PDA

View Full Version : ffIX boss Tournment

aeris2001x2
07-13-2004, 02:42 PM
the ff tribute game now makes its long awaited appearance.

i,m going to do a seperate tournment for all the numbered ff games which will go all the way to the last six, then these best six(except ff1 which will only have 4 finalists) from each ff will do battle in the finals with the other ff games top six ! so please post (or pm me) who u want to 2 go through in each of the bouts! o (i hope ppl reply). u can judge the vote on ANYTHING u like, be it hardness, coolness, character design, personality etc its YOUR choice my friends

now there are 36 bossess in this tournment. there are a few sub bossess omited like the battle with your boss at the start, prision cage, the creature that Lani sends 2 chase u, the queens bomb etc...so i hope u dont mind there disappearance its just so i can keep the firgue at 36 . the first round matches are...

Ozma(*1) V Shinryu

Necron/eternal darkness(*2) V Plant Brain

Kuja(*3) V Valia Pira

Beatrix(*4) V Quale

Hades(*5) V Tantarian

Deathguise(*6) V Sea Lion

Ark V Gizamaluke

Black Waltz 3 V Black Waltz 1

Abadon V Raruvaimaago

Garland V Amarant

Black Waltz 2 V Daharka

Zorn V Meldi Gemini

Raruvaraava V Kraken

Shelter Dragon V Lani

Hill Gigas V Silver Dragon

Thorn V Kary/Marlith

SoulCage V Antlion

Tiamat V Lich

so lease vote ppl. deadline is saturday 12am. thanks

:D

Ultima Shadow
07-13-2004, 06:31 PM
Ozma(*1)! Reason: Powerfullness: Meteor! Curse! *Shinryu dies* Hardness: Once again Meteor! Curse! :D

Necron/eternal darkness(*2)! Reason: Hardness: He's not all that hard but still the second hardest FF final boss(X-Death is harder in my opinion). Coolness: He looks cool and actually reminds me of Eden.

Kuja(*3)! Reason: Powerfullness: In the story + Flare Star. Soundness: His music theame has conquered my brain! :rolleyes2

Quale! Reason: Coolness: What!? What do you mean with "he's not cool?" bah he's far cooler than Beatrix. (real reason: I don't like Beatrix mainly because I always own her in battle. Still... she always end the battles with her "hp goes down to 1 attacks). :mad2:

Hades(*5)! Reason: Coolness: He simply looks cool + it's cool that the music that is playing while figthing him not is a battle music.

Deathguise(*6)! Reason: Coolness: One of the coolest looking bosses in the game.

Ark! Reason: Boreness: Gizamaluke is the most boring battle in the game. Hardness: In my opinion Ark is one of the hardest non-optional battles in the game. Atleast if you have Eiko, Garnet and Vivi in your party. :rolleyes2

Black Waltz 3! Reason: Everything (but that 1 can summon that Sea Lion) is cooler with 3. Love the FMVs with him.

Abadon! Reason: Fliped a coin... and it went Abadon.

Garland! Reason: Patheticness: Amarant is pathetic, so is Garland. But Amarant is so easy that it's not even fun.

Daharka: Coolness: He just come jumping out from the wall. That's soo cool.

Meldi Gemini! Reason: Coolness: It's so cool... Zorn and Torn fused into one! Much cooler than Zorn alone.

Kraken! Reason: Funyness: Funier battle + funier look.

Shelter Dragon! Reason: Pure Crap: Lani is pure crap. :D Coolness: All dragons are cool.

Silver Dragon! Reason: Coolness: Looks cool. Hill Gigas just looks stupid. Also, the FMV before the battle is cool.

Kary/Marlith! Reason: This girl is really "hot" :D . Coolness: Looks cool.

SoulCage! Reason: Coolness: Easiest boss in the game if you just use a pheonix down... But he is still alot cooler than Antlion.

Lich! Reason: Coolness: He is the coolest boss in the game. :)

Dragoon Kain
07-13-2004, 06:46 PM
Ozma(*1)

Necron/eternal darkness(*2)

Kuja(*3)

Quale

Hades(*5)

Sea Lion

Gizamaluke

Black Waltz 3

Raruvaimaago

Amarant

Black Waltz 2

Meldi Gemini

Kraken

Lani

Silver Dragon

Kary/Marlith

SoulCage

Tiamat

SpiritWolf
07-13-2004, 07:53 PM
Ozma(*1)

Kuja(*3)

Beatrix(*4)

Hades(*5)

Sea Lion

Gizamaluke

Black Waltz 3

Raruvaimaago

Garland

Daharka

Meltigemi

Kraken

Lani

Silver Dragon

Kary/Marlith

SoulCage

Tiamat

Zifnab
07-13-2004, 08:16 PM
Ozma(*1) - The hardest boss in the game is a circle. Brilliant.

Necron/eternal darkness(*2) - I like his music.

Kuja(*3) - Kuja was cool. The other thing was weird.

Beatrix(*4) - Good character, good music, good battles.

Hades(*5) - Good music, appearance.

Deathguise(*6) - Apparently had more importance.

Gizamaluke - Looks better.

Black Waltz 3 - The most developed of the two.

Raruvaimaago - He kind of comes back, I suppose.

Garland - Garland is the better villain of FFIX, in my opinion.

Black Waltz 2 - I liked the Dark Waltzes.

Meldi Gemini - Interesting twist.

Kraken - I liked it when I found out that he was a villain in FF1.

Lani - Great potential for reoccuring villain spot.

Silver Dragon - Looks nifty.

Kary/Marlith - See Kraken.

SoulCage - I liked him, even if the daft twit caught fire.

Lich - Skeletal = yay.

Flashback007
07-14-2004, 01:45 PM
My choices are:
Ozma(*1)

Kuja(*3)

Beatrix(*4)

Hades(*5)

Deathguise(*6)

Gizamaluke

Black Waltz 3

Abadon

Garland

Black Waltz 2

Zorn

Kraken

Shelter Dragon

Silver Dragon

Thorn

Antlion

Lich

Lord Chainsaw
07-14-2004, 10:07 PM
I'm sorry but this contest is as good as over.

We all know the Hill Gigas is gonna sweep the competition.

aeris2001x2
07-15-2004, 03:06 PM
shall i count that as a vote for HILLGIGAS lord chainsaw?

Ultima Shadow
07-15-2004, 03:12 PM
shall i count that as a vote for HILLGIGAS lord chainsaw?
I'm sure that was pure irony. None can seriously vote for hill gigas... rigth? I mean... it's the ugliest boss in the whole game!

aeris2001x2
07-15-2004, 03:21 PM
I'm sure that was pure irony. None can seriously vote for hill gigas... rigth? I mean... it's the ugliest boss in the whole game!

Doomsday has voted for him, which means he only needs 6 more votes to win since hes trailing 6-1 lol :p

Ultima Shadow
07-15-2004, 03:26 PM
But the only reason Doomsday voted him was because Hill Gigas used his terrible "You-are-going-to-like-me, You-are-going-to-like-me curse" on poor Doomsday. lol

aeris2001x2
07-15-2004, 03:28 PM
lol brainwashed votes still count. and there r some strange votes. i mean Sephiroth is losing to Reno in the ffVII tournment lol :D

Ultima Shadow
07-15-2004, 03:34 PM
I voted for him for one reason, because it reminded me of the early Hill Gigas, and those guys were cool. If he makes it past the first round(highly doubt it) he won't make it past th next round.
Oh, ok... so you HAD a reason. Well, for a moment I thougth it was the curse... :eek:
But Fiends and c:o is far better FF1 comebacks.

aeris2001x2
07-15-2004, 03:42 PM
lol i,m sure HillGigas has as much chance of being in the top six of ffIX boss tournment as Cait Sith winning an ffVII character tournment :D...ok i,m being nice...

aeris2001x2
07-17-2004, 05:20 PM
ok the ffIX round one results r in...

Ozma(*1) V obliterates the Nova Dragon into mashed potatos 7-0.

When Necron(*2) can win 7-0 without getting anywhere near grand cross u just know his opponent was a weed

Kuja(*3) beats on his minion with ease 7-0

Beatrix(*4) and Quale provide the first true battle of the ffIX tournment. in the end Quale just had no defense against her instant win move the little cheater! a 4-3 victory to the hot minx.

the legendary weapon maker Hades(*5) takes out his fellow optional boss colleague with ease. judgement sword and curse ensure his 6-1 win.

i dont know how Sea lion survived Deathguise(*6) initial attack but 5-2 win 4 deathguise seems about right.

