PDA

View Full Version : Comic Ideas

FallenSilence
07-14-2004, 09:35 AM
Does anyone have any ideas for a violent anime-style comic?
I have the characters, but am lacking a story.
Thanks! :)

nik0tine
07-14-2004, 09:41 AM
anything post apocolyptic is cool to me. i dont know why though. or it could ahve to do with insanity or something. whatever it is, make it warped or sadistic or something and i will think its pretty cool (that is, if you do a good job) i dont know about everyone else though, and i dont know how well that would go with anime, seeing as how i am not interested in anime and know nothing about it. but if you can make it work, all the better.

tomothy
07-20-2004, 02:12 PM
i had this dream where these people in uniform were chasing me through a desert and i was totally scared out of my head and all cut and bleeding and didn't have any shoes on... and they were shooting at me and stuff... then when they caught me i discovered i was a mass murderer and had some kind of mental condition and they were the authorities putting me in an institution or somfin... and i had no recollection of the events.

i was like eep, and woke up in a cold sweat during the night. was cool though :mad:

you could fill in the blanks and fix the plot :confused:

Baloki
07-20-2004, 06:10 PM
Maybe post the characters and we can have a stab at it :D

FallenSilence
07-21-2004, 12:47 PM
Right. I've got a ninja called Tai Shenwan. At the start his town is burned down and his girlfriend is killed by an evil army called the Dark Guard. His friend is a mage called Mecrion. I also have a young warrior girl who they rescue from an Dark Guard camp and an ex-assassin.
Can't post the drawings, sorry. :D

Ouch!
07-22-2004, 04:31 AM
I really, really, really suggest that you don't involve the main character's home being burned down right at the beginning. His girlfriend being killed as well is a little weak. The Dark Guard as well. They're all so clichéd it isn't even funny.

I forgot where I heard the comment, but it stands true. "Whenever I hear about the shadow lord living on mount doom, I can only laugh." Dark lords, dark guards, anything like that is extremely over-used an rehashed. As stated earlier, the same applies to the burning village and loss of a loved one right at the beginning of the story.

As for any suggestions of what could happen, I would suggest to make it deep and thought provoking. Don't make it just some good guy versus bad guy thing. Make your characters and plot believable, but not bland. Things can be interesting without making it insane.

Though, you can go the route of having things make absolutely no sense until it's all tied in at the end and everything makes sense. Confusing your audience will hook them into continuing so that they can understand what's going on.

I like Tomothy's suggestion, myself. Dreams are always a good source of creativity, and his dream isn't lacking in that department. A main character running from someone and he doesn't know why. When he's caught, he learns why he was being chased and has to learn to live with what he did. But before he can do that, he has to escape, go berserk and turn to his dark side.

nik0tine
07-22-2004, 04:38 AM
i have an idea, why dont you make the main character the bad guys? you almost enver see anything like that? right...?

StarlightAngel
08-02-2004, 10:51 PM
The main character could be a demon. He could be fighting with the angels or somethin'.