PDA

View Full Version : FF1 I need help plz

UltimateSpamGrover
07-14-2004, 04:16 AM
I just went into the waterfall and got this water cube thingy, and the guy said something about Tiamat, where do I go to fight Tiamat?

Martyr
07-14-2004, 04:17 AM
Go where the Cube takes you.

UltimateSpamGrover
07-14-2004, 04:20 AM
that was helpful, thank you (sarcastic)

ITS A DEAD END

Martyr
07-14-2004, 04:24 AM
Um...

Who told you about the cube? Did you just find it?

If nobody told you to get the cube, then you don't need it yet. It'll just be handy when some robot says, "You need the cube for passage to the Sky Castle."

And if you want more direct answers, read a walkthrough. I thought I was only here to give you small hints.
If I were you, I'd be hunting squid right now. But you may have already done that. How about, I dunno... Reading about my location.

UltimateSpamGrover
07-14-2004, 04:32 AM
I went to LUPA already!!!!!

Martyr
07-14-2004, 04:34 AM
Can you understand anything they say yet?

Any idea what sort of smartass might know if you don't? Have you been swimming with the mermaids yet?

Flying Mullet
07-14-2004, 03:09 PM
Martyr is trying to help you without giving away any of the plot or spoilers if you haven't gotten that far yet.

So let's take this apporach. Grover, how far are you in the game, i.e. which fiends have you defeated?

UltimateSpamGrover
07-14-2004, 08:13 PM
I've defeated 2 fiends

EDIT:
Lich and Marilith (I think the name is) ,

I'm trying to find the water boss (I thought it was Tiamat)

Flying Mullet
07-14-2004, 08:32 PM
You need to defeat the fiend of water first before you fight Tiamat.

DJZen
07-14-2004, 09:07 PM
The Warp Cube is not yet useful to you, and just in case you wanted to know, the name of the second fiend is Marilith. Or Kary if you're playing the NES version, which you aren't.

Martyr
07-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Actually, you can fight Tiamat first if you really want to. It's just inconvenient for you to do so.

I mean, just so you know. If you're hellbent on using that cube as soon as possible.

UltimateSpamGrover
07-14-2004, 10:47 PM
I thought Tiamat was the water boss, well, where do you fight the Water Boss?

Mr. Graves
07-14-2004, 10:56 PM
To Find the Water Boss, aka Kraken: You go to one of the few towns to the north. I could be in Gaia, but I'm not sure as I've not played to that part yet. You travel to an underwater temple within the town, where you can fight Kraken, and get that crystal. I do believe there's a floor where Mermaids drop hints about now to reach the Sky Castle.

Martyr
07-15-2004, 02:58 AM
It's in Onrac. That isn't a spoiler, mostly, because there is no point in the game where that name is mentioned.
It's only recognized throughout the world as the name of the town because... Well, I don't know. Some people claim that it is in the original map in the nes cartridge, but that's bneen missing for so many years that I can only assume that they're not lying. (Which they might be. Bastards! The world is out to get me, but don't you worry. My vengeance is coming. Yes... It is coming.)

UltimateSpamGrover
07-16-2004, 01:46 PM
ok I beat Kraken, now how do I get to Tiamat, and where is he?

Flying Mullet
07-16-2004, 03:38 PM
You get to Tiamat by going to the Mirage Tower in the large desert up north.

Dragonfire
07-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Why is it inconvenient to go to tiamat first? Because Kraken and the Slab are on two different path from the surface. So it's not like you have to back track thru the same place to get to Kraken.

Martyr
07-17-2004, 10:20 AM
Yeah. Why would you go into the water dungeon, get the slab and say, "Well. Let's not kill the fiend of water, but, instead, go off and figure out how to kill Tiamat. Then we can come back HERE before we can beat the game.

Nah. Take 10 minutes instead of an extra 45, it never hurts.

desh
07-17-2004, 06:07 PM
Yah, but all the good stuff is on the way to Tiamat.

Martyr
07-17-2004, 07:15 PM
Well... If ou feel the need to come back to Kraken with the Thors Hammer, Excalibur, Sun Sword, and Katana, then fine. I guess you could just open a can of whoop-ass on all the water monsters. But the por chaotic killers... They won't stand a chance. It doesn't sound like a Light warriorish thing to do. Cheat and come back with ultraweapon death upon the pathetic ghosts of the deep.

Dragonfire
07-17-2004, 10:38 PM
Nah. Take 10 minutes instead of an extra 45, it never hurts.

where's this extra 35 minutes coming from? you go down like 4 -5 lvls to get the slab, and come back up. I mean you usually go for the slab first anyway, because it makes no sense to get the Opal stuff, AFTER you fight Kraken. Now you have the choice to go to the other stairwell to get to Kraken or you can go after Tiamat. You have to do all the same events anyway. I mean I guess the walk back to the surface from lvl 1, and then coming back to that spot will take an extra 3 minutes, but definitely not 35.

and about stocking up on better items, like excalibur, thor, etc. well hell yeah! what's not to like about completely annihilating the last fiend you have to fight. hell, I'd wait till I had the Masamune if i could. Besides, I don't even kill Kary till I beat both Kraken and Tiamat. I even get class change before I even get the airship.

Martyr
07-18-2004, 01:04 AM
Kinda takes the fun uot of a would-be challenging game, doesn't it?

desh
07-18-2004, 08:38 AM
you can't get class change before you get airship, but you can get all the goodies from castle of ordeals before you get airship, zeus gauntlet, heal staff, ice sword, etc.

Martyr
07-18-2004, 03:30 PM
And that Zeus gauntlet is invaluable too.

Edit:
Hmm... Does anybody know why that dude in the castle or ordeals will only let the people posessing the crown pass? It isn't like it's hard to obtain. You already have the crown by that time, and you can't get there without a crown.
I mean, what's the deal? Why even have that dude there?

Dragonfire
07-18-2004, 07:18 PM
sorry thats what i meant, i go to the castle of ordeals and get everything including the rat tail, before the airship.

Kinda takes the fun uot of a would-be challenging game, doesn't it?

well, i find a game to be more fun when it's not completely linear. besides, even the original manual cuts out after the airship... which is the last linear part of the game... except for the final place, i guess