PDA

View Full Version : Blitzball Online

UltimateSpamGrover
07-13-2004, 01:52 AM
Who thinks there should be Blitzball Online instead of the Crappy Tetra Master that comes with FFXI... like you can use your character from FFXI in your team, and...

Well post your suggestions:

DJZen
07-13-2004, 06:39 AM
I hate both Triple Triad and Tetra Master with all my being. I hate how trendy CCGs have become. Also, if they made Blitzball 3D like it was in the FMV I'd definitely play it. It's like Shaolin Soccer meets.... umm..... water!

SpiritWolf
07-13-2004, 07:20 AM
I would definatly play Blitzball online!

Jalbrean
07-13-2004, 02:02 PM
That I might pay the extra dollar a month for.

Erdrick Holmes
07-13-2004, 05:25 PM
Actually, they need to make a single game just for Blitzball, I mean, they did it for Chocobos so I don't see why not Blitzball.

Vaprice
07-14-2004, 02:30 AM
DUDE! YOU ARE GENIUS....I love blitzball because its somewhat like soccer, and I love soccer. I'd totally pay an extra buck for that. That'd be so sweet. maybe you could create your characters...or at least one....that'd be fun.....sorry i'm done now.

Heath
07-19-2004, 01:44 PM
If Blitzball weren't so stat-based it would work pretty well as a mini-game. But it gets tedious when everything comes down to stats, now if it were like say, a FIFA football game crossed with that, it might be better. Sure, the stats can be involved, but no need to revolve the entire game around them.

Ouch!
07-19-2004, 08:42 PM
I'm definately for the idea of making a Blitzball game that ignores the stats and special moves. The game would be awesome if you could go up and down in the blitz sphere and play like any other sports game out there. It'd just be freakin' awesome.

Of course, I doubt SE would ever do anything like that.

As for it being on Play Online, I might pay the extra buck for that.

chu52
08-04-2004, 05:59 PM
Long live the blitz!!! Espicially Zanarkand style!!!!!!!!!

FFFreakX-2
08-08-2004, 12:27 AM
Dude Grover U R My Hero Buddy I Would Buy FFXI Just For That
I WOuld Play BlitzBall More Then THe Game I Love Biltz Ball Aww Man And They Could Make Like A Job Like Wakka Where He Trows His Balls At People That Would Be Cool Too!

ChaosCalibur
08-08-2004, 02:39 AM
Bah blitzball sucks, it's clunky and cheap at times, Tetra master could've improved but it's still better than blitzball...

Erased
08-08-2004, 11:35 PM
I had to vote for blitzball, just because its a lot cooler than Tetra Master. I actually got tetra master though(That would be because I play MTG and such, I suppose.) I don't know of anyone who would play Tetra Master online... come on. Especially PAYING for it.

Pheesh
08-24-2004, 01:12 PM
I loved blitzball. i thought it was a great idea but they ruined it by giving it the whole stop, decide your move, play ect.

if it was like any other sports game (fast and fun) then i would spend $100 bucks buying it for ps2.

TasteyPies
08-24-2004, 04:34 PM
Pirate ship puzzle mini-game

Nuf said

Ryth
11-06-2004, 01:20 AM
I don't think Tetra Master is really crappy but it doesn't compare to Blitzball Online!!

SomethingBig
11-06-2004, 03:48 AM
If Blitzball weren't so stat-based it would work pretty well as a mini-game. But it gets tedious when everything comes down to stats, now if it were like say, a FIFA football game crossed with that, it might be better. Sure, the stats can be involved, but no need to revolve the entire game around them.
It was also tedious and unnecessarily slow. When you see the first blitzball game, you think, "WOW, I'm going to be able to do that?!" You see people flying all over the place and people swimming at ridiculous speeds. Then when you play, "WTF?!" comes to mind. It's nowhere near as fast-paced as you think and it's more of an RP sports game than a sports game.

phoenixknight88
12-08-2011, 01:27 PM
I know this is a really old thread and since we still don't see anything form Square Enix I thought I would post this

http://www.susurration.net/news/index.php?ID=102

Hope some people like the idea also if anyone feels like they would give a lending hand please get in touch we are mainly looking for 3D artists at the moment we are pretty set on the programming side though but more the merrier

Jessweeee♪
12-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Sorry, but we don't allow the revival of old threads here! You are absolutely more than welcome to start a new thread about your project if you wish. It looks interesting :spin: