PDA

View Full Version : i need some help in ff1...

nik0tine
07-14-2004, 11:24 PM
where is the heal rod in ff1? i missed it somewhere along the road, and now i want it because i remember how useful it was in other games (ie FFV) where is this? im at gulug volcano right now... can i still obtain this?

Chris
07-14-2004, 11:41 PM
Yes, You can get the healing staff in the Castle of Ordeals...the place you get the rat tail for your class change.

nik0tine
07-14-2004, 11:43 PM
ok, thanks.

Chris
07-14-2004, 11:45 PM
No sweat -- glad I could help.

Martyr
07-15-2004, 02:59 AM
Bfff... But you didn't miss it. You're nowhere near it.
And it isn't even remotely as useful in FF1 as it is in other Final Fantasys.

Del Murder
07-17-2004, 06:33 AM
I used the heal rod in battle quite often. It's something for the white mage to do in random encounters. I've never really used it in the other games.

Martyr
07-17-2004, 10:27 AM
You used the heal rod in conjunction with the heal helmets, and you took 3 turns to use it to save on magic. I'm sure.
The Heal Rod casts HEAL. It's one of the poorest spells from the start. It only heals about 20 HP, and hits everybody. Once you hit the Castle of Ordeals, Where the enemies are pounding you for 50 damage or so, the Heal Ros is a turn better spent killing something.

But I lied about it's usefulness. There's nothing cooler than reviving all your gus at the near end of a battle (With a monster that can no longer take down your HPs faster than the staff can raise them), but I usually need the helmets being used as well to speed up the process. I have no patience otherwise.

And it sounds funy that you wouldn't use it in other games. But we all have our own style, I guess.