PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Chips and You

Shlup
07-13-2004, 03:19 AM
Ever had those "Wow!" potato chips? They're lot fat but don't taste low fat.

All my friends tell me that they make you... ill. You know, you go punish the toilet for awhile.

I guess I have a strong stomach because there is no food that ever makes me that kind of sick. I think Wow! chips are really good.

Anyone else like these chips? Do they make you 'sick'? Do lots of foods make you 'sick'?

escobert
07-13-2004, 03:21 AM
Never heard of em. So no. No only cheap vodka makes me sick.... blah...never again

Del Murder
07-13-2004, 04:12 AM
I once ate some fried chicken I found in the refrigerator at work and that made me sick.

BatChao
07-13-2004, 04:28 AM
I have no idea what you're talking about... where do you buy em'? Do you have to go to like a specialty grocery store or do chains like Albertsons carry them? I am interested in trying these Wow! chips!

Logan
07-13-2004, 04:29 AM
My stepmom used to get them. They didn't seem very "Wow!" to me, and she didn't seem sick.

RSL
07-13-2004, 04:32 AM
Eh, I never tried them. Unlike others in this thread, I do know what you're talking about. However, I was unaware that they still made them.

Tato Skins. That's what I like. I also thought those were extinct, but they've reappeared on my local grocer's shelves. I like the sour cream and onion ones the best, but they're all good.

As for Wow! chips, I heard they make you crap like crazy. That might be the reason that I didn't try them. I don't know if there is any truth to that. I just don't like crapping more than normal. My toilet paper budget is small as it is.

CloudDragon
07-13-2004, 04:32 AM
I've seen them hanging around in an aisle at the grocery store, but if it my memory serves me correctly, I've never had the opportunity to cosume any of the chips.

-N-
07-13-2004, 07:12 AM
Everyone knows Wow spelt inside-out is Poison. So don't eat it, kids.

Rainecloud
07-13-2004, 07:22 AM
I've never heard of those 'chips' before, but I do eat a lot of other crisps.

My favourites are 'Square Crisps'. They're unique in the fact that they're completely square.

Yamaneko
07-13-2004, 07:54 AM
It's like eating a can of beans.

Loony BoB
07-13-2004, 10:14 AM
Ever had those "Wow!" potato chips? They're lot fat but don't taste low fat.I'm not sure about anyone else, but this certainly makes sense to me. Things with a lot of fat generally don't taste like they're low fat.

King Counter
07-13-2004, 07:00 PM
I don't think they make you sick anymore, but I could be wrong. They used to [or still do, but to be honest I thought they were no longer on the market] make them with something called Olestra which is a low fat soybean oil substitute that causes stomach pproblems for a lot of people. The really offending brand wasn't wow but a whole new chips brand called "Olean" and I'm almost positive that was banned from the market years ago. I've never tried them myself, I don't usually eat these low fat things.

omnitarian
07-13-2004, 08:53 PM
I, too, wasn't aware they still made them.

When they were around I ate them and thought they were great. I never got sick, but I did get a greasy feeling on the roof of my mouth. Nobody else in my family could handle them so we stopped buying them.

Wow, this post has a lot of pronouns.