PDA

View Full Version : what is Tidus best weapon

bennyc123
07-12-2004, 04:45 AM
:confused: man it looks like the weapon :chop: wakka gives u is the best if they is a better wepon tell me how to get it

UltimateSpamGrover
07-12-2004, 05:04 AM
I didnt need it to beat the game, and neither should you

aeris2001x2
07-12-2004, 05:15 AM
the best is his celestial weapon since it ignores defense and has more or less the best abilities depending on opinion. essential if tidus is to be in a dark Aeon/Nemesis/Penance beating party.

UltimateSpamGrover
07-12-2004, 05:49 AM
the best is his celestial weapon since it ignores defense and has more or less the best abilities depending on opinion. essential if tidus is to be in a dark Aeon/Nemesis/Penance beating party.

What if he has the regular version? Not the crappy PAL version...

Trumpet Thief
07-12-2004, 05:58 AM
Tidus' ultimate weapon is called the Caladbolg. You get it after you race with that chocobo dude, then the guy at the far corner of the calm lands moves out of the way, so you can get the weapon from the treasure chest.

As for the crest and the sigil, you can get one of them from the area where you fought Yunalesca revisited, and you can get the Sun sigil by getting a 0.00 time in the chocobo race thingy by not getting hit by birds, and collecting a lot of balloons. (I found it to be very frustrating)

But, you can only upgrade the weapons with the crest and the sigil after you get the celestial mirror. First, go to the area where you can challenge Belgemine, and in the outer area, if you race correctly with the chocobo. Then you oibtain the cloudy mirror., After that, you do some Macalania woods sidequest to get the celestial mirror. To upgrade weapons, take the weapon with the crest and/or Sigil to the plant where you got the celestial mirror, and then upgrade it.

Remember, the weapon is useless without the crest and sigil.(Although it's effect which raises your attack when your HP is high still works)

aeris2001x2
07-13-2004, 12:41 AM
What if he has the regular version? Not the crappy PAL version...

you mean what if he has the crappy ntsc version, not the great pal version...

then its still useful for nemesis

ninja-yuffie
08-04-2004, 01:12 PM
CALADBORG IS HIS CELESTRIAL WEPON

Jolts
08-05-2004, 08:25 AM
you mean what if he has the crappy ntsc version, not the great pal version...

then its still useful for nemesis
Agreed. I friggin' hate it when they make multiple versions of games with extra crap that the previous ones didn't get. "MAKE THEM ALL THE SAME!" I say.

Kuja
08-05-2004, 09:42 AM
but we in europe have to wait way! longer for the game, so it's kinda fair.

Jolts
08-05-2004, 09:56 AM
No, it isn't. I don't want them changed from Japanese to English (other than translation) either, so I'm being totally fair here.
Examples: Final Fantasy X - U.S. got some slight changes (like the save point near the moster thingy in the Calm Lands), but then the European version got some awesome things, like Ribbon, extra super bosses, and that movie thing about FFX-2. The Japanese got a re-release of FFX so they could get ALL the extras.
Kingdom Hearts - The US version came with a couple extra super bosses, then the European version came with extra weapons, extra enemies, extra super bosses, and Gummi Ship missions. The Japanese got a re-release of this too.

If you ask me, the US is getting totally boned on this...
Oh well, there's not a dang thing any of us can do about it, so I'll just get back to the topic at hand now.

His Celestial weapon is pretty much the best one for him, but if you're not talented enough at that chocobo mini-game crap, then you'll probably never legitly get the Sun Sigil. So, if you choose to not get that, I suggest having multiple custom weapons, since you can switch weapons mid-battle. Like having a quadra elemental striking weapon, and another weapon with status striking abilities, or Break HP Limit, 1MP Cost, Magic Counter, and Evade & Counter. Experiment with it.

Kuja
08-05-2004, 04:16 PM
hmm, then they have to re-release the us version too, with all the extra's. or just import the game :)

Jolts
08-05-2004, 05:28 PM
They won't. They seem to think that a majority of the people in US who bought the original wouldn't buy a re-release, and they're probably right.

Ryth
08-24-2004, 09:32 PM
It is called the Caldabog you get it by beating the Chocobo Trainer and go down this hill where this guy was guarding in a race then you have to get Sun Crest and Sun Sigil, crest at the site Yunalasca was defeated and sigil by beating the trainer with time of 0:0.

Lord Xehanort
08-25-2004, 01:25 AM
Just grab the crest as soon as you beat Yunalesca, then race the chocobos until you get the Sigil. (easier said than done)

The Caladbolg has Break Damage Limit, Triple Overdrive, Magic Counter, and Evade and Counter.