PDA

View Full Version : Bad celebreties gone good

Flying Mullet
07-12-2004, 09:31 PM
This is a thread to show off those actors, musicians, etc... that had horrid or embarrassing starts but managed to gain some popularity (somewhat). Plus I always think it's interesting to see where celebreties came from or watch an old movie or listen to old music only to exclaim, "Oh crap, I didn't know so-and-so had anything to do with this!".

Mark Wahlberg (a.k.a Marky Mark)
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000001Y5A.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

(Thread inspired when Good Vibrations by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch came on the radio)

SeeDRankLou
07-12-2004, 09:51 PM
Janet Jackson had two albums before Control. They were both bubble-gummy pop-ish and really bad. Then she released Control, and it's all uphill from there.

Rainecloud
07-12-2004, 09:59 PM
I used to detest Christina Aguilera, but some of her new stuff isn't that bad, I guess. Don't get me wrong, I still wouldn't buy any of her music, but it isn't as ear-piercingly awful as it used to be.

BatChao
07-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Peter Jackson was famous for directing really cheesy B horror movies before his 'big break' with the LotR movies. Stuff like Dead Alive and Meet the Feebles. Of course... Dead Alive was a bajillion times better than any of the LotR movies so may be this is a case of good celebrities gone bad?

And of course, Sam Raimi was in a similar situation with his awesome Evil Dead series, Darkman, etc. But then he got Spider-man, but Spider-man was good, at least. (At least the second one was).

-N-
07-13-2004, 01:10 AM
Elijah Wood and Tobey Maguire. From dopey kids to not-as-dopey actors.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
07-13-2004, 01:27 AM
Angelina Jolie

ever since she became a mom she went good...

Mr. Graves
07-13-2004, 01:52 AM
Madonna is not as risque as she once was.

I honestly cannot think of anymore.