PDA

View Full Version : The "rediculous tickets" thread

§håd0w
07-14-2004, 04:07 PM
Ok, I've looked over all the times I've got tickets or pulled over/searched in my short 16 years and 7 months of living, and here are the most rediculous events.
Reckless driving (2 miles over the posted speed limit) *
Driving too slow ^
Reaching into my inside coat pocket to pull out my passport at the airport ^
Searched for concealed weapons and drugs at the airport (same day) ^
Skating 50 feet to my grandparents house after getting some food. *
Possessing too much money and a rather large wallet at the car dealership. ^
Having a 2 utility knife on my keys at the Empire State Building after I told them I had it, and asked them to hold it until I was ready to leave ^ and almost arrested.
Driving through a neighborhood where street racing was taking place, and getting charged with illegal street racing. ^ * #
Looking suspicious and wearing too much black on Halloween

^ = Pulled over and/or searched.
* = Pulled over and ticketed
# = Pulled over and arrested.

Has anyone else had some rediculous tickets they would like to share with us? These just happen to be the dumbest things I've been pulled over for.

Shlup
07-14-2004, 05:34 PM
I've never been pulled over or nuthin'. I should, but I never have been. :)

Agent Proto
07-14-2004, 05:38 PM
I got pulled over once for speeding on the highway. :rolleyes2 go figure when 98% of the cars on the highway go faster then the speed limit

Rainecloud
07-14-2004, 06:00 PM
I can't actually drive, so no, I've never received any tickets.

Once I start driving (which won't be long), I'll probably be swamped with them.

Logan
07-14-2004, 06:34 PM
I can't actually drive, so no, I've never received any tickets.
Yep.

chu52
07-14-2004, 06:50 PM
ehmm, once a while back i accidently hit a fire alarm and it fell down signiling.
I appoligized and was forgiven by the school, fire department,parents but still some j*ckass of a principle who pressed charges long story short 4 months probation and 24 hr community service

OneWingedAngel89
07-14-2004, 07:01 PM
u know how fire alarms have that keyhole on them, well, he thought you needed a key to pull it...

chu52
07-14-2004, 07:02 PM
my keyblade was in my locker

Kirobaito
07-14-2004, 07:45 PM
I've never gotten a ticket in 1 1/2 months of driving. I must be a great driver then. >.< Though I consistently go 5-10 over the speed limit.

Erdrick Holmes
07-14-2004, 07:46 PM
My friend Steven got a ticket for having the light on in the inside of his van.

War Angel
07-14-2004, 08:31 PM
I have a clean record, mainly because stupid things like the ones you mentioned don't happen here.

Also, I'm a good boy. :)

Del Murder
07-15-2004, 01:23 AM
I got pulled over once for running a stop sign and also speeding. I will admit that I was doing both, but I only got cited for the stop sign.

§håd0w
07-15-2004, 01:30 AM
Heh, that's happened to a lot of people I ride with. But I still think being charged with reckless driving, when I was only 2 miles over the posted speed limit is a bit stupid.

Del Murder
07-15-2004, 01:33 AM
Well, were you swerving violently/hitting mailboxes at the time?

Yamaneko
07-15-2004, 01:39 AM
I've never been pulled over. A shirtless guy on a moped followed me for a few miles once.

Del Murder
07-15-2004, 01:41 AM
Yeah, sorry about tailgating you like that.

§håd0w
07-15-2004, 01:47 AM
Well, were you swerving violently/hitting mailboxes at the time?

Nope, not at all. Just driving to school, and the cop came out of nowhere... Ku-POPO

metCloud
07-15-2004, 01:54 AM
I got a ticket for a Fender bender once...no big deal but when I was working as a "gopher" at my nieghbors car lot I had to pick up a car and drive it to his house. I picked it up started driving ten miles down the road I get pulled for no tags :mad: . I had nothing but a DL on me...no plate,inspection or registration for the vehicle and to top it all off this was 2 weeks after 9/11, so the....cops at this point.... had me pulled over for about 3 hours trying to figure out my story because this was all about 30 mins. from Norfolk Naval station....Basically they thought I was a terrorist! I never got a ticket for that but my boss did and took up about half of my day.

§håd0w
07-15-2004, 02:31 PM
Dude!!! You live in Virginia?!?! Sweet!!! One of the few people on the MB, other than Proto and I, that lives in Virginia. Where do you live?

Rusty
07-15-2004, 03:25 PM
I havent gotten a ticket yet, but my mother almost got one because of me a couple of years ago. I really dont like police and my mother got pulled over that couple of years ago for parking over a driveway and got let off with a warning but I called the police officer a pig, and because it's not illiegal to do that it was funny watching the police officer get mad...and try and figure out if she could still book my mother for parking over a driveway :)

metCloud
07-15-2004, 03:54 PM
Dude!!! You live in Virginia?!?! Sweet!!! One of the few people on the MB, other than Proto and I, that lives in Virginia. Where do you live?

I lived in Virginia Beach my whole life until a year ago when I moved to Elizabeth City, NC. I lived about 2 mins. from Sandbridge beach if you know where that is.

BTW: Virginia cops are about the dumbest people on earth...doesnt suprise me at all you got pulled over for all that stuff Shadow.

escobert
07-15-2004, 04:01 PM
I've been pulled over but not tickets.

§håd0w
07-15-2004, 04:30 PM
I lived in Virginia Beach my whole life until a year ago when I moved to Elizabeth City, NC. I lived about 2 mins. from Sandbridge beach if you know where that is.
I have a general idea of where you live, so I go to North Carolina a lot to visit realitives, so I know the general area that you're in.

BTW: Virginia cops are about the dumbest people on earth...doesnt suprise me at all you got pulled over for all that stuff Shadow.

Ha! You're not joking about that one. They're so stupid.

Leeza
07-15-2004, 05:20 PM
I've had one speeding ticket, two warnings for speeding, one warning for wearing my seat belt improperly and a few parking tickets.

m4tt
07-15-2004, 06:03 PM
I've had one speeding ticket for going 80+ in a 70mph zone.

I thought I was going to get pulled over the other night. I was going 75 in a 65mph zone and a highway patrol car got right up behind me. I moved over and took my foot off the gas. He ended up pulling over the car that was in front of me. haw haw!