PDA

View Full Version : How much time on the net?

White Raven
07-13-2004, 04:13 PM
I go on aboot 1-2 hours each morning, mostly because there isn't anything good on TV or I'm not fully awake yet. I check a few sites, post here for a bit and casually chat it up with my friends.

So how much of your day do you spend on your arse using the net? Please include if it includes online gaming, chatting and etc...

escobert
07-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Like 8 hours or so a day

Rusty
07-13-2004, 04:45 PM
I'll usually go on for a couple hours before bed, or if theres nothing exciting happening during the day I'll go on. I just chat with all my friends, read fan fiction, post here or check out some of my other favourite sites and download music.

Xander
07-13-2004, 04:52 PM
Usually I'm at college so I'll be using the net a bit in the day for my work, and then I'll go on in the evening, sometimes I'll just have it on all evening.

At the moment since it's the holidays I just use it whenever I feel like it, in the morning, or evening, or middle of the day, for as long as I feel like or depending on what I want to do. Since I got broadband it's been easy enough just to leave the net on most of the time.

Also at the workplace I'm at right now I'm on the net alll day for 8 and a half hours.

Loony BoB
07-13-2004, 05:34 PM
Let's see. 30 minutes before work. 4 hours of my work would be spent online, be it for work or "work." Then I get home and there's another potential... hmm. 7pm average home time... 5 hours 'til midnight... 1 hour after... yeah, I'd say about 6 hours. So that's 10:30 out of my 24 hours alive each day. I have access to the internet for 21-22 hours of my day - two to three hours a day is spent travelling to and from work. 6 hours is spent sleeping. So realistically I guess I'm able to jump online for up to 16 hours a day. Whoop.

EDIT: Maximum 20 hours a day in the weekend, but there's no way I'm doing that. I'd say I spend about half of my weekend online, the other half sleeping, watching TV etc.

Armisael
07-13-2004, 05:59 PM
i spend 1-2 hours the most because here in greece we pay for it. :mad: .my sister told me that some other countries have free internet.is this really true?

escobert
07-13-2004, 06:02 PM
free internet!? whoa I wanna move there.

Burtsplurt
07-13-2004, 06:03 PM
0-2 hours on weekday nights. Usually 1-3 on a weekend day, depending on just how bored I am!

I use the internet a lot less since I started working.

War Angel
07-13-2004, 06:05 PM
I spend a few good hours online, each day.

my sister told me that some other countries have free internet.is this really true?
No such thing. However, most people don't pay by the hour - people that spend hours online every day pay once a month (say, 30$ or so), and they can stay online for as long as they wish. Broadband, obviously.

Rainecloud
07-13-2004, 06:06 PM
I spend about an hour browsing EoFF in the mornings before I go to work, usually because there's nothing else to do. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings I can spend up to three hours posting here, that is unless I'm going out somewhere with friends (which doesn't happen all that often). Tuesday and Thursday evenings are reserved for my religious meetings, so I only post here for about half an hour on those particular nights. At weekends, I browse whenever I like.

And yes, I do use the Internet for things besides EoFF, but not all that often. I usually switch between EoFF and whatever else I might be doing at the time (VGMix, OCRemix, Wrestling News, Retro Gaming and whatnot).

Loony BoB
07-13-2004, 11:28 PM
There is such thing as free internet - my family had it when I left and I wouldn't be surprised if they still do have it. This new ISP started up way back when the internet was just getting into it's stride as a home-PC thing, and my Dad got a CD for it in the mail asking for us to join them instead of all the others. Back then it was a battle for users more than anything and Z-Free, the ISP my Dad got, never ended up changing our package to a pay-system. We were very lucky. I'm not sure if they ever got it changed after I left, though. But yay for Z-Free and yay for free internet - something that is completely impossible to get nowadays because ISP's don't do those kind of promos anymore.

Yamaneko
07-13-2004, 11:33 PM
When I go to school? 2-3 hours a day
Weekdays? 5-8 hours a day
Weekends? 5-12 hours a day

I don't like to, I just have nothing better to do. It's my fault entirely of course.

Proxy
07-13-2004, 11:36 PM
as long as i am able to, i'm on

nik0tine
07-13-2004, 11:41 PM
i spend to much time on the internet.

Giggles
07-13-2004, 11:45 PM
Me too, nik0tine. Me too.

kikimm
07-13-2004, 11:54 PM
Way, way, way too much. Basically, my arse just moves from my computer chair, to the one right in front of the ps2. *bows*

:D

square_is_the_best
07-13-2004, 11:59 PM
1-2 hours.

Heh I git the net for $6 dollars a month Narrowband and only 150 hours a month. Can't overdo it. Plus my sister spends some time ont he net too. So I gotta give in sometimes. I'm not complaining. She doesn't have videogames. :p

Jebus
07-14-2004, 12:10 AM
I spend every waking moment online. So about 12 hours a day.

Kirobaito
07-14-2004, 12:12 AM
Too much. 6-10 hours a day, most likely. I spend 10 sleeping, and probably 4 just not on, so probably about 10 hours a day.

Del Murder
07-14-2004, 01:38 AM
5, 10 minutes at the most.