PDA

View Full Version : I've seen T-Rex

Martyr
07-11-2004, 03:46 AM
I've also seen the Iron Golem. But I'm sure many of you have as well.

What you may not have seen is a lv. 12 BB do 800 damage to a Giant or a lv. 21 Knight do 1200 damage to a Blue Dragon!

I've killed Kary with XXXX and run from the Warmech (Which I just mentioned in another thread, but I'm rethinking why I got away).

I've also been down to a single black mage against an ogre. I attacked first, did one damage, and killed the ogre. Ao I got away. Yippee! And with enough money to buy that Silver Sword too...

Has anybody else seen these wierd bugs or lottery luck events take place?
What are your experiences with this kind of thing in Final Fantasy?

Note: You can talk about stuff in other Final Fantasys too. I just only know about the first.

Black Mage FF1
07-11-2004, 07:11 AM
I've also seen the Iron Golem. But I'm sure many of you have as well.

What you may not have seen is a lv. 12 BB do 800 damage to a Giant or a lv. 21 Knight do 1200 damage to a Blue Dragon!

I never did that with a BB but I have taken that much with a lvl 20 Knight.

I've killed Kary with XXXX and run from the Warmech (Which I just mentioned in another thread, but I'm rethinking why I got away).

Want to know what is funnier? I once made Kary run away with FEAR. Someone over at the Gamefaqs message board said he did it and I didnt believe him, so I tried it and it worked! LMAO! It was funny as hell!

black orb
07-11-2004, 08:06 AM
>>> I found 2 Trex in a row.. or maybe was 3, I cant remember.

Dr Unne
07-12-2004, 04:44 AM
I don't think the game mechanics allow three TREX encounters in a row.

Dragonfire
07-13-2004, 05:49 PM
it's possible but highly improbable

Dr Unne
07-14-2004, 10:23 PM
No, the encounters in FF1 are listed in a huge table in a certain order. Certain combinations of battles aren't possible. You can't fight 4 Warmechs in a row for example. It's hard-coded into the game.

Sefie1999AD
07-14-2004, 10:54 PM
No, the encounters in FF1 are listed in a huge table in a certain order. Certain combinations of battles aren't possible. You can't fight 4 Warmechs in a row for example. It's hard-coded into the game.

The encounters in FF1 Origins are more randomized, so there you can't know who you'll fight next (unless it's a fixed battle, like Wizards in Marsh Cave, Eye in the Ice Cave and Tiamat in Sky Castle). So in theory, it's possible to get 3 T-Rex encounters on a row, but as Dragonfire said, that will happen very unlikely. Rare enemies seem to be even more rare in FF Origins, and WarMech took me forever to find in FFO. In NES, you need at most 30 minutes to find WarMech in the big bridge, but in Origins, the coward mech (who I started to call WarChicken) took me an hour or two to appear.

As for big damage, I've never tried it on the NES version, only WSC and PSX. In WSC, I've had a White Wizard do 1255 damage to an Imp with the Masamune. In FF Origins, I managed to get my level ~45 Knight to do 3599 damage (16x Hit) to Chaos with the Masamune.

Martyr
07-15-2004, 03:03 AM
I don't mean big damage. I mean, all you gotta do is get to high levels and have good equipment for that.

I meant that my characters were at low levels. It's a wierd glitch, but it worked out cool.

I want to know if anybody ever saw other wierd things. Like... I dunno? A red Sahag in a desert random encounter or something (Which is entirely absurd. But 800 damage from a lv. 12 Black Belt, who usually strikes around 200, maybe 250 with a critical (Maybe not even! Maybe 140), is very bizarre.)

Dragonfire
07-15-2004, 05:31 AM
years ago, i used to make rom mods of nes games like ff1, zelda, dw, etc. with a few friends of mine. It's was all done with tools other people made already, hex editors, and a few we devolped ourselves. I don't remember anything in the NES rom that was against combinations of battles. It's was all based off of chance, each group you could fight for an area was assigned chances of appearing. Up to 64ths if I remember correctly. So it was like a 1 in 64 chance to encounter warmech, a certain amount for those wind elemental guys, a certaina mount assigned to not getting an encounter, etc. In the earth cave, the "hidden staircase" area, as they put so deceptively put it in the FF1 manual, had a 64 in 64 chance to encounter giants.

Triple T
07-17-2004, 02:05 PM
My monk caused 1200 damage to Warmech without Haste. It was pretty freaky stuff! O_O

Dragonfire
07-19-2004, 08:12 PM
wow i highly doubt that.

Black Mage FF1
07-19-2004, 11:53 PM
wow i highly doubt that.

If his Monk is at high levels then It is possible. I took about 8000 dmg to CHAOS on the PSX version with a lvl 99 monk w/o haste. So I dont doubt him. Unless he says he did it at lvl 15.

BottledJustice
07-20-2004, 06:30 PM
Uh, a few problems here. Level 99? Hmmm.... Does PSX allow that or something?

A level 15 BB versus Warmech is abad idea. I know from experience. I hacked one of my roms to make Warmech a 75% chance ramdom encounter on the first floor of Ice Cave.Then I copied the ROM and started a new game. A single BB game. Needless to say, walking into the Ice Cave, hellish without a hack, was even worse when I saw, "Monsters strike first", NUCLEAR, 354 damage, slain. That was terrible. My brother thought it was hilarious though. What was really funny was when we tried to put back the original encounters, and ended up just guessing. So we accidentally put in T-Rexes. That wasn't much better than Warmech. It was also my first time fighting a T-Rex.

Black Mage FF1
07-20-2004, 07:40 PM
Uh, a few problems here. Level 99? Hmmm.... Does PSX allow that or something?

Yes the PSX version has an easy mode which allows you to lvl up to lvl 99.

A level 15 BB versus Warmech is abad idea.

I never said it was a good idea. I was using it hypothetically.

Dragonfire
07-20-2004, 07:49 PM
Yes the PSX version has an easy mode which allows you to lvl up to lvl 99.

does it take less or more exp to hit the first 50 lvls?

Black Mage FF1
07-20-2004, 07:57 PM
It takes less to lvl to 50 on easy mode. It takes only 542,298 exp to get to lvl 50 on easy mode while it takes 989,641 to get to lvl 50 on normal mode. But getting to lvl 99 takes A LONG time. The exp needed for lvl 99 is 1,963,274!! :whoa:

Dragonfire
07-20-2004, 08:00 PM
but BB is godly on it then, caus his damage is still based off of lvl right?