PDA

View Full Version : CD Burner Trouble

LionHart
07-14-2004, 12:21 AM
My cd burner is messed up and I was wondering if it was something simple. Whenever I put in a blank CD it doesn't read it. I can hear it spinning, but it just keeps speeding up and slowing down. It will read a regular cd, but not a blank. Occasionally it will read a blank and I can start to burn, but shortly into the burn process it freezes up thus causing me to restart my computer so I can open the drive and get the CD out. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong? Anything is appreciated. Thanks! :)

Erdrick Holmes
07-14-2004, 05:31 PM
What burning software are you using?

Yrkoon
07-14-2004, 08:58 PM
might just be that the make of cdr's you are using are not compatible with the writer.

LionHart
07-14-2004, 10:45 PM
I'm using Easy CD Creator 4, and this problem didn't occur until I bought some cheap Sony CD-Rs. But I bought Maxell CD-R <i>DATA BLACK</i> and it won't burn on those either. It would read those occasionally as well (this is another type of CD-Rs i've never used). I don't know what kind of CD burner I have because it came with the computer. I don't know who makes it. I will try some of the CD-Rs I have used before and see if they work.

Yrkoon
07-16-2004, 02:51 AM
let us know if they work :)

LionHart
09-16-2004, 04:23 AM
Well, i finally took the initiative to go out and waste some more money on blank CD-Rs hoping that it was the brand. Well, it wasn't. I bought some TDKs which haven't caused me problems before and it won't them either. Does anyone know what is wrong with my CD Burner??

crono_logical
09-16-2004, 10:26 AM
Might be old and knackered and requiring replacing :p

stesia
09-16-2004, 01:39 PM
are you sure the drive is the problem ? my drive went crazy once but the computer was the problem i had a virus on it and all though i had removed it had damaged a lot of important files

Lindy
09-16-2004, 02:22 PM
I think the fact that you're using Easy CD Creator is a clear problem.

I had version 5, and it couldn't even read 700mb discs, or even most brands of disc.

It's crap, uninstall it, AND most importantly delete all it's extra files and all it's drivers and so on, because they persist after uninstallation of the program, and just really really mess up any future CD burning software.

Invest in something good like Nero Burning Rom or WinOnCD.

crono_logical
09-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Easy CD Creator is fine in my computers after I install patches from the Roxio site to update it's drive database to recognise my writers - it's only crap once you try and remove it (which is probably a bad sign in itself :p ) because it leaves bits and pieces of itself behind after the uninstall :p

LionHart
09-19-2004, 05:55 AM
I fixed my problem. I bought a new CD burner. Thanks for the help. :D