PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Dragoon

Trumpet Thief
07-12-2004, 07:11 PM
What were your thoughts on this game? I hated many parts of it, but the character Llyod was pretty cool. what about everyone else.

Ouch!
07-12-2004, 07:37 PM
I thought it was pretty cool, but it pissed me off that you had to put in the previous discs to go back to the other towns'n'such. I got to the second to last area and just stopped.

I got bored with it easily. It was also far to easy. I beat the first disc in one night, and that's just rediculous.

Trumpet Thief
07-12-2004, 08:09 PM
I agree with it being easy, but I enjoyed how your player doesn't just attack someone when using the attack command, but they actually execute different combos, which you have to hit the square button at the right time.

Also, the different battle themes were great, as well as the different moves. But Lloyd was what made the game good IMO.

Kirobaito
07-12-2004, 08:24 PM
I never finished it. I got up to the very last dungeon and stopped. I don't remember why. Meh.

I thought it was alright, really. Nothing overly impressive about it.

Lord Chainsaw
07-12-2004, 09:29 PM
I love Legend of Dragoon. Easily one of the greatest RPGs I've ever played. It has a few faults, but then again what game doesn't?

It had atmosphere. The entire game isn't easy though.

There are a few fights that are actually extremely difficult:

-The boss of the 1st disc
-Lenus (hardest boss in the game in my opinion)
-Divine Dragon
-Divine Dragon Spirit
-Final Boss (if he decides to confuse your party)
-Faust (I remember Dart actually took 5000 points of damage from his ice spell)

Vaprice
07-13-2004, 01:44 AM
AHA! A GAME THAT I "The asian sensation" loved.

Something I can think was very good. AHA! at last..okay now I'm just blabbering...But I thought in some points it was weird. But...DUDE! LLOYD WAS FRIGGIN AWESOME....but other than that I liked the game.
Easily beating the game many times I found all of the dragoon spirits. But DUDE KONGOL AND LLOYD WERE MY FAVORITES!

^.^

kikimm
07-13-2004, 02:39 AM
I bought this game when i was waiting for another one to come in from the mail. I got up to the boss of the first disc, but i had to start over because i had no potions at all, so there was no way i could have beaten him. I tried to start over a couple months ago, but i can't get back into it. I'll try again soon though. Or at least i plan on it.

It's not as good as other rpgs that i've played, but for sony's first one, it's pretty good.

:D

DMKA
07-13-2004, 03:40 AM
Its an alright game. It had amazingly good cinematics for PS1, and I liked thewhole dragoon transformation thing, ect...some of the battles were rather exciting and just great.

Things I really disliked however, were that you didn't actually get to 'walk around' on the worldmap...instead you were stuck on this path where you just went location to location in a straight line...I REALLY disliked that. The field graphics could of had more detail but meh, no biggie. I also didn't like the limited amount of attacks/spells/ect, and I was really dissapointed with the ending. The final boss was actually pretty hard, to me atleast.

So yeah I liked it but its not one of my favorite RPGs or anything like that...it was just another game I had heard alot about so I played it. The transformations reminded me alot of Sailor Moon actually, which was pretty cool. :)

Zifnab
07-13-2004, 08:28 AM
I really like this game. The plot gets a bit nonsensical towards the end, but it's still an enjoyable story. Personally I didn't like Lloyd too much until the scene after the fight with him in his Divine Dragoon spirit. I also quite liked the surprise last boss, which I'm normally dead against.

There are a few fights that are actually extremely difficult:

-The boss of the 1st disc
-Lenus (hardest boss in the game in my opinion)
-Divine Dragon
-Divine Dragon Spirit
-Final Boss (if he decides to confuse your party)
-Faust (I remember Dart actually took 5000 points of damage from his ice spell)
On my first play through, the Divine Dragoon took me weeks to beat. On my second play through it was Lenus that became most difficult for some reason (though only a few tries). That floating thing with the stick coming out of it was pretty difficult, too.

Trumpet Thief
07-13-2004, 09:06 PM
Ugh... the Divine Dragon was a really hard boss, considering that when Dart threw the sacred Dragon weapon into the air, it lowered your parties power drastically, yet when you fought the Divine Dragon, it was still tough as hell. Imagine what the Draogn would have been like if you faced it without using the Dragon thing

kikimm
07-13-2004, 11:18 PM
Ha-I just finished re-playing the game for the third time. Let me re-word that. I'm starting over for the third time. So far so good. I just hate that beginning in Hellena prison. It usually takes me forever to figure where I am. It all looks the same.

*pouts that she can't look at any of the spoilers*

:D

Trumpet Thief
07-13-2004, 11:21 PM
Don't fight the urge Kiki. Highlight it... highlight it I say! (Besides, this is your third time playing.... why am I telling you to if it won't spoil the game for you?)

Edit: Oh, your third time starting over...

chu52
07-15-2004, 12:59 AM
i thought disk one was the best, 2 was too short, three also too short and full of dialouge, and four was just boss fight after boss figt after boss fight after boss fight....

Satomi
07-20-2004, 12:15 AM
Yeesh! I beat this game so easily! Oy..too easy. But I beat it...like 5 times. Al though it could be fun...at least leveling up is a challenge. I like Rose she looked so kewl. Ans her sword was kick arse. woot.

Jalbrean
07-20-2004, 04:23 PM
I really liked the game. I've only played through it once. I've been meaning to play it again, but new games always get in the way. I found quite a few of the boss fights very difficult and actually took me almost an hour to complete some. Never had that in an rpg before. ;p

One thing I found frustrating was the lack of money. I could never seem to horde much ;p Maybe I just was clueless as to how to make the money. Battles gave crap money.

Amnesiac
07-25-2004, 05:34 AM
I loved the game. The battle system was something new and made the game much more entertaining.

And Lloyd > You.

Dark Matter
07-30-2004, 02:15 PM
I think it's the hardest game. I spent more than 1 hour to kill the final boss. It's just that my skill's poor.
If it's not because of Shana, I don't think I can ever finish the game.
Yeah, I love Shana, and I want to save her.