PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P.

Agent Proto
07-11-2004, 03:04 AM
Today, at 8:39 PM at Potomac Hospital, my dad has passed away. I just want to inform everyone here. This is really sad, and I don't think I'll be staying around for awhile, as I will temporarily close the tournament in awhile, and probably get adjusted to life without my dad. :( I appreciate any thoughts and prayers while my dad was suffering through cancer. It just seemed that his time was up an hour ago to a better place.

His name is Bill, and if you would like to say something for me or my deceased father, you may do so. Even if you do not know him at all. :( Thank you.

Mikztsu
07-11-2004, 03:06 AM
That's very sad new, Proto. I'm very sorry to hear that. At least he won't have to suffer the pain of cancer anymore and may him rest in peace.

Daryl
07-11-2004, 03:07 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, Jeff. I never know what to say that doesn't just sound stupid at times like this. But you and your family are in my thoughts (and prayers, if I prayed), and if you need anything I could somehow do, don't hesitate to ask. *hugs*

Jebus
07-11-2004, 03:08 AM
Well. If its any consolation, I kinda know what its like to not have a father, as I haven't seen him in over 13 years. My condolences to you and your family.

Fuzakeru
07-11-2004, 03:11 AM
Proto, I am so extremely sorry to hear about your father. Lately, I've had a lot of deaths in my family resulting of cancer ( my grandmother then my aunt and my great grandfather before that ) but none as close as a parent. I'm sure the blow is deep and I honestly wish I could say the right thing to make it less painful for you but I know I can't. Nonetheless, my condolences are just as strong as anyone's who are close to you.
May your father's soul rest in peace and may your soul find ease soon, Proto. I'll keep you in my prayers and I'll be thinking of you while you are away.

The Captain
07-11-2004, 03:12 AM
No words can ever ease the pain or anguish one feels when they lose a loved one, especially to an illness.

Know only that in life he was loved by many and returned that love to many and that now he can rest easy in the next life. He shall never truly be gone so long as he is remembered and his memory is cherished.

I'm sure, more than anything else, he wouldn't want you to carry the burdens of his passing with you through the rest of your life. Rather, now, more than ever, live your life on your own terms, make the most of what you have and don't take anything for granted.

May you find strength with your family, and may you all find some degree of comfort in light of such an awful event. Be strong, and don't ever let your father slip away, but always keep him close to your heart.

Take so much care one and all, cherish each day you live.

Citizen Bleys
07-11-2004, 03:17 AM
The words don't exist that will make things any better. I suppose everybody's got to lose their father at some point, but it surely shouldn't be until later in life. :(

Agent Proto
07-11-2004, 03:21 AM
The words don't exist that will make things any better. I suppose everybody's got to lose their father at some point, but it surely shouldn't be until later in life. :(

Exactly, he hasn't been the best father figure, but he is my father figure, and I wish he could live to see any grandchildren or not. *sigh* I already miss him.
:(

DMKA
07-11-2004, 03:22 AM
Really sorry to heart that Proto...good luck coping and adjusting, and may your father rest peacefully now.

Logan
07-11-2004, 03:23 AM
I'm sorry about your dad, Proto. I've only lost grandparents, and that felt horrible, so I can't even imagine how much it hurts to lose a parent. Like Mik said, the only consolation (not that it's a good one), is that he isn't suffering anymore.

Meat Puppet
07-11-2004, 03:55 AM
Just recently (as in Friday) I've had the same happen to me. My great uncle, (who was more of a father to me than my actual father) put a pistol in his mouth and pulled the trigger. So yeah dude, I feel your pain. Sorta. Keep the power.

Del Murder
07-11-2004, 04:13 AM
That sucks, man. :(

m4tt
07-11-2004, 04:21 AM

UltimateSpamGrover
07-11-2004, 04:31 AM
I know your pain, my mom passed away four years ago due to a heart attack, I know EXACTLY how you feel..., I'm sorry...

Kirobaito
07-11-2004, 04:36 AM
I hope to never know what it is like living without a father. You will surely be in my prayers.

bennator
07-11-2004, 04:43 AM
I'm really sorry to hear that Proto. One of the scariest times in my life was when I thought I was going to lose my father; luckily, it didn't happen, but life without a father is really a sad thing indeed. Good luck getting through all of this.

