PDA

View Full Version : Leveling up in FF 2 [maybe SPOILERS]

Flashback007
07-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Please someone help me, I have a serious problem at FF 2. I cannot go any futher cause my HP is to low. I know if you get hit, you can win "expierence" and that way build up your HP. But my characters all have to strong weapons so they keep killing each other. And those damn Imps it takes a long time when you want to gain HP there.

Oh, by the way I am at the points [SPOILERS] Where Hilda and Cid are kidnapped by the Empire, and I must go to the Ship

Also I have FF Origins

desh
07-13-2004, 04:44 PM
The way you gain HP in FF2 is if you lose at least half of your max HP in battle, and then win the battle, your HP will go up. You can do this easily by fighting weak monsters and attacking yourself.

Martyr
07-13-2004, 04:47 PM
Oh no! Your weapons are too strong! What on Earth will you ever be able to do?!

Dragonfire
07-13-2004, 05:44 PM
the hp doesn't always go up when you do that. sometimes it raises just vitality instead. If your weapons are too strong, then you should be fine. If you still need to raise your hp, then use magic. It will raise the points for that spell, use up mp so maybe that'll raise, and will take care of hp. The other thing you can do, is go to mysidia and get swap magic. bring it to the area with goblins, hornets, leg eaters, etc. and swap with them. It'll drop your hp to about 6 if it hits. Just make sure you have the gold for swap magic.

aeris2001x2
07-13-2004, 07:24 PM
change your weapons 2 weaker weapons then or barehanded.

DJZen
07-14-2004, 04:32 AM
If you get hit with magic your vitality won't rise, but your Magic Defense will, and you Agility also won't rise. Getting hit by physical attacks will increase both of these things. If you want to get hit with stronger physical attacks, go to a more difficult area. Imps don't provide much challenge, but the monsters in the dessert can hit harder. The monsters on the Warship are also good to build stats on, because that's what you'll be up against. Try going there, fighting several battles, then coming out and using a tent. Repeat until sufficiently levelled. After a little of this, you won't be too strong for your own weapons any more.

Triple T
07-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Cast Swap on a Goblin. It'll raise your HP+MP. And use the Magic leveling up trick... you know it, right?

zddbmb
07-20-2004, 08:57 PM
um..... isnt swap called chance? (or is it swap in the psx version?)

EDIT: uh yeah thats what i meant. thanks for the clarifacation

DJZen
07-21-2004, 01:44 AM
In the translated NES ROM it was called CHANGE, but in the PSX version it was called Swap.