and as a result, FMVs had to be changed. This is why there was an "international version". Also, the gap between a game's Japanese release and a game's US release has been getting MUCH shorter. Usually what we have to wait around for is for the game to be finished up and released in Japan. Then it's usually only around 3 months before the US gets it.

Oh....darn. Anyways, thanks for explaining.

Sefie1999AD
07-26-2004, 11:58 AM

True, but bringing the games to Europe takes a lot longer. The translation is the same as in the US version, and pretty much all Square has to do is change the game from NTSC to PAL (shouldn't be too hard as far as I know) and make a European game covers and manuals. But still that takes forever. FF7 was the first FF that made it to Europe, and it came out almost a year after the Japanese version. FF8 came to Europe almost 20 months after the Japanese release and over a year after the US release. FF9 was faster, but Square Europe put an overly large price tag for it, about $70-80. FFX came out here when FFXI had already been released in Japan, and FFX-2 came out at early 2004. Square Enix still hasn't announced the European release for FFXI, let alone a release date. As for FFXII, as I said before, it can easily take until the year 2006 that the game becomes available in English.

Rostum
07-26-2004, 12:13 PM
Don't they also have to translate it to certain Europe languages?

kikimm
07-26-2004, 09:37 PM
How many countries get the FF games? I know Germany does...but that's all I know.

Wanderlust
09-23-2004, 07:50 PM
Why do you even care about Xenosaga series? Neither Xenogears nor Xenosaga have been released in Europe, and the chances are that we aren't getting Xenosaga 2 either, so you probably aren't getting those games anyway. As for FFXII, I've heard Summer 2005 in Japan although it could come out later. So I guess Christmas 2005 or early 2006 would be the time for the US release, and late 2006 for Europeans. :mad:

Early 2006 in the US? :mad: This is unacceptable. I thought they were pretty much done with the game?

DJZen
09-23-2004, 11:57 PM
There a few more issues I forgot to mention. The first is actually deciding to release a game. On big name games it's usually a no brainer (who DOESN'T love Mario?), but from what I understand gaming in Europe is a different scene. I hear that gaming isn't quite as engrained in the culture. There's also the issue of content legality. Then the game has to be reviewed for rating. On top of that, there's copyrights. Would you like to know why Dragon Warrior got called Dragon Quest in the US?

Ashton
09-24-2004, 12:54 AM
In Japan it comes out Fall 2004
In USA it comes out Early 2005
and in Europe Late 2005

BackRoomKid
11-11-2004, 03:50 AM
I went to BEST BUY a week ago and they had a promotional catalog...in their was a short article on FFXII...it said the "TARGET DATE" was in February of 2005...so....I'm stoaked

BackRoomKid
11-19-2004, 01:47 AM
Just checked out GameStop.com

the have a release date on it by December 30, of this year...COOL....can't truly say it's official....I'm just browsing around

Ouch!
11-19-2004, 09:12 PM
I highly doubt it's coming on in late December. If it was just over a month away, we would have heard something official from SE. I think that a early 2005 release is a lot more realistic.

I also doubt that it will be released in '06. Sony announced that they'll have a playable version of the PS3 at E3 of '05. That means that system will be out in 2006. I don't think they want to push the release of FFXII too close to the PS3 release. If they can, they'll probably try to move on and get FFXIII out for the PS3 as close as they can and make it an early title for the system. Financially, it just makes sense.

Necronopticous
11-20-2004, 02:54 AM
Square recently announced that the game would NOT be released in Japan in this Fiscal year therefore it will be released in Japan after March 05. Most likely it will be released around June-August there and we probably won't get our hands on it until November or so.

Yeah, it sucks, but I'd rather they just take all the time they need than rush things and cut things due to time constraints.

Lunar Yuna
12-18-2004, 04:19 PM
Well, I just re-looked it up. From what I discovered (and I dunno if this is Japan or America, either way it's being released, lol) that it is being released February 14, 2005.

Larahl
12-18-2004, 04:45 PM
Square-Enix has just announced that FFXII won't be released during their current fiscal year, wich ends on March 31, 2005.

The announcement was made during SE's midterm financial meeting.

Looking back at the last "Spring 2005" date, this delay could push the game at least another month away (or more) from it's expected earlier release date. Well, at least this officially kills that February 14 rumor.

Got this from...
http://www.ffxiionline.com/main.php?ffxii=news.html

raven fire
12-22-2004, 10:50 AM
I read in the uk ps2 mag that it's a september reliease date for europe but it also said feb in last months issue so i duno how reliable that is. :confused:

mike without a hat
01-01-2005, 02:15 AM
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=T000049

gamestop says 10//05

Lon611
01-01-2005, 02:33 AM
KH II comes out sometime next year...but who cares about Kingdom Hearts anways?

*hip-hip, hooray!!!*

UltimateSpamGrover
01-01-2005, 02:47 AM
After FFX and X-2 I'm not really looking forward to FFXII, I hope it isnt another disaster...

velvet.fireball
01-26-2005, 10:44 PM
im looking forward to it. id expect it to be released around xmas time 2005 in america or uk (im in uk so im hoping sooner than expected). however i think it will probably be march-may next year.

im hoping, however, that a spring release in japan will mean a late summer release in america and a winter release in the uk.

either way us poor brits have drawn the short end of the straw yet again.

Little Miss Awesome
01-29-2005, 03:57 PM
I really think it's stupid how long Europe has to wait to get a game!
I read soemthign on www.hmv.co.uk that said Final Fantasy 12 was coming out on the 25th March 2005! I was so excited!
I also read in thye Summer Edition of GAME that Final Fantasy 12 had just been released in Japan!
I'm confused! :confused:

I Don't Need A Name
01-29-2005, 09:20 PM
i see what u mean!

kikimm
01-29-2005, 09:43 PM
Well, PSM magazine says April, the tenth I believe, but I'm not going to take anything seriously. Not even from SE themselves---I'm just going to wait till it actually comes out.

negareboshi
01-30-2005, 12:58 AM
I read on some random site that ff12 was gonna be released in may 05, in japan anyway... SE keeps delaying 12 n AC...they better be good!