PDA

View Full Version : What's your favourite position...

White Raven
07-13-2004, 04:21 PM
...and setting when playing video games?

I have my two TV's set up beside each other (So I can watch TV whilst I play), a 2 person 'love seat' 5 feet away from the TV's, a small table beside me and my stereo right behind me. All in th comfort of my bedroom. Sometimes, depending on the game, I listen to music while I play. I enjoy having all the lights off and a fan blowing right at me. Having all of this just makes my gaming experience that more entertaining for some reason. :)

So how do you game it up?

Erdrick Holmes
07-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Well my PS2, XBox and Dreamcast are set up alongside the TV on a shelf above my bed. I just play while lying on the bed or sitting on my computer chair. I think this is a bad idea because sometimes when I go to bed I forget to unplug the XBox controllers and I end up rolling over them, tugging on the cord and having the XBox fall on me.

square_is_the_best
07-13-2004, 11:16 PM
On the floor, where I can stretch out. I used to strain my neck to look up at the TV which is 5 feet off the ground. But I'm used to it now. I need a TV in my room. I like your set up White Raven. Sounds relaxing.

kikimm
07-13-2004, 11:22 PM
*pout*. I have to sit on the uncomfortable couch in the tv room. I's not very fun. I wish I had a tv in my room, but my parents already hate the fact that I'm in there so much already, they'll never give me one. I wish I was an only child. That way I wouldn't have to wait 2 hours for 'my turn'. Lame.

:D

Del Murder
07-14-2004, 01:31 AM
Sitting on a couch or bed in a nice well ventilated private area.

escobert
07-14-2004, 01:40 AM
I sit in my old crappy falling aprt green chair. But i't soooooo comfertable. and I have my TV about 5-5.5 ft away. I usually play with the lights off and a candle or something like that since I usually play late at night.

Shoeberto
07-14-2004, 02:20 AM
Black leather bean bag chair in front of the entertaintment center in my room. Been that way for years. Love it.

White Raven
07-14-2004, 01:14 PM
I like your set up White Raven. Sounds relaxing.

Oh, it very is indeed. I've accidently fallen asleep a few times there whilst playing. :p

Polaris
07-14-2004, 01:36 PM
On my bed, layed and my PS and T.V. in one feet of my bed.

square_is_the_best
07-14-2004, 11:35 PM
Black leather bean bag chair in front of the entertaintment center in my room. Been that way for years. Love it.

I get it! :lol: been(bean)...thats good

chu52
07-14-2004, 11:47 PM
exactly heaven does exsit somewhere between a bean bag chair and a squaresoft game

The Shoeless Hobo
07-16-2004, 03:59 AM
Whilist playing my PS2 or Xbox I'm either lying in bed or sitting on top of it. I would love it if my room had enough room for a couch. :p

Triple T
07-20-2004, 02:06 PM
I have a round chair that I can kinda lay in. I sit on that, get something I can put my feet on, and get a pillow to put my head on. Volume really high, bedroom door closed. Privacy and I'm comfortable. :p

m4tt
07-20-2004, 02:38 PM
Either on my bed, or on my computer chair. My TV is on top of my dresser, which is about 4 feet off the ground. The computer chair isn't always the best choice, since it's kinda sideways to the TV, but it works when I have friends over. I normally just lay back on my bed and play that way.

fire_of_avalon
07-20-2004, 05:13 PM
My TV is right across from my bed on some kind of stand and my PS2 is under it. It works well, I can lounge on my bed and play games. Like some kind of gaming goddess. I'm bored today :D

Amnesiac
07-20-2004, 05:37 PM
From behi...

Oh. >_>;;

My tv is set up 2 feet from my computer, so I can play videogames/watch tv and sit at the computer until my hearts content. ;P

Loony BoB
07-20-2004, 05:56 PM
There are six positions for me. It all depends on my mood, and my body-mood. And what I'm eating, if anything. Three are for when in the lounge and three for when on my computer in my room. As most of my gaming is done on the PS2 in the lounge, I will concentrate on these positions.

Lounge Positions
Kicking Back On The Couch - The KBOTC position requires a couhc of BoBflatesque proportions (tall arms, say a foot above the base-cushions of the two-seater couch), a decent sized yet soft cushion (so I can mould it to my back) and a lack of bad back. The couch can be found here (http://www.aiyon.com/myflat/lounge1.jpg), although the picture is quite frankly awful. To assume the KBOTC position, one would place the cushion against the arm of the couch furthest from the television and lie back so that one's shoulders/upper back were resting on said cushion. One would then place one's feet on the opposite couch-arm. The controller of the PS2 would be held or relaxed anywhere below the ribcage and above the knee, depending on what one found comfortable.

Down On The Ground - The DOTG position is well known in all households. There are two major variations, one being DOTG-OYS (On Your Side) and the other being DOTG-OYE (On Your Elbows). It is often wise to consider the texture of the ground when taking this position. There are some surfaces where one or both of the positions are not reccomended for long (or short, in some cases) periods of time.
OYS - One would lie down on the ground on one's side. While this does lack the "E" that OYE has, this does not mean that elbows are not involved. The side that you are resting on would be raise off the ground and propped up on one elbow. The length of this arm between the elbow and the wrist would be relaxed along the ground, generally perpendicular or diagonally away and in front of one's body. The other arm would relax down in front of one's body and the hands should be close enough together so as to hold the PS2 controller.
OYE - One would lie down this time not on one's side but rather with one's buttocks facing away from the ground and chest facing towards the ground. One would then prop one's upper body up from the ground using both elbows, with the length of one's arms from elbow to wrist relaxed on the ground in front of one's self. The hands should hold the controller in front of one's body.

Sitting On A Chair At The Table - The SOACATT position is especially useful if one is eating or drinking something that has a high possibility of spillage, such as cup'a'soup or (my personal main reason) two minute noodles. One must position themselves on a seat close to a table while ensuring the seat is facing towards the television, which ideally should cause the direction of sight to be at a tangent from the table (assuming one's table is circular, like it should be). One can then find a suitable holding position for their controller, be it resting on their lap or hovering in mid-air in front of their torso. Some people may prefer to rest one elbow on the table.

I hope these positions will be of use to you in the future.

Amnesiac
07-20-2004, 06:15 PM
... You actually sat there and wrote all of that... oO;;

Such willpower... xD

Proxy
07-30-2004, 12:31 AM
I sit, or lay out on my bed while gaming. kinda dangerous cause my bed is really comfy, so I fall asleep playing games regularily (sp?)
this results in my FFX file being 504+hours long X_x

Raistlin
07-30-2004, 01:56 AM
... You actually sat there and wrote all of that... oO;;

Such willpower... xD
It's BooB. He's weird like that. You'll get used to it. Or not, and just be freaked out daily.

Anyway, I usually sit at the foot of my bed, sometimes with tons of pillows stacked up behind me to lean back on. Occasionally I'll just lie down and play. If I have friends over, the computer chair is taken advantage of(I need a better computer chair, btw).