Gizumuluke must have tranced big time to have touched Ark, but the results dont lie, Gizumuluke has won 5-2.

Black Waltz 3 cant really lose to a prototype of himself. 6-1 victory.

Raruvaimaago edges himself past 4-3. who will whoop him in the next round?

Garland only has to use stop to beat the idolt Amarant but no-mercy did some damage first. 5-2 to the dungeon master.

Darhka had an initial lead but the 2nd black waltz came back strong to win 4-3. he hopes he dont meet the third in the next round

Zorn loses to himself and Thorn 5-2, though hes trying to work out how this fight could have been physically possible

the first 7-0 win in ages. well done Kraken, though beating Raruvaraava is not exactly an acheivement

4-3 Lani win against the powerful dragon, though she is not attractive so i,m not sure why.

6-1 win 4 the Silver dragon though i suspect a certain organ based song helped him...

another impressive result for a fiend, 6-1 to the *hott*(as ultima would say) Maralith

6-1 to the lifa tree guardian (am i the only one who lost to him first time cause of lv 5 death?)

wow that was a titantic battle between the elemental fiends. skeltal against Hydra...but its Tiamat who will be going home early, though with no shame, a 4-3 victory to Lich

ok the second rounds begin. i,ll admit i screwed up earlier with the organising. so to compansate, the 6 seeds will progress automaticulary to the third round and the remaining 12 will battle now in the second round to earn the right 2 join them. the second round draw is...

Raruvaimaago V Garland

Silver dragon V Black Waltz 3

Lich V Soulcage

Meldi Gemini V Gizumuluke

Kraken V Maralith/Kray

Lani V Black Waltz 2

thank u 4 votes ppl. deadline wed 12am

Flashback007
07-17-2004, 07:58 PM
My votes go to:
Garland

Black Waltz 3

Lich

Gizumuluke

Maralith/Kray

Black Waltz 2

Ultima Shadow
07-17-2004, 08:36 PM
Garland! Reason: Well, Garland is Garland and Garland is in FF1 too... and that's cool. Villain comeback!

Black Waltz 3! Reason: He's just so frigging cool + the FMVs.

Lich! Reason: He is still the coolest boss in the game.

Meldi Gemini! Reason: Funnier battle + Zorn and Torn fusion is sooooo cooooool.

Maralith/Kray! Reason: Yea, she really is the "hotest" boss in the game. :D

Black Waltz 2! Reason: No good reason but I just don't like Lani.

Zifnab
07-17-2004, 08:53 PM
Garland

Black Waltz 3

Lich

Gizamaluke

Maralith/Kary

Lani

Lord Chainsaw
07-18-2004, 03:21 AM
Bah! Hill Gigas lost. That's BS. It's not worth voting in any more...

Not that I voted in it to begin with, but still.

Ultima Shadow
07-18-2004, 10:47 AM
Bah! Hill Gigas lost. That's BS. It's not worth voting in any more...

Not that I voted in it to begin with, but still.
You'r scary. :eek:

SpiritWolf
07-18-2004, 09:42 PM
My votes

Garland

Silver dragon

Soulcage

Gizumuluke

Maralith/Kray

Lani

Rase
07-19-2004, 07:45 AM
*Just notices thread*

Garland

Silver dragon

Lich

Meldi Gemini

Maralith/Kray

Lani

aeris2001x2
07-21-2004, 12:10 PM
and so the second round results are...

as i said before, Raruvaimaago was just fodder. so no surprise with Garland winning 7-0. i bet he just used stop again the cheap ass...

the Beautiful and graceful Silver Dragon defeats the Last Waltz in a 4-3 thriller. ahhh divine organ music...

Soul cage and Lich r both undead. but Lich does not go down with a phoenix down. nuff said...6-1 win to Lich.

in this battle of giant monster freaks, Meldi Gemini is flattened 5-2 by Gizumuluke and we wonder, could a boss so boring get in to the finals?

and while this Kraken was a bit harder then his ffI and ffIII counter parts, Maralith/Kray has only got more and more ravishing :love: 6-1 roasting.

and the battle of the no-hopers, as black Waltz surpasses the third with a 4-3 win over Lani, realising he has no chance in the next round.

ok the third and final ffIX tournment round matches are as follows...

