PDA

View Full Version : Equipping Umaro

Martyr
07-14-2004, 05:19 PM
Hey...
Lets hope this question hasn't been asked before.

So I've got a bone club and a snow muffler. Two cool looking items. Both can be equipped on Umaro. In fact, the Bone Club can be equipped by only Umaro.
But in the status screen, it seems that you're not allowed to give Umaro equipment or skills.

How do I equip him with those items? Or is it a typo or programming error or something?

Note: Also, this dude is pretty intense. His stats are awesome and his damage is awesome and everything. But, since he can't equip espers to improve his stats, will he become an ultimately weaker character than the others? Or will it not matter? Or are the jerks like me who make sure that each character gets a +2 to a stat at every level cheating, and'll wind up with characters too abnormally powerful to play and enjoy the game with?

And is my grammar too atrocious for you all in that last sentence?

Flying Mullet
07-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Umaro comes equipped with a Bone Club and Snow Muffler. If you want to see what Umaro has equipped, select "Equip" or "Relic" and then when the hand appears over a character on your screen, press left on the direction pad and all party members will be selected. This will let you see what everyone in your party has equipped.

And the two relics that are for Umaro are the Rage Ring, which increases his damage, and the Blizzard Orb, which lets him use a blizzard attack that does ice damage to all enemies.

Martyr
07-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Hmm Thanks.

LingaringBell
07-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Umaro never gets "left behind" in the power category. I have played with Umaro through most of the game and he just keeps getting more and more powerful, usually more useful then any of the characters with magic or that you can control.

Zante
07-22-2004, 05:39 PM
To equip Umaros items, you have to give(remove) a gauntlet or a genji glove on him.

Giga Guess
08-13-2004, 04:05 AM
Cool! Didn't know that!

Nemesis the Warlock
08-18-2004, 12:09 PM
That's because it's not true. I just tried it. There is no way to change Umaro's equipment, nor is there a reason (he's already wearing the best stuff there is).

Zante
08-18-2004, 01:07 PM
It is true. Somethimes it can happen that his items will be unequiped and put into your inventory, and when you give him one of the relics, he will put them back on. (You have to chose optimum for reequip in the options menu)

Nemesis the Warlock
08-18-2004, 01:20 PM
I'm talking about the SNES version. Maybe you're playing a different one?

I just got Umaro last night and gave him the Gauntlet. It does double his attack power, so he really is holding his club with both hands. But there is still no equipment window afterwards. Characters that can be equipped will automatically get optimum equipment if you give them a Gauntlet or Genji Glove. Not Umaro.

I also noticed that the guy who unequips people not currently in your party will unequip relics of everyone except Umaro. I think this is intentional: Umaro is a Yeti, and the only member of your group who's there against his will. Would you try to approach him and take off his Rage Ring? I wouldn't.

Zante
08-18-2004, 01:49 PM
I have the PS version. I didn't say that you get the equipment window afterwards, only that if his club is in your inventory, this is a way to get it back on him.

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
09-08-2004, 02:15 AM
Um where can i find umero. I found mog in the world of ruin but i cant find umaro. and how do i get the rage ring

Carnage
09-08-2004, 02:34 AM
Go to the frozen esper(kill/get it) and then jump of the cliff into umaros cave. you hafto have mog in your party to get him but who dosent have mog in their party? :mog:

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
09-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Thanks