PDA

View Full Version : Kimahri

Blank
07-14-2004, 01:42 AM
does anybody realize that Kimahri was like the Dragon Knight or Dragoon of FFX? he had a lance, and he had a jump attack, and lancet. and he was an animal person.
in IX, Freya was the Dragoon, she had a spear, jump, and Lancer attack, and she was an animal person. i dont remember if any of the first game dragon knights were animals but yeah..kimahri fits the profile to me.

(the lancet and lancer attacks both obsorbed HP and MP of enemy)

Dragoon Kain
07-14-2004, 03:10 AM
first dragoon was in ff2 and his name was richard. and to my knowledge he didnt have jump and was better with a sword than a spear but i havent played all the way thorugh 2 though so i dont know for sure. next there was a dragoon jobclass in 3 and it had a dragoon and i think it had jump. 4 there was KAIN!!! woo best dragoon ever. yea he had jump (and the coolest armor too :) ) then there was a jobclass in 5 (bartz looks like kain :)) 6 there was dragoon boots n stuff but i dont think that counts 7 there was cid who had jump limit breaks and a spear and 9 had freya and 10 kimahri

ShivaBlizzard8
07-14-2004, 03:12 AM
I agree that Kimhari is the closest thing that X has to a Dragoon, although other than Freya, I believe all previous FF dragon knights were human. The spears and the beloved "jump" ability solidify him into that catagory. However, the Lancet skills put him under the Blue Mage catagory as well - someone who can learn attacks from enemies.

Blank
07-14-2004, 03:24 AM
yeah i was thinking how kimahri was also like a blue magician for those, but his lancet ability also obsorbed HP and MP as did Freya's Lancer ability.
did any of the earlier dragoons have HP/MP obsorbing attacks?
even without having the actual name 'Dragoon', i would say every FF game has one of their own character like that. just as every game has chocobo stuff. and maybe every game has a blue mage too. obviously all of them have black and white mages.

i believe blue magic is the enemies attacks
and red magic is a mix of black and white

is that right?

-N-
07-14-2004, 06:25 AM
does anybody realize that Kimahri was like the Dragon Knight or Dragoon of FFX? he had a lance, and he had a jump attack, and lancet. and he was an animal person.
in IX, Freya was the Dragoon, she had a spear, jump, and Lancer attack, and she was an animal person. i dont remember if any of the first game dragon knights were animals but yeah..kimahri fits the profile to me.

(the lancet and lancer attacks both obsorbed HP and MP of enemy)

OMG LIEK U R TEH GENIUS!!!111one

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-14-2004, 08:58 AM
I think we've been through this before. Khimari and the other's aren't actual dragoons, they just have the attributes of them.

ShivaBlizzard8
07-14-2004, 08:02 PM
i believe blue magic is the enemies attacks
and red magic is a mix of black and white

is that right?

Well, right, although I haven't seen an FF since 5 which had characters who are exclusively blue or red mages. Instead, like Behold the Void said, the new characters just have attributes of those job classes. For instance as far as blue magic goes, the Enemy Skill materia in FF7 allowed any equipped character to learn enemy attacks, Quistis can learn enemy attacks from items in FF8, and in FF10 any character (not just Kimhari) can learn Lancet on the Sphere Grid, so technically they all could be considered Blue Mages.

Red Mages have seemed to have gone completely out of style however, given that they were simply characters who could use *gasp* BOTH black and white magic. However, given the custom-based characters rather than the job-based characters the newer FFs have, pretty much any character can use both magics, rendering the red mage obsolete.

Dragoon Kain
07-14-2004, 08:58 PM
on 10 if you give lancet to someone else wont it just steal hp/mp instead of a move since they wouldnt have the overdrive to use it?

ShivaBlizzard8
07-16-2004, 01:22 AM
Whoops - yeah, you're right. I hadn't thought about that. LOL. :p

Del Murder
07-17-2004, 05:35 PM
I'd say Quina and Freya are as blue mage and dragoon as you get. Don't judge based on appearances!