Shoyku
07-11-2004, 04:47 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, and I send my best wishes to you and your family. :aimsad:

Shlup
07-11-2004, 05:04 AM
I don't know what to say except that I'm deeply sorry for your loss. :(

eestlinc
07-11-2004, 05:11 AM
If you need us, we're here.

escobert
07-11-2004, 05:33 AM
I hope to never know what it is like living without a father. You will surely be in my prayers.
Agreed. I'm not too good at this sort of stuff, but I hope you feel better and your family does too.

RSL
07-11-2004, 05:37 AM

Yamaneko
07-11-2004, 05:55 AM

I can't really add anything else, sorry. Take care and be with your family now.

SeeDRankLou
07-11-2004, 06:23 AM
My condolences to you. It's truely a horrible thing to have to lose a loved one, especially one that has been there your whole life. I wish you the best.

Kirkpatrick
07-11-2004, 06:23 AM
I really don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said, but it is still true...

I'm so sorry to hear about your terrible loss, and I wish you and your family all the best.

Leeza
07-11-2004, 07:03 AM
I'm sorry, Jeff. I went through all of this last year with my father. Cancer sucks, but your father is at peace now. My condolences to you and your family. :(

Casey
07-11-2004, 07:14 AM
Man, that sucks! I know I never talk 2 u, and thats does really suck man. Im very sorry for your loss, my condolences to your family.
<!--msn me anytime: kckcbanks@hotmail.com-->

black orb
07-11-2004, 07:15 AM
>>> That sucks, lose one of your parents must be horrible, I guess you have to be strong in situations like this..

Big D
07-11-2004, 07:26 AM
My sincerest condolences to you and all of your loved ones, Jeff.

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui - "Be strong, be steadfast, be of great heart."

Rainecloud
07-11-2004, 08:28 AM
This message board has become more and more like a close knit family over the years, and I'm sure you know that if you ever need us, Proro, we'll be more than willing to help you in whatever way we can.

Deep down, I trust that all of us have some sort of hope for the future, whatever our beliefs may be, and I hope you can take comfort from that, Proto. Please accept my deepest condolences and thoughts at this time.

Armisael
07-11-2004, 08:42 AM
i am really sorry to hear that about your father.i know cancer is horrible thing(my grandfather and my aunt died because of this).the only thing i can say is my condolences to you and your family.

Female Ryuichi
07-11-2004, 10:36 AM

Mo-Nercy
07-11-2004, 10:51 AM
My sincerest condolences to you and your family, Proto. I'm really sorry to hear about your loss and I am thankful that I still haven't lost anyone dear to me yet. I can't imagine what it must be like for you having never experienced it before but I hope that with time, your sadness will mend.

Breine
07-11-2004, 11:09 AM
I am so sorry for your loss :( Cancer is really the worst thing in the world.

Cz
07-11-2004, 11:59 AM
It's a dreadful thing to lose someone close to you, and the closer they are, the more painful it must be. I hope that your father can live on forever in your memory, and that you can ease your pain over time.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
07-11-2004, 12:23 PM
My condolences...for you and you family...

Xander
07-11-2004, 12:57 PM
I'm sorry. Take care of yourself.

Rye
07-11-2004, 01:21 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about that. I hope you'll be alright, and I'll be praying. :( If you need to talk or anything, just send me a PM. Sorry.

Ultima Shadow
07-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Very Sad. Tragic things happen in this world... try to not think about it to much or it may just feel even whorse.

White Raven
07-11-2004, 03:07 PM
:cry: I send my condolences to you and to all who knew him. Just remember that his physical form may be gone, but his spirit and soul still live on.

Baloki
07-11-2004, 03:11 PM
I really wish I knew what to say, I read it in your LJ this morning and couldn't think of anything that could help or make you feel better, I hope your ok...

SomethingBig
07-11-2004, 05:26 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that, Proto. :cry: I hope you and your family get through this fine. Y'know what? I've got some stuff for ya. *Takes a slice outta Rye* I got you a slice of rye bread from our very own Rye.