Ozma(*1) V Lich

Necron(*2) V Maralith/Kray

Kuja(*3) V Garland

Beatrix(*4) V Gizumuluke

Hades(*5) V Silver Dragon

Deathguise(*6) V Black Waltz 2

deadline is saturday 12am. thanks for voting ppl...

Ultima Shadow
07-21-2004, 12:28 PM
Lich! Reason: Argh... this one is hard. But Lich is my fav... he's just to cool. :D

Necron(*2)! Reason: Another hard one. This one's EVEN whorse. But I guess Maralith/Kray was to "hot" for my taste. And Necrons battle is one of my fav final boss battles.

Kuja(*3)! Reason: Well, I like Kuja more and after all, Kuja really DID kill Garland.

Gizumuluke! Reason: The most boring boss V the boss I hate the most? Oh, my god! Ok, maybe Gizumuluke actually MAKE IT to the finals?

Silver Dragon! Reason: Another hard one, both with special music... but I go with the supreme Dragon.

Deathguise(*6)! Reason: And so the last Black Waltz meet his end. If 3 couldn't make it, then 2 can't as well. And Deathguise really looks cool.

Rase
07-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Lich

Maralith/Kray

Kuja

Beatrix

Hades

Deathguise

Flashback007
07-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Ozma(*1) (Noway he could be beaten by Lich)

Necron(*2) (Look to the first answer, only then Kary/marilith

Kuja(*3)

Gizumuluke (This guy is so much more annoying then Beatrix)

Hades(*5)

Black Waltz 2 (Death Guise, is a piece of cake)

Polyonymous
07-23-2004, 01:44 AM
Lich (looks cool)
Necron (again, looks cool)
Kuja (so much stronger than garland)
Beatrix (she is just better)
Silver Dragon (cause its SILVER!!)
Deathguise (Black Waltz wouldnt stand a chance)

SpiritWolf
07-23-2004, 06:34 AM
Ozma(*1)

Necron(*2)

Kuja(*3)

Gizumuluke

Silver Dragon

Deathguise(*6)

Zifnab
07-23-2004, 08:35 AM
Lich

Maralith/Kray

Garland

Beatrix(*4)

Hades(*5)

Deathguise(*6)

aeris2001x2
07-24-2004, 12:35 AM
ok, and the ffIX boss tournment final round results are...

another shock like in the ffVII boss tournment. the top seed, Ozma(*1) is defeated 5-3 by the earth fiend Lich.

though the final boss has no such problems with the attractive seduction of Maralith, Necron(*2) winning 5-3.

wow, what a piece of ****. Kuja(*3) whooping his master 7-1, though he did it 8-0 in the actual game.

Gizumuluke gave it his all, but the powers and assets of Beatrix(*4) ensure her safe passage to the finals with a 5-3 win.

ANOTHER 5-3 match, this time going to the seed Hades(*5) over the majestic Silver Dragon.

guess what the score was :confused: 5-3 win to Deathguise(*6)

wow all the seeds made it except the top one!

ok the finalists are

Necron
Kuja
Beatrix
Hades
Deathguise
Lich

i,m very grateful for the votes as always :D The finals come ever closer...

Ultima Shadow
07-24-2004, 12:42 AM
YEA! Lich made it!
Only FFV remains...

aeris2001x2
07-24-2004, 12:49 AM
unfornately that may take a bit of time, more then u would expect. but i,ll get it done eventually. and i know exactly how i,m structuring the finals, so they will be on days after the ffV qualifying tournment.

Ultima Shadow
07-24-2004, 12:54 AM
Ah, no problem. The FFX isn't finished yet. By the way... how's it going with Omega and Shinryuu in FFV.
Ever seriously tried?

aeris2001x2
07-24-2004, 01:38 AM
nope, i can barely beat Neo-X-death. i,m like lv 38-40 so i,m definitly replaying, though i know Gogo's secret now :D

Lord Chainsaw
07-25-2004, 01:40 AM
Awww, Necron beat Malaris? That's not cool. A snaky woman of seduction that comes out of nowhere is so much cooler than a big blue guy that comes out of nowhere.

SpiritWolf
07-25-2004, 02:17 AM
'm dissapointed that Gizamaluke and Silver Dragon did not advance :( . Not quite as dissapointed as when Dark Nation lost in the FF VII tournament though