Psychotic
07-11-2004, 05:43 PM
R.I.P. Proto's father. I don't think anything I could say can comfort you, especially as I have no idea how you feel, but I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope you feel better soon.

Silmaril
07-11-2004, 06:04 PM
I'm extremely sorry for your loss. My condolences to your family. Time heals.

Dingo Jellybean
07-11-2004, 07:21 PM
I remember 4.5 years ago when my father passed away. It was somewhat expected. He had smoked for decades, but quit for a few years...but by then the cancer had already spread.

They say time heals all wounds, and not to sound clichish, but it's true. You should probably spend some time with your friends and just get away from online for a while.

Lady Lionheart
07-12-2004, 12:03 AM
I'm new here but I know what you must be going through. I lost my father to cancer when I was only nine years old. It's very tough at first, but I still keep him in my heart and every time I'm on the beach alone and the sun is just coming through the clouds and there is a nice breeze, I always think of the happy times I've had with him.
My condolences to you and your family.

fire_of_avalon
07-12-2004, 01:11 AM
All I can really do is echo the sentiments everyone else has already offered, but I do so in earnest. I'll never be able to say I know your pain, but I do have an idea of what a family goes through when they struggle with cancer, and I believe you and yours are stronger for it. Hold to that through your time of pain, and I'm sure you'll come out ok.

My condolences and best wishes,

Megan

Dr Unne
07-12-2004, 01:13 AM
Take care of yourself Proto.

nik0tine
07-12-2004, 06:44 AM
i lsot my grandma to cancer a few years ago. i know what you msut be going through and all i can say im sorry about your loss.

Trumpet Thief
07-12-2004, 06:46 AM
I am very sorry for your loss as well Agent Proto. Remember, the whole community of EOFF is here for you.

Sephex
07-12-2004, 06:48 AM
I am very sorry to hear this as I said at FG. I wish you and your family the best.

Rusty
07-12-2004, 09:29 AM
Really sorry for your loss :( I'll be praying for you and your family.

Polaris
07-12-2004, 09:36 AM
Wow man that's really bad... at least think that he went to a better place than this and don't think that he died think that he went to another world far from this ine and you can't connect him but one day you'll be with him... when the mother of my grandmother died I felt bad and when my hbest frioend Lara died it was horrible too!

We will go one day too but life goes on one die other lives... If you stop now, you'll die too!

You must continue with the feeling that he's watching you... I now he is.....

eternalshiva
07-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss Proto :/ I couldn't imagine what it would be like to lose my father and I'm sorry I can't relate to it ;-; I hope your family pulls through and become closer through this. *hugs*

krissy
07-12-2004, 08:09 PM
im sorry jeff

rip

Proxy
07-12-2004, 08:37 PM
take as much time as needed Jeff. this is very rough time for you right now.my condolences.
good luck with coping, and i'm sorry for your loss. :(
May Bill's Soul Rest In Peace.

Flying Mullet
07-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Sorry to hear that. :(

My fiance's grandfather passed away last week and it was hard on a lot of people but everyone was able to find peace and solace in the fact that he had positively touched so many lives and was resting peacfully now. Hopefully you can find some of that peace and solace too.

Rinoabella
07-12-2004, 11:27 PM
So sorry Jeff :( Neither your Dad or yourself deserved this. Be strong!

VampireCrono
07-18-2004, 06:18 AM
Sorry to hear your father died Proto. I hope he's in a better place, and I hope that you get better.

Dixie
07-18-2004, 05:29 PM
He doesn't feel any pain and he's in a better place. Don't forget, where ever you are, he'll be watching over you and smiling.

*Gives 10 BIG hugs to Proto and 10 flowers*

Iceglow
07-19-2004, 03:22 PM
hey proto, sorry about your dad, I understand that kind of stuff. it's not brilliant but then you gotta move on really.

my condolensces to you and your family on this. I'm sure your father, Bill was a good man.

Agent Proto
07-19-2004, 04:25 PM
heh. ^^; This is really old news, and I need to move on. Hopefully no one minds, but I'll end this now. Thank you all for your condolences